Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long green runs, kids club, baby sitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice please. We want to go skiing in February. Our requirements are:

Long, easy green runs
Ski in / out
Baby sitting and ideally kids club
Hotel with bar and restaurant although we will out out a lot too.

I found Ecrin Blanc in Courchevel. It appears to have everything but seems to be a bit on its own in the middle of nowhere.

Anyone any suggestions as to where we can try please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have stayed in the Hotel New Solarium, which is in the quiet Jardin Alpin area above Courchevel 1850. I see they have Baby Sitting for an extra charge, but not a Kids' Club.

It has very easy access to the slopes - either on skis, or by the Gondola that is 25m away.

There is a very large area of Green Runs, taking up much of that side of the Mountain.

We also found the Ski Supreme ski school to be excellent.

When I stayed there, it had just been added to Crystal's selection and was very competitively priced....but I think it has got substantially more expensive since then (I think Crystal dropped it a while ago). We loved it - and we were served up some of the best food I have had on a Ski Holiday (no idea what like now).

When the Gondola stops, 1850 can be accessed by a 15 min walk down the Piste - we didn't find this a big issue.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Francois Langchamp, linked to Valmorel. Super kid friendly, kids festival on when we visited and one of the biggest areas of green runs you'll come across in a big wide open bowl right into the village........
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure what it will be like post Brexit but in terms of the kids EspriSki was very good. Accommodations was never the best but always more than acceptable. This kids always came away having loved their time whether it was all day I kids club to start with or skiing + kids club more recently. All that said their prices this year look to be a lot more than previous years and there are no chalets its just hotels with what looks like less support.

We're using Crystal this year as we don't quite need as much support as before.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@IainMcT, agree Ecrin Blanc is a bit in the middle of nowhere. It is great if you want to use Aquamotion regularly, but the ski-in ski-out is not on easy Greens - more like relatively steep Blues. As @Old Fartbag says, the best area for easy Greens in Courchevel is probably beside the Bellecote or Jardin Alpin pistes above 1850. But it will be pricey, and if you ONLY want easy Greens there are probably less extensive / much cheaper resorts that may suit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can you suggest what resorts those might be please? Doesn’t need to be Courchevel. The criteria is more important than the resort. My wife isn’t that confident and I’m happy skiing reds and some blacks but really want to spend some time with my wife on long pistes she feels confident on.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Valloire has some long greens & easy wide blues - greens & some blues are basically cat tracks (mountain roads) so can be a bit narrow. Longest green is called escargot - to give you an idea how flat it is!
Hotel Christiana is right by ESF ski school & the ski road
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy