Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you could ski with anybody....who?

Poster: A snowHead
OK I'm bored and its still September (I guess it just became October for most of you), so we still have a ways to go. Thus my inquiry.

I imagine I'll have to split this into living and departed. So for the latter, my parents, who skied in their youth but never again, and never saw me ski. Thanks again!

For the former, it couldn't be easier for me: Bode, with an honorable mention for Darren Rahlves.

And you?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowheads of course.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Candide - the GOAT!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plake!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Horace.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
#doro Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Living skier: Hermann Maier

Departed skier: Sondre Norheim
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can’t ski

But if it was a sideways slide, which if we are all honest is much cooler anyway

Living would have to be j Jones

No longer with us - Craig Kelly
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@hang11, Jeremy or Jenny? I'd rather with Jenny, few beers after and a spot of dinner.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@James77, would depend on whether or not it was a pow day Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
Candide - the GOAT!

My mate who is a really decent skier tried chasing him down the mountain at La Clusaz the other year. Got left behind very quickly! Laughing

I'm picking Lara Gut Behrami Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
swskier wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
Candide - the GOAT!

My mate who is a really decent skier tried chasing him down the mountain at La Clusaz the other year. Got left behind very quickly! Laughing

I'm picking Lara Gut Behrami Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Purely for her skiing prowess, no doubt. Laughing

I'm going for Ester Ledecka so we can switch between skis and a board.

For those no longer here, I'm going for a mate of mine, Carl, who passed away too early (in his mid fifties) a few years back. Although we were both keen skiers, the stars never aligned and I never made it to the mountains with him.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Einstein - could have a great conversation over choccy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My father, who passed away a few years ago
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Y'know, Jenny J. does do camps and coaching.

No longer with us? Gotta be Jake Burton and Tom Sims... see who really was better Toofy Grin
snow report
I know it's a bit of a cliché and everyone has him at the top of their lists, but y'know, he was one of the most influential figures of the 20th Century so I have to say........ Nelson Mandela. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Nixmap's elusive guest/slaves in the hope I'd be invited back and could lay some pipe in his ensuite wink
snow conditions
Eddie the Eagle, nice bloke. And I believe he was quite a decent skier before he went slightly mad and decided to jump instead.
latest report
@hang11, Good point Toofy Grin

Living skier - Plake, as mentioned above.

Departed - Probably McConkey.
snow report
Julia Mancuso - I have fancied her for years. Sadly (for the sake of my fantasy) we are both happily married and she has given birth to a second child recently - but I think she'd be fun - in a few ways.

I never felt quite the same way about Vonny or Chemmy, mind you Lara Gut (Behrami) would be a creditable second - and she is a closet Hammer, due to her old man who graced the claret and blue
ski holidays
My parents as they were 30 years ago. They have stopped skiing now (March 2020 was the last trip at 82) I was hoping for one more year but it was not to be. So having a few runs when we were all fit and raring to go would be fantastic.
As to fantasy, Eddie the Eagle is a good shout, along with Deb Armstrong. I have even looked at how much it would cost in round figures to ski at Steam Boat Springs. I'm not sure I could even afford the lift pass)
ski holidays
I had a ski lesson booked with Eddie the Eagle for my 40th, at an indoor slope….sadly, his plans changed and he buggered off to the US Laughing . So he’s off my list.

Herman Maier would be my choice.

James Hunt for the departed option - evidently he learnt to ski in Scotland. I guess the Apres would have been fun Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@pieman666, a friend of my wife’s family has 5 bed condo in steamboat and I’ve been haranguing her for years to get a week or two for us there!
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
@pieman666, a friend of my wife’s family has 5 bed condo in steamboat and I’ve been haranguing her for years to get a week or two for us there!

Buy an Ikon pass - take the kids out of school for a week as an add on to Xmas then do a skifari around Colorado/Utah
ski holidays
James Bond....but which one!?
Daniel Craig, intrigued to see if he can ski like he has done in his past Bond outings.... so he could be honoured with my presence if he was available.. Very Happy
snow report
ster wrote:
Eddie the Eagle, nice bloke. And I believe he was quite a decent skier before he went slightly mad and decided to jump instead.

This opportunity might resurface - https://www.loveski.com/eddie-the-eagle/
snow report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

Buy an Ikon pass - take the kids out of school for a week as an add on to Xmas then do a skifari around Colorado/Utah

I'm going to resume nagging when she gets home from work. I mean, they don't even let it out. It's just sat there.
snow report
Simon94 wrote:
Daniel Craig, intrigued to see if he can ski like he has done in his past Bond outings.... so he could be honoured with my presence if he was available.. Very Happy

Craig hasn't skied and I seem to recall that they said he couldn't which was why the Soelden plot didn't include it at all. Moore obviously could as a resident of Gstaad.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timmycb5 wrote:

@Timmycb5, If you do manage it I am available for adoption.

@Dave of the Marmottes, The Ikon pass is a good shout , this season I am sorted but definitely a bucket list soft of trip.
snow conditions
Moore obviously could as a resident of Gstaad.

And for many years in Crans-Montana so spoilt for choice.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 1-10-21 12:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Bones wrote:

I have skied with his mum.
snow conditions
Living = My Dad, he never skied and suspect at 83 he aint gonna give it a go now.
Departed = Rabbie
snow report
Grinning wrote:
ster wrote:

This opportunity might resurface - https://www.loveski.com/eddie-the-eagle/

I remember them running these but we don’t really use TOs and I believe that Skiweekends, after going bust and leaving all their customer refunds on their insurers, were one of the phoenixed operations bought back by the same owners, so a bit on the shady side.
snow conditions
PeakyB Jnr and Émile Allais.
snow report
Bones wrote:
@hang11, Good point Toofy Grin

Living skier - Plake, as mentioned above.

Think our very own @idris used to ski regularly with Glen Plake and his wife when they lived in Chamonix.

McConkey is a great call!
snow conditions
Jean-Claude Kelly - because he's Irish - at least telling the French that, seems to wind them up. Toofy Grin

My late Father.....who wasn't a good skier but he was great company. He seemed to use the same technique that he was taught in Kitzbuhel in the late 1940s - When wooden skis were sized to go up to the wrist, when your arm was lifted above your head. He was 6' 2".

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 1-10-21 13:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Wow, I hit an artery!
latest report
Alive:- Keith Richards

Dead:- David Niven (which also answers the 'which James Bond?' question)

I reckon the apres drinking & story telling would be fantastic with that pair! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Simon94 wrote:

Well if its the Bond who went snowboarding on the ski of a snowmobile, then you're agreeing with me because that was Tom Sims doing the stuntwork. snowHead
snow report
I was going to say Bond, just to deploy the Union Flag parachute Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy