Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

days skiing in La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I ski in Les Arc and have always discussed having a day over in La Rosiere. I drive to Les Arc so have a car so getting over to Rosiere is easy

Having never been over apart from in the summer, are there any tips that will help me ? Where to park, get lift passes for the day, good routes to get me over into Italy, must do runs etc

Les Ecudets seems on the way up the mountian for getting a pass/joining but I dont know how practical that is if I want to go over to Italy as well as ski the resort

thanks for any help
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's very straightforward, especially if you have a car. Parking at Les Ecudets is (still, I think?) free, and whenever I've done it no more than a handful of cars there (midweek, low season). Certainly much easier and quicker than driving all the way up to La Rosiere. You can buy a lift pass in a little ticket office at Les Ecudets, and there is a small hut there for a drink or snack when you return at the end of the day. In good snow conditions the ski down the red and/or black pistes through the trees is very nice.

There's no problem with skiing to La Thuile, even from Les Ecudets, for lunch and back again without feeling like you are especially pushed for time. Skiing on the Italian side seems a bit more interesting than the French side, and snow can be a bit better as it's more North facing. Also nice to have a proper hot chocolate and coffee which is deserving of the name when you cross the border. The two drag lifts (Bellecomb?) that you have to take to reach the border from La Rosiere side are a pain, especially as it seems to be constantly windy over the col.

Worth doing if only for the novelty of skiing to another country for lunch, especially if you have friends with you who might not expect such a thing to be possible.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ipken, as @rob@rar says it can get very windy over the top - that is probably why those are drag lifts. But beware, it means the col can get closed with very little notice and there is no other way back other than a very expensive taxi. Easy and fun to do, but do check the weather forecast!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
the col can get closed with very little notice and there is no other way back other than a very expensive taxi. Easy and fun to do, but do check the weather forecast!

Yes, the weather forecast can work wonders in helping to avoid such instances wink We've crossed both ways on a number of ski days and have had no issues.

We skied from Les Ecudets on our last day visit. Easy peasy for road and ski access and parking and (as mentioned previously) a nice ski back. The hut at the bottom is nice and rustic for an apres-ski hot chocolate.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the responses - all appreciated
I'd looked at the map and sometimes it doesnt give you the issues such as the drags being exposed and what looks like a run down to a lift doesnt always get there
If I get to Ecudets and the car park is full, then its not the end of the world to drive to the village
I would guess a taxi back would be going miles round the mountains or even MB tunnel as I know the pass closes in the winter
Proper hot choc and different food options is a draw and I've loved all the trips I've had skiing in Italy so its looking like a plan
I'm very lucky to have a place in Arc 1800 and will be there from mid Dec until about 10th Jan so have a few days to pick from

Hope its a great snow season
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Les Ecudets is the way to go. If you get there early and the snow is good, do a couple of laps of Fontaine Froide and Ecudets. One/two of the best runs I have ever done.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy