Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended companies for skiing with kids?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've used the http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com company for the past two years and have been very happy with them.

Just thinking of booking next year, Easter time, so wondered if anyone else had any other suggested companies we should look at?

Requirements are fairly specific!

no package holiday, ie sort out own flights, ski in/out (or 5 mins walk max), ensuite, good mix of kiddie runs and decent long reds/blacks and off piste, kiddie care in chalet

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We used Ski Famille in Les Gets a couple of times when our kids were younger were very happy with chalet and child care was excellent http://www.skifamille.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Esprit gets good reviews on here and from friends of mine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gregh, we used SKi Esprit this year and it's my intention to book again with them for next, had an excellent time and child care was great (so good that it'll just be me and my daughter next year as the wife doesn't ski).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gregh, Admittedly some years ago now but we had a couple of great holidays with Familyski company in Ardent, part of the PdeS. Their level of child care was fantastic, with nannies coming up the mountain to collect kids, and an emphasis on snow play as much as skiing. Since then the have added Paradiski to their portfolio. They were much better value than Esprit too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Esprit, Esprit and Esprit.

Been to Montchavin (La Plagne), Courchevel and Obergurgl with them. Very good.

Tip - book now! We arrived back from Obergurgl on 9th April. I phoned them on Saturday to book Obergurgl again for a years time and discovered no rooms left in the hotel for either Easter week and we got the last two rooms in the chalet there for the w/c 8th April.

It was with Esprit by the way.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski Peak were good in Vaujany too by the way x2 but not as good as Family Ski. I'm afraid our Espirit experiences x3 have not been as good, with a noticable drop in service after the sad death of its originator some years ago. Things may well be better now as evidenced by the other comments.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After sorting our own flights + using companies that do private transfers I'm not sure I could go back to an Esprit like package holiday, with getting you to the airport 6 hours before a flight and coach transfers etc etc!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gregh, you should talk to Dave and Sam at Gravite. They run chalet hols in La Clusaz and are super hosts for a family - the resort should tick all your boxes too; short transfer from Geneva, good mix of mountain and a proper French town too.

see various other threads on here or PM me if you prefer.

Cheers, Dave
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gregh wrote:
We've used the http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com company for the past two years and have been very happy with them.../...
Tony and Julie are great people, and I would recommend them to anyone. A small enough company for them to remain hands-on - I know how much effort they put into making holidays work for their guests.

They also have a young star in the making, the current alpine British Children II overall champion, daughter Abigail!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[b]gregh[/try www.snowbizz.co.uk ,plenty of other snowheads would recommend them too!!I HATE PACKAGES TOO but this company have really got family skiing sorted. look at the website,ring them up and speak to the staff in the uk office,.
they are very knowledgeable and know both the resort and the company intimately.
PSV is an interesting resort with something for every one and lots of varied terrain whatever your families ability
The most important thing is you never have to walk more than 150m to anything,we all know what a misery walking anywhere with kids and ski boots can be !!!
I would be interested to know how this company may compare with the companies you have used before??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy