Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seasonal Top up insurance - Carte Neige vs Club Vieux Campeur ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For, oh, I don't know how long, 15 years? We have supplemented our other covers with Carte Neige - until last year really to cover us outside Switzerland (as in CH you are well covered anyway).

We're now French resident but still want ski cover for CH and Italy as, 'Rona notwithstanding, we'll hopefully be skiing there and I think we need that extension.

Last night I ordered Mme U a pair of bindings at a very keen price from Vieux Campeur and as their loyalty club (with assurance) @ €25 saved €9 shipping I took a punt that their assurance multi-risk that came with it would be adequate. I note that nowhere in the documentation does it mention (nor exclude) off piste, and given their demographic, it would seem somewhat crazy for them to exclude, but still ...

Assuming so, seems like (for me) Assurance Multi-Risk Club VC @ €25 is better value than CN at around €55 ???

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 18-10-20 8:26; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just go for the CN because it easily covers all the things I need. It's quickly and easily recognised by pisteurs should I need any help, it's a standard product (no upgrades for extra things that may need verifying before rescuing you) etc. TBH, for the price I find it gives me everything i need. If it's a touch more expensive than something else then so be it, I find peace of mind knowing I'll be rescued quickly if I need it - to me, that is priceless.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have had a Vieux Campeur card for about 10 years now but never had to make a claim. Usually save more per year in shop discounts than it costs me. Easy to renew on line and they prefer this to doing it in store. They also have full version of insurance policy online in english. https://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/media/wysiwyg/cms/carteclub/Contrat_CarteClub_2018_en-2.pdf

Accrobranche, Camping, Canoë, Canyoning, Chasse sous-marine, Course à pied, Escalade, Golf, Grimpe, Kayak, Luge, Mon­tagne, Natation en mer, rivière et piscine, Planche à voile, Plongée sous-marine, Rafting, Randonnée pédestre, Raquette à neige, Roller, Running, Ski-roues, Ski alpin, nordique et de rando, Snowboard, Spéléologie, Squash, Stand Up Paddle, Surf, Télé­mark. Tennis. vtt et autres vélos, Voile, Parapente et Deltaplane (sous réserve d'acquérir l'option spécifique), Snowkite et Kitesurf (sous réserve d’acquérir l'option spécifique).

The above is the list of activities covered taken from the website.

My reading is that it covers off piste / touring without a guide.

Seems good for getting you off the mountain but the actual medical costs are relatively low.

I am glad you posted as it has made me read the conditions again. To profit from it your main residence needs to be in the EU or Switzerland. It sounds as if this will be OK for you but we have a second home in the PDS and main residence in UK. I will need to contact them to see what they say.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Extremophile, yeah, that sentiment I understand. Although, I am not sure that CN prioritises your rescue?

Quote:
knowing I'll be rescued quickly if I need it
... I don't think CN confers any advantage on speed of succour Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I also suspect that any (French at least) pisteur will know exactly what VC is and what the insurance covers.

@pateman99, yep, I'd had a good look at the Ts & Cs, and given that VC sell you ALL the kit you need to participate in pretty much any of the world's more common dangerous sports (I note the singular absence of freefall steam ironing*) it would seem somewhat abtuse to sell insurance that then did not cover said pursuits.

Medical cover, at least in France, not an issue as normal healthcare applies.

* a true thing, honest
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As there's finally a chance that we can get a ski season for the first time since we relocated to France (yay!) we're looking for an annual top up insurance, we need cover for rescue and recovery etc as medical costs will all be covered by current healthcare arrangements. Vieux Campeur club looks like a good option, especially as Mr HH is planning on investing in new kit.

@under a new name did you decide that VC was adequate or go another route? Or neither in the light of the season that never was?!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy