Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Covid rules in Switzerland for Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked Wengen for Christmas and wondered what are the Covid rules re restaurants and bars, gondolas etc.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At the moment, for restaurants and bars, you need a certificate (on your phone or on paper) to prove you’re jabbed. That’s all. British certificates don’t work at the moment, but I'm sure that will be sorted out in time for the winter season. There are no requirements for gondolas etc at the moment, but once again, that's being discussed, options being 2G (recovered or jabbed), or 3G (recovered, jabbed or tested).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
telford_mike wrote:

British certificates don’t work at the moment, but I'm sure that will be sorted out in time for the winter season.

You can use your British one until 24th October. From https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat/covid-zertifikat-erhalt-gueltigkeit.html#-1428730671
Quote:
In a transitional phase until 24 October 2021, all foreign vaccination certificates for EMA-approved vaccines will be valid for access to events or facilities requiring a COVID certificate.

After this you will need to convert your British one into a Swiss one. Currently, this is being done by the individual cantons, but from 24th October this will be handled centrally, details to follow. From https://www.gsi.be.ch/de/start/themen/coronavirus/zertifikat/certificate-for-persons-vaccinated-abroad.html

Quote:
In the course of the calender week 42, the Confederation will make a central application platform available - as soon as this platform is up and running, the link (access) will be communicated.

Currently, you need to wear a mask in inside lifts i.e. gondolas/cable cars/funiculars, but you do not need a mask on outside lifts e.g. chairlifts (which are also used for mountain biking and pedestrian traffic in summer). However, last winter they were also required on outside lifts so they might bring that back for the winter - no announcement so far that I have seen. You also need a mask on public transport and supermarkets and any other inside public space for which you do not need a COVID certificate to enter.

Theoretically you do not need a mask in a restaurant (as you do need a COVID certificate to eat inside) but the rules seem confusing for restaurants and hotels and no one seems to apply them consistently. I always assume I need both a COVID certificate aka my phone and a mask for both restaurants and hotels so that I’m covered whatever the interpretation.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also, as of November 2021, your GHIC will be valid in Switzerland too. So if you don't have one, apply now from Gov.UK. You'll still need travel insurance as well. Note that some insurers require you to have this anyway, as their policy cost is predicated on not having to fund this part of any treatment. Having it will also streamline the hospital admissions process at a point where the whole thing is going to be stressful anyway. ANd of course, actually carry it with you when you're out (not just skiing) - it's no use back at the hotel/apartment.

And for ease of insurance claims, I'd recommend that you still take out the daily piste insurance as well (if this is offered in Wengen, as it is locally for us in Verbier/4Vallées at 5 CHF/person/day). This obviates your having to pay up-front for £100/minute heli-evac, plus medic, plus pisteurs, and then having to claim it back from the insurers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all for such quick and helpful replies - greatly appreciated.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very useful information thanks everyone as COVID permitting, I should be going to Zermatt around Xmas. Have checked passport/GHIC and insurance already and then plan to re-check requirements a month before going as they seem to be constantly shifting at both ends and then keep a close eye on things after that!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got a Switzerland Travel Update from the Gov.UK service this morning as some conditions have changed (link below) - I signed-up for auto-alerts which us a very useful feature that I recommend to anyone planning to travel there. Today's alert was about the NHS app certificate ceasing to be accepted in CH after 24th September, with links to how to get the Swiss app via individual Canton websites (see interactive map at bottom of page).

The Gov.UK Foreign travel advice: Switzerland landing page is always a good place to start if you want to check up on current travel requirements and rules inside the country.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 16-10-21 14:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am also being ID’d with the certificate in Zurich so something worth considering- one place accepted a photo of my passport another place wanted an actual in my hand document (driving license)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Nadenoodlee, Residence Permit seems to be acceptable in Bern.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@telford_mike, I never know if we’re supposed to carry that about or not - mine is still paper so not very convenient
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy