Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosière vs. Grand Massif Samoëns Morillon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide between La Rosière and Grand Massif Samoëns Morillon in March. They'll both be Club Med, as I'm going with family. I haven't been to any of them, and the La Rosière one is brand new, so it's hard to say.

Ski-wise, in March, which is better (for both beginners and advanced)? I guess the Italian side in La Rosière has better slopes, but the overall Grand Massif area is more accessible? Not really sure. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the skiing would be very good in either area in March. I slightly prefer the Grand Massif as it is more varied and has a lot of tree lined skiing, but both ski areas are excellent overall. If you have any beginners or less confident skiiers in the group I would go for La Rosiere. Either resort would be good for the advanced skiers. Mountain restaurants better in the Grand Massif but you won't be needing them if you have the club med package!

I would say the Club Med in La Rosiere is better positioned as it is just above the resort whereas the one in Samoens is a gondola ride from the town.

If you are looking for an agent for Club Med I recommend Destination Ski. We have used them for Club Med summer holidays these past few years when things have not been straightforward due to Covid and had excellent customer service.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowymum wrote:

I would say the Club Med in La Rosiere is better positioned as it is just above the resort whereas the one in Samoens is a gondola ride from the town.

+1 for this. Not knowing the Rosiere setup, it's the only downside for the GM that I can think of.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oops, finger trouble.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 7-10-21 23:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

the one in Samoens is a gondola ride from the town.

However, that means its right on the slopes!

Been to the CM in Samoens and I wouldn't go back there. Its is stunning and the public spaces are great BUT the design of the building is really weird. If you end up in a room in the wrong end of the site, then you can need to take THREE lifts to get to the restaurant. It was bad enough with just the two of us, with a family you could end up with serious lift rage Sad

If it's a straight choice - I'd try La Rosière. I'll be going back to the one in Peissey-Vallandry - which I do recommend. Booked via If You Ski for a 5% discount Smile

PM me if want more info

Skitrack
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skitrack, The La Rosiere club med is also right on the slopes. I skied past it on the Papillon piste when it was under construction.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@snowymum Yup - So there is nothing to choose between them from that point of view
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks so much for these observations. I'll write if I have more specific questions, and will anyway let you know how it went Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La ros is great 4 beginners, however for intermediates u really need to take the dreaded drag lift to Italy. Have stayed in Flaine and remember the skiing was more varied as it was a bowl around the resort. Have stayed in clubmed at valthorens and was gr8, if you have a beginner group la ros should be good. If you are a mixed group then staying in la ros may mean you are not together all day as the intermediates will need to spend the day in Italy, however la ros is higher than samoens, and has a gr8 snow record. I would go to la ros….
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy