Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pricing 2nd hand skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’ve got 2 pairs of skis that I’m looking to sell (2018 Salomon XDR 84 TI 186 all mountains and Atomic Redster G9 183s), but I haven’t got a clue where to begin pricing them or how much postage would be.

Anyone got any pointers on how to price them fairly? And experience of how much carriage is?

TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Timmycb5, hmmm, start low. My perception is that skis have very low 2ndry value. I'm going to go to my local ski sales and my budget for full on race skis in good nick is between €50-100 ...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, ta
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check out Ebay 'completed listings'
e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Atomic+Redster+G9&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@albob, I did not know you could do that! Everyday is a school day.

Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timmycb5 wrote:

Anyone got any pointers on how to price them fairly? And experience of how much carriage is?
TIA

My general rule of thumb for selling second hand gear (of any sort) is to start at ~50% of rrp.

+/- 10% for condition, age (etc)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
50% of retail then deduct for age/obsolesence/use. Unless they are really new with limited mileage.

Remember brand new skis sell on clearance at nearly 50% off.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timmycb5, might be worth checking this Facebook group to see if there's anything similar to give you a gauge...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1069886183139959/?ref=share
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't think I would pay more than £100 for 2nd hand skis even if they are good condition.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
With so many "new" 2020 skis being sold by shops at 50%, I'd say a decent set is max 25% retail list.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Timmycb5, pm me, im kinda interested Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Timmycb5, I bought a brand new pair of XT800Ti back in July 2012 in an Auction on eBay.
I was the only bidder, and got them for £100 including delivery.

They served me well and owe me nothing.... I've spent more on shipping them about.
But I suppose July is a time when skis dont make much money.

Just auction them on eBay with a low starting price, but in December Smile
They will find their own value.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy