Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GVA to St Gervais transfer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for a transfer company from GVA to St Gervais in January 22?

Tried Alpybus before and won't do it again.

TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpybus shared transfer has worked fine with us - and we are hoping they are operating Jan 22 since we have some credit with them following cancellation of trips booked in March 2020. Leaves Geneva airport on a variable timetable (depends on day of the week, more around weekend) and drops off at the gondola station.

But mostly we have used BlaBlaBus, successor to OuiBus. However prompted by your post I tried to google them and no timetable is currently posted, and I found something giving yet another new name in FlixBus. That is certainly an issue for us since we have some 2022 flights booked, on the basis we could use the transfers we were familiar with. I just hope the current hiatus is simply due to Covid and the paucity of Geneva flights and passengers wanting the route; and in 2019 they didn't post the winter timetable until closer to Christmas. OuiBus etc were a service to Chamonix which dropped off at Sallanches at times to connect with local buses to St Gervais, Les Contamines, Combloux, Megeve and Praz-sur-Arly.

The other inexpensive option is using the train, which is relatively slow but cheap and probably reliable. However it only goes to Le Fayet (down in the valley) so you need to get there in time for a local bus up - in the past the last one was about 7.30 in the evening.

Otherwise you will need to rely on private transfers which we have only ever done with Alpybus (worked fine) but I know there are some other companies, or rent a car. The tourist information office in St Gervais may have a list of private transfer companies.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used Mountain Drop-offs to le Fayet station quite a few times. Always been reliable. Then you can get a local Sat Bus if the timing is right or a taxi up the hill to St. Gervais itself. Had a quick look for you...flexi- saver 50 euros per person per journey, super-saver 40 euros.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want a private transfer, I've used Resort Rides a couple of times and they were very good.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies all have been useful.

I have been in touch with Resort Rides and booked a return private taxi for much less than the cost, and hassle, of a hire car.

I will report back on how it goes.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy