Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Covid paperwork - Geneva flight for French resort

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Getting booked up for a trip this season and just trying to get my head around current Covid rules.

Planning to fly into Geneva to then travel onwards to a french resort - does that mean we need to fill in a swiss passenger locator form and/or a french one? Puzzled

Appreciate any help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From what I understand we have to fill out a Swiss passenger locator form (https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular) ticking the "Transit Only" box then also complete the French arrival form (https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/content/download/128926/1028128/file/04-08-2021-engagement-sur-l-honneur-orange-version-anglaise.docx) the latter being a paper form which in all likelihood won't be checked.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Planning the same this December too. I've got two teenage daughters who won't have both vaccinations of course. I noticed that they don't need negative test proof to fly to Switzerland (with us vaccinated as parents) but they would do if they flew directly to France.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Watching
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Planning the same - booked for New Year. I hadn’t thought about the detail yet (naively had hoped it would be a different picture when I booked months and months ago)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thinks can change repidly in either ways (remember last december). Crossing 2 borders with 2 sets of rules, both ways could be difficult. Why not flying directly to France like Lyon or Chambery ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, but in practice you’re never going to be asked for the French one. We were stopped at the border going CH to F in a hire car by the French douanes and they just wanted to know if we had large amounts of cash or fags in the car.

But it may well change by then anyway.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've just been to France via GVA and only did the swiss one. didn't realise I needed to do a French one too. In practice I didn't
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy from embsay wrote:
Yes, but in practice you’re never going to be asked for the French one.

We ski last year in december in Switzerland and driving back home, at the french border, we were asked about paperwork regarding Covid even with our french passport....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@thierryd, yes, but that was because the lifts in France were shut, there was a curfew and you weren’t supposed to be crossing the border to ski - things are different now.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
andy from embsay wrote:
@thierryd, yes, but that was because the lifts in France were shut, there was a curfew and you weren’t supposed to be crossing the border to ski - things are different now.

Thinks could be different also in 2 months from now.... This is why I recommand not to cross to many borders at the same time...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hence I posted “But it may well change by then”. I don’t think there’s any point trying to plan covid paperwork three months out. But comparing it with last December is even more pointless.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andy from embsay wrote:
Hence I posted “But it may well change by then”. I don’t think there’s any point trying to plan covid paperwork three months out. But comparing it with last December is even more pointless.

Pointless just like all plans we all made last year at the same period.... let's cross fingers this will not occur this season and let's minimize risks of problems like border control
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crossed from Geneve to France in the last few days - asked for Swiss PLF and proof of vaccination at EJ check in. Swiss border control only asked for vaccination proof and passports. Our sons’s Covid test wasn’t asked for. Didn’t think to complete French PLFs but no check at the border Eh oh! .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I commute a couple of times a month between France and the UK via Geneva. I have never been asked for the Swiss form and didn’t even know the French form existed. It’s all very easy. If you don’t have an EU passport expect long queues at Geneva immigration though.
snow report
Quote:

Thinks can change repidly in either ways (remember last december). Crossing 2 borders with 2 sets of rules, both ways could be difficult. Why not flying directly to France like Lyon or Chambery ?

We're going to Avoriaz (Morzine), so significantly closer to Geneva than the 2 airports you mention.
ski holidays
Thanks for all your replies - all very valid points. I agree to an extent with everyone saying unlikely to be asked for french PLF, as we have never been stopped in transfer minibus crossing the CH/FR border in the last 5 years we've been going.

However, for the sake of just filling in an online form and having a PLF in my travel document 'just incase' i think that's the best way to go.
snow report
Watching this thread in advance of PSB
ski holidays
I got asked for my French form a month ago.

I also got my (uk) passport exit stamped yesterday. I think I'm going to try and collect exit stamps.
snow report
giddyman wrote:
Thanks for all your replies - all very valid points. I agree to an extent with everyone saying unlikely to be asked for french PLF, as we have never been stopped in transfer minibus crossing the CH/FR border in the last 5 years we've been going.

However, for the sake of just filling in an online form and having a PLF in my travel document 'just incase' i think that's the best way to go.

Exactly. I have driven regularly through CH/FR borders at Geneva, Chatelard & Pontalier, never been asked for anything, but always have both CH PLF and FR Attestation d'H because it only needs to be asked for once to spoil your day.

CH and FR paperwork is a breeze, it's the UK PLF that's a pita.
snow conditions
This afternoon at Geneva was only asked for passport, but handed over CdS at same time. The passport folks were very nice and opened up extra windows to speed folks thru.
snow report
We're doing the same which does have the advantage of our single jabbed teenage daughters not needing a pre-departure test within 24 hours, which they would need if we were flying directly to France.
It would be useful to know if the Geneva border controls would require proof of a test for them if you are transiting into France-i.e. if they are doing France's checks for them.
If a pre-departure test could be used to buy them a ski pass, we'd get one done the night before anyway to avoid the Sunday morning queues!!
snow report
snowhound wrote:
We're doing the same which does have the advantage of our single jabbed teenage daughters not needing a pre-departure test within 24 hours, which they would need if we were flying directly to France.

Well entering France by plane by car by foot doesn't change the requirement..... the main difference is about the control....
latest report
@thierryd, fair point.
snow report
An interesting discussion and here's me simply wondering how I can proove that I've had a booster vaccination that the French will require from December 15th. I suspect it will be a lateral flow test in the pharmacy every 2 days.

As for unvaccinated people, which includes most English children, the form says as honour statement

Quote:

CERTIFICATE OF TRAVEL TO METROPOLITAN FRANCE FROM
AN AMBER LIST COUNTRY
(FOR UNVACCINATED PERSONS)

When travelling to France without a complete vaccination schedule from an amber list country:
1. When boarding, you must present a negative PCR test of less than 72 hours or a negative antigenic test of less than 48 hours.
2. You must give a compelling reason to be admitted into metropolitan France.
3. You may be required to take a random test on arrival and you must agree to self-isolate for seven days on arrival.

Passengers wishing to travel to France must present this certificate to transport companies before boarding and to border control authorities. It applies to travellers arriving by a direct flight or after a transit of less than 14 days in another country. Failure to do so shall result in the passenger being denied boarding or access to the territory.
Additionally, the following must be presented:
· A sworn statement certifying the absence of COVID-19 symptoms and any contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19;
· For persons aged 11 years or more, a virological screening test (PCR) of less than 72 hours prior to boarding showing no COVID-19 infection or an antigenic test taken less than 48 hours before boarding, showing no COVID-19 infection;
· A sworn commitment to take an antigenic test or biological examination that may be conducted on arrival in metropolitan France;
· A sworn commitment to self-isolate for seven days and another sworn commitment to take a biological virological screening test (PCR) at the end of the isolation.

That last one appears to say that English children must isolate for 7 days on arrival. I do not beleive that is true.

It also appears that almost all English visitors to France over the age of 65 fit into the unvaccinated category since they cannot proove thaey have had their booster shots
ski holidays
"That last one appears to say that English children must isolate for 7 days on arrival. I do not beleive that is true." You are correct, that is not true. A child travelling to France with fully vaccinated parents does not have to isolate neither do they need to do a test on arrival. When we went to France a few weeks ago our children needed a lateral flow test (48hrs or less) to enter and that was all. HOWEVER we did need to show proof of negative tests for the children in order to go to restaurants etc and I believe that will be the case for some time.
ski holidays
trmacc wrote:
"That last one appears to say that English children must isolate for 7 days on arrival. I do not beleive that is true." You are correct, that is not true. A child travelling to France with fully vaccinated parents does not have to isolate neither do they need to do a test on arrival. When we went to France a few weeks ago our children needed a lateral flow test (48hrs or less) to enter and that was all. HOWEVER we did need to show proof of negative tests for the children in order to go to restaurants etc and I believe that will be the case for some time.
If the child is less than 12 years old...
snow report
Reply received from NHS Covid today asking them when NHS Covid app going to include the booster as am going to France/Switzerland and Austria at beginning of December.

This is the answer "We are currently exploring whether and how boosters should be incorporated into the COVID Pass for Travel".

Also just seen Boris's latest update on TV and he totally ignored a direct question on this from a reporter in classic political fashion.

My GP has very kindly printed out all my 3 jabs and officially stamped each page so with luck that will be sufficient.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Also just seen Boris's latest update on TV and he totally ignored a direct question on this from a reporter in classic political fashion.

I think people would collapse if he actually answered a question
snow report
@thierryd, no you are wrong. If the child is aged 12-17 and travelling with fully vaccinated adult they do not need to self isolate = https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918 and this is from the Govt website

"Children aged 12 years old or over who are not fully vaccinated and travelling with a fully vaccinated adult are required to present a negative test result (PCR or antigen taken before departure). However, they do not need to provide an essential reason for travel, nor do they need to self-isolate on arrival."

Our children are 12 and 15 and there was no requirement to isolate or test once we were in France, only reason we did test them was so we could go to restaurants and to be honest most of them only looked at the adults certificates and didn't ask for the children.
snow report
@snowhound, that's interesting and a possible bonus I hadn't considered when I booked our flights, so if we fly into Geneva next month our teenagers won't need a pre-departure test as we are flying into Switzerland, regardless of fact we are then driving to Morzine....?
ski holidays
trmacc wrote:
@thierryd, no you are wrong. If the child is aged 12-17 and travelling with fully vaccinated adult they do not need to self isolate = https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918 and this is from the Govt website

"Children aged 12 years old or over who are not fully vaccinated and travelling with a fully vaccinated adult are required to present a negative test result (PCR or antigen taken before departure). However, they do not need to provide an essential reason for travel, nor do they need to self-isolate on arrival."

Our children are 12 and 15 and there was no requirement to isolate or test once we were in France, only reason we did test them was so we could go to restaurants and to be honest most of them only looked at the adults certificates and didn't ask for the children.

You are right for the self isolation/reason for travel but I was much reacting to the test part of the post... Sorry for my mistake in my quote
latest report
trmacc wrote:
@snowhound, that's interesting and a possible bonus I hadn't considered when I booked our flights, so if we fly into Geneva next month our teenagers won't need a pre-departure test as we are flying into Switzerland, regardless of fact we are then driving to Morzine....?

Well entering France by plane by car by foot doesn't change the requirement..... the main difference is about the control....
snow report
@thierryd, that is true about control! And yes you are indeed correct about the testing aspect of it. The whole thing is a minefield!
snow report
@trmacc, Same here, these flights were booked two and half years ago! The 24 hour thing is a real fag given France allow 48 or 72 hours for other countries. My only concern would be if the Swiss authorities wanted to see proof of testing if you declared you were only transiting into France.
snow conditions
@trmacc, Same here, these flights were booked two and half years ago! The 24 hour thing is a real fag given France allow 48 or 72 hours for other countries. My only concern would be if the Swiss authorities wanted to see proof of testing if you declared you were only transiting into France.
snow conditions
A related question re travel to France.

1. I received my 2nd vax on 26.4.21

2. I received my booster on 23.10.21 (just under 6 months after my 2nd vax). This does not how up on the NHS app. There is no QR code to scan for the booster.

3. I am travelling to France on 26.12.21 (8 months post - 2nd vax).

4. For the purposes of travelling to France I will therefore be regarded as having had my last covid jab on 26.4.21.

5. Will the fact that I can only prove that my 2nd vax occurred back on 26.4.21 prevent me from entering France ? i.e. if I can prove I was second vaxxed on 26.4.21, will this be sufficient to enter France ?

I`m probably making a mountain out if molehill.... but I am finding the conflicting rules between jurisdictions and the changing rules within our jurisdiction confusing...
latest report
A related question re travel to France.

2. I received my booster on 23.10.21 (just under 6 months after my 2nd vax). This does not how up on the NHS app. There is no QR code to scan for the booster.

3. I am travelling to France on 26.12.21 (8 months post - 2nd vax).

4. For the purposes of travelling to France I will therefore be regarded as having had my last covid jab on 26.4.21.

5. Will the fact that I can only prove that my 2nd vax occurred back on 26.4.21 prevent me from entering France ? i.e. if I can prove I was second vaxxed on 26.4.21, will this be sufficient to enter France ?

I`m probably making a mountain out if molehill.... but I am finding the conflicting rules between jurisdictions and the changing rules within our jurisdiction confusing...
latest report
jonty wrote:

Unless you are over 65 years old, 2 injections are enought to travel to France. For the 3rd dose and if you are over 65, print any related document to prove you are ok to the border officer.
ski holidays
Jeez.

skilegs wrote:
. . . My GP has very kindly printed out all my 3 jabs and officially stamped each page so with luck that will be sufficient.

You must have a very obliging GP. I want one too, but the NHS/gov websites I've looked at say that GPs can't issue a status letter! I'll ask anyway. You never know.

Wasn't it appallingly all too predictable? For the umpteenth time, doesn't the situation demontrate not even minimal allowances for obvious future events? But i wonder why . .
(a) why restrict the app to just 2 vaccinations?
(b) why design a different QR code to the Europeans?
(c) why prevent GPs issuing 'status letters'?

[rant]
No doubt people will call out 'conspiracy theorist', but for me, those in charge have been far too consistently like this for for far too long on far too many issues for it reasonably to be considered anything else other than deliberate, and more political-business-as-usual rather than a conspiracy or incompetence. I can't imagine there won't have been people in the relevant organisations who would have called these things out, and that if so, their opinions will have been quashed. The Important People seem to me to want to make some sort of point to the Unsophisticated Masses, that Yes, We Aren't in Europe Now and We're Going Our Own Way in Splendid Isolation, Hurrah, Brexit Done and all that, Awkward Foreigners, and they are also quite deliberately creating confusion, doubt and worry, so that the fog of the War on Covid, the blame to be laid at the doors of the Awkward Foreigners, and our need to concentrate on those immediate problems of our own like travelling to Europe and having a way forward, which serve as a distraction and a cloak for the deliberate neglect, wastefulness, endemic corruption, the effects of Brexit, and acts against the interests of all but a privileged few, etc. etc. will all allow the ducking of responsibility both political and bureaucratic and the achievement of other agendas. What only a conspiracy theorist would suggest, is that English GPs have been officially stated as being unable to offer and issue vacc proof 'status letters' as a deliberate move to stop people having a way round all the centralised deliberately created cr*p and bureaucracy and have an easier life. I predict that the NHS app will be updated too late for lots of people not to suffer a lot of inconvenience, it will have 'teething troubles' and incompatibilities, and that that is then triumphally announced by BJ, in spite of the Awkward Foreigners. Phew.
[/rant]

Of course, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Time for a beer and a lie down. Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy