Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bye bye SCUKERS

Poster: A snowHead
In the last few days day, it looks like Snowboard Club UK has finally bitten the dust/icy-piste.

Their site now redirects to a page that says,
Quote:
Welcome to the new website for Action Sports Club. Members can log in to access their club discounts and other benefits.

We'll be working on the site over the coming weeks, so it might look a little unfinished for a while.
It certainly does look unfinished as that's all there is Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shame, I used to be quite the proponent of SCUK, but it went off at a tangent, focussing on discounts over discourse. Duncan worked really hard on it, and they did a lot of really good work getting freestyle nights organised at the snowdomes too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I reckon the world went off in a different direction. I thought he was a decent bloke, as you say working hard.

I think the attempt to broaden the market was a reasonable idea, but unless you're making money from
every subscriber then you risk just adding to your costs.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah - I remember the heady days of the UK snowboard mailing list and then Adrenalin Trip pre SCUK days. Rode with some good folks back then.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahh the good old days of Adrenalin Trip, anyone else here make it to the meets in the Green Man pub off Oxford Street?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LittleJames, me and ??? in the Green Man circa 2004.

Adrenalin Trip trip to Hintertux Nov 2004.

Forgot about this, Pidgesdoo charity event circa 2003.

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was a member of SCUK back in early 2000s, met all the guys that I did my season with through the site, went to the afterparty of the Red Bull rail jam in Trafalgar square thanks to tickets from Dunc, and had many a great time at the freestyle nights they helped to organise.
Pigtails and grenade gloves will stick with me forever.
RIP SCUK
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RIP SCUK. I think once facebook group took off, the SCUK forum declined a bit. Shame as I had a great time on the Winter Bash Holidays
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Used to spend hours reading and posting when I should've been working, great source of information when I was getting into it in my early 20s, the decline seemed to happen quite fast? Always meant to go on a bash but never got around to it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.skiclub.co.uk

Link working now. Hacked or something at that time perhaps?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@robboj, err thats the ski club of Great Britain website - this is about the Snowboard Club UK (SCUK) which was most definitely not SCGB.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@robboj, err thats the ski club of Great Britain website - this is about the Snowboard Club UK (SCUK) which was most definitely not SCGB.

DUH! Apologies.

No I can imagine most certainly not! Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think I went on four maybe five Adrenaline Trip bashes.

Hintertux one in 2004 was really good, met some weird folks on the Slovakia trip and had a great time in Courchevel.

Didn't dare go on the Dirtbike Reject ones though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks as though the Action Sports variation is not going too well and will close in about 6 months: https://actionsports.club/.

Interesting that "Facebook killed the forum years ago". I wonder if that is indicative of a different demographic between Snowheads (perhaps also SCGB), and SCUK?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Possibly... It does maybe say more about how people stayed in contact with each other.
latest report
JimboS wrote:
LittleJames, me and ??? in the Green Man circa 2004.

I'm Sure Jay will love that old photo Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy