Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Multiple ski passes on one card

Poster: A snowHead
Is it possible to buy multiple lift passes valid for specific dates at different resorts, and load them onto the same (Skidata) key card concurrently?

e.g. resort A: Saturday promo day pass
e.g. resort B: Sunday promo day pass

This would save paying extra for new keycards. Some of the promotions have to be bought a few days in advance, so it's not possible to use the first pass before buying the second.

A similar question was asked about the Portes du Soleil recently, but that related to a single ski area.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe it's technically possible but I wouldn't trust the tech in practice which I understand wipes the data on an existing card before it is reissued.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's more, if there is an issue with card activation, if you present resort B's lift pass office with a reloaded pass from resort A, they will immediately assume you are a numpty with the wrong card and a lot of explaining will be required to dissuade them from their assumption. Been there, done that.

Beyond that, and with regard to your initial problem, do you have any old Skidata cards in your possession? If so, should be possible to load onto separate cards.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both.

@DidierCouch, that must have been annoying. Yes, I'm intending to use a resort B pass at resort A Confused

I do have two old Skidata cards (per person), but because of the specific advance purchase rules I think I need three to avoid doubling up on the same card.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In a word no with current ski data cards. The system can't cope with an old card from a previous time/other resort, as evidenced by much pocket turning out on Sunday mornings.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The answer is yes for online purchases because your ski pass is in the cloud until you pass the borne(barrier) for the first time which then downloads the information onto your card.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Ski A La Carte cards work in various resorts IIRC but they're not pre-paid. And if your skiing every day the rate will be slightly higher than a regular multi day pass.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Alpinebear, are you sure about that? Would be great if true, but seems to contradict what other snowHeads have said.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@denfinella, old skidata cards defo reuse for online booking is same area.

Not aware that any can be used for any other areas.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@denfinella, when someone comes with a ski pass with 01- at the start I can look up to see what ski pass is waiting to be downloaded (ADH) only. For example someone might have booked the Saturday promo but are wanting to ski on Friday also so they can use the same ski pass because Saturdays is not physically on the card yet.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK, thanks.

In my case I'll probably be booking an Alpe du Grand Serre Sunday promo (before Wednesday pm), and then an Alpe d'Huez Saturday promo (before Thursday pm), then using them at the weekend (in the opposite order to when I purchased them).

@Alpinebear, do you think that would work OK? I guess the worst case scenario is that I might need to make a fuss at the ticket office.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had some vouchers for Serre Chevalier day passes from my season pass purchase a couple of years ago which we used for our sons. You could only load one day at a time, so we ended up just adding it on for the following day each evening from the comfort of our apartment. Lift pass office were going to issue 5 cards and we had to keep them in order.
I used old Skidata cards from Serre Chevalier to load a pass for Three Valleys, but not both resorts at the same time.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best way to find out is to attempt to purchase a pass online, if the number is valid, you're good to go I'd say.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@denfinella, should work fine. Worst case scenario you go to the ski pass office with your booking confirmation as proof you have loaded the card online
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
An update on this.

So, there are two main types of ski pass system: Skidata (90%) and Axess (most of the rest). We have multiple old passes from each system, from various ski resorts. Here's what happened when we tried to use them to book passes online for resorts around Grenoble.

1. Alpe du Grand Serre - wouldn't accept any of our cards. Must use a different system. Also wouldn't accept UK phone numbers. Awkward. Only €1 for a new keycard though, and we just entered a made up phone number.

2. Oz-Vaujany (Alpe d'Huez) - uses Skidata, but specifically prohibits keycards from neighbouring Chamrousse, even though they also use Skidata (warning message comes up saying Chamrousse cards not accepted). Our Les Orres cards were also rejected, yet Risoul was accepted (despite being from the same holiday!).

3. Collet d'Allevard uses Axess. Accepted keycards from Abondance (Portes du Soleil).

4. To be continued...

Upshot of the complications is that we still have spare cards of each type, so no need to double up resorts on a single card

Summary - why is it pointlessly complicated? Laughing
ski holidays
@denfinella, there is a problem with Chamrousse cards working in the ADH area. Apparently Chamrousse have been made aware of the problem and have emailed their existing customers of the potential problem.
Les Orres cards is a new one on me, I'll check tomorrow.
snow report
@Alpinebear, thanks, interesting. I was wondering whether it was because there was a fierce local rivalry! Laughing

No need to check about Les Orres for my sake though - we booked our promo passes using the Risoul cards instead.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy