Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xmas / New Year 2021/22- Dates?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi- what are the chalets / TO's and Self-catering people doing regards this Christmas / New Year- have just looked at the diary and kids holidays. It is a mess.

Are places doing midweek-mid week over New Year for example. Obviously I'm about to Google- but I suspect that there has already been a lot of looking by people who are more organised than I.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ed123, I believe xmas is usually december 25th?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Crystal are doing Tuesday-Tuesday
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm (hopefully) going to Switzerland 21st-28th Dec (Tues-Tues)
During research, it seems that a lot of TO's are doing Monday-Monday for some countries and Tuesday-Tuesday for others. Some doing Sun-Sun but that does mean going out/coming back on Boxing Day which I have done once but wasn't ideal as most of the check in staff were "sick" which caused chaos...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Linds, Monday-Monday for Austria. Revert to Saturday flights on 8th Jan. Not sure if it will be possible for either a long 27th Dec to 8th Jan or a short 3rd - 8th Jan holiday.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ed123, most s/c accommodation options i was looking at for xmas week has been for sat 18th to sun 26th, that is what i have booked for Les Menuires anyway.

not sure if they will then revert to sat/sat changeover, presumably if they did they would make it one of the least busy weeks in jan, ie sun/sat then sat/sat.

in general most services in the alps (french anyway) are set up for sat/sat changeover, am sure it is the only day vehicles are allowed in resort in val thorens for example.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peak Retreats who we booked through have Sunday to Sunday self drive options in many places. I think they may have a few residences available for Tuesday to Tuesday too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We booked an apartment direct with an Immobilière and doing 18th to 25th.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We're booked through Gites de France for 18th to 26th Dec
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm going to my own apartment, but would have been doing Sun 19th to Sun 26th, then Sun-Sun for the following weeks. My usual changover day is normally a Sunday anway. No-one to do changeovers on Xmas Eve or Xmas Day, and similarly difficult for New Year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kind of related. For 22/23 can anyone advise how it will work please? Saturdays are the 24th and 1st. Will new year week be the week leading up to New Year? Or the week after.
I guess the quiet weeks will be the one starting January 8?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sbooker, 1st Jan 2023 is a Sunday, but I guess Sat-Sat Changeovers. I may do Fri-Fri for those, as my housekeeping would probably prefer not to be checking in guests until late on Christmas and NY eve.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells wrote:
@sbooker, 1st Jan 2023 is a Sunday, but I guess Sat-Sat Changeovers. I may do Fri-Fri for those, as my housekeeping would probably prefer not to be checking in guests until late on Christmas and NY eve.

So generally the week leading up to the 24th will be Christmas week (expensive) and the week leading up to the 31st New Year week (the most expensive of the season)? Then it get much cheaper the following week?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Linds wrote:
Crystal are doing Tuesday-Tuesday

Monday 20th to Monday 27th for us (Dolomites)
ski holidays
sbooker wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:

So generally the week leading up to the 24th will be Christmas week (expensive) and the week leading up to the 31st New Year week (the most expensive of the season)? Then it get much cheaper the following week?

Sounds about right to me.
snow report
sbooker wrote:

Not sure as I assume week of 24th-31st December would be the Xmas week as that would include European Xmas dinner on the 24th evening and also Xmas day.

Week of 31st Dec-7th Jan would count as new year week as that would include New Year’s Eve evening on the evening you would arrive in resort. Xmas week people would leave during the day on NYE obviously.

Therefore I guess that week starting Sat 7th Jan would be the first “cheap” week but could easily be proven wrong!
snow conditions
sbooker wrote:
Hells Bells wrote:

I reckon so. I think there will really only be one super peak week next year which will be the one from 24-31 December, give or take a day. The previous week might be busier as I see at least some schools are finishing on Friday 17th December. I don’t see the following week being that attractive as most people will be back at work on the Tuesday at latest and the kids will be back in school about then too.
ski holidays
@sbooker,
Weeks up to departure Sat 24/12/22 will be cheaper than Christmas week. (Sat 24/12/22 - Sat 31/12/22) & New Year's week (Sat (31/12/22 - 7/1/23). Weeks arriving Sat 7/1/24 onwards will be cheaper.
Companies that usually have Sunday transfers will be different - beware what looks like a bargin - it may be a short week, just as for companies that usually have Saturday transfers 2021/22 season.
The big factor in the price of weeks are school holidays!
snow report
We are going to Alpe d`Huez 25th Dec - 1st Jan. The dates are a bit inconvenient, but this is Sat - Sat.
snow conditions
19th to 26th December for us. Pila with crystal
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy