Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back on saturday we had a fantastic week with mostly great weather and snow conditions you were all right with your advice it is a lovely area with great skiing, we were supposed to meet fellow snowheads at bauers skialm on monday at 4.00pm but we couldn't see any stickers anywhere and it was packed, but luckily we met Riskier and his wife Barbara from rhode island, he was right with his descriptions in his earlier posts as his wife Barbara really was a lot of fun but he was as he said rather tedious! Only kidding Brad Laughing We had a great time with them we skied with them for our last few days and met up for apres ski every afternoon they were a pleasure to be with and we will definitely be keeping in touch with them.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Andy,

I suspect the other Snowheads got a look at me and decided to make a run for it. We were at Bauer's Ski Alm on Monday at 4:00 but couldn't find any snowhead stickers. So many folks packed in there made it difficult to make one's way through the crowd to search. Sorry we didn't meet more Snowheads but Barb and I were very happy we were able to hook up with you and Linda. I know we would have had a great time on our own, but meeting and skiing with you and Linda really made the trip special! Saalbach is a really fantastic area for intermediate skiers. My one complaint with respect to the skiing was that I thought some of the blues were uncomfortably crowded. We're pretty tired today. We were picked up at the Hotel at about 5:10 and then transferred to a large van. We didn't get to the Munich airport till about 12:00. The hotel had promised us coffee and breakfest plus a wake up call. Fortunately we woke up on time; not a sole at the Hotel. In retrospect I was glad there was no coffee cause the van didn't make a single stop. I know a lot of it was weather related, but... We arrived home about 23 hours after leaving the hotel. Can't imagine why we're slugs today. Lets see if we can get some pictures posted from a bunch of Snowheads.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Brad,

I'm really glad you got back home safely i knew it would be a long day for you. We had our flight delayed by about three and a half hours so we got home 12 hours after leaving the hotel but we all got home safely that's what counts. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
andyarmitage, Adam and myself were there but we couldn't see anyone meeting your descriptions. Sharon couldn't make it in the end.

RISkier, we were looking for your hat but couldn't quite remember the logo/phrase! I had a good walk around and hoped someone would recognise my jacket or that I was looking for people as I forgot my stickers!

Glad everyone had a good time anyway!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi guys, yes it was a real shame that more of us didn’t meet up in the end. Nic and I were sitting at the main outdoor bar where the extremely smiley blonde lady was serving! We were there from about 3 – 5 ish and did a lot of looking about. I can second the fact that Hayley made quite a few circuits looking for other snowheads but alas to no avail.

We had a great week’s fun over there – ended up doing more après than I would normally do but there was the rugby to blame for getting the week off to a ‘bad’ start that way …. It was clearly an even worse start for Hayley though!

I thought the ski area was fantastic, and the general feel of the town and its set-up was just perfect. I’m already looking forward to going back there next year, this time taking my wife and baby.

PS: did anyone else notice the huge temperature drop on Monday while we were all at Bauers!? That was unbelievable!

Cheers
Adam
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Adamski, We made a couple of laps around the main outdoor bar but lots of people without knowing just who or what one was looking for made it difficult. I recall the same thing happening one time at Stowe; a bunch of folks planned to meet at a bar, we didn't know each other and got lost in the mass of humanity. I'm sorry we didn't find you and Hayley. Next time we're all in Saalbach we'll plan better. We did a bit too much Apres as well but the bier and gluhwein are so good. The ski area is amazing. We've never skied anywhere with such extensvie terrain. The thought of the 600+ km in the Three Valleys is mind blowing. My take on the terrain at Saalbach is that it's a really great intermediate area. I thought some blues would be pretty challenging for novice skier but a decent intermediate skier could go almost anywhere. I did get very cold on Monday at Bauers, simply chaulked it up to standing around outside after skiing but when you mention it, the weather pattern was cooler after that point. After reading some other posts about weather related travel problems in that part of the world I probably shouldn't be complaining too loudly about our transfer into Munich. We made it to our plane on time, which I expect lots of folks didn't. All in all, a terrific week skiing with Andy, Linda, and David. David, if you happen to read this we'd be happy to ski with you anytime and anyplace, hope your wife has a complete and speedy recovery. I plan to post a few pics once I get them sorted out a bit. Cheers!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi all, sorry we didn't make it to join up, but we had problems with hire equipment and the others in our group wanted to get it sorted before the next days skiing. We popped over to Saalbach later in the week to see the resort; the rest of our group skied over most days trying to cover every red run they could, but still left some for next time! They all loved both resort,s the standard of food, the prices, the lift system, the variety, and scope of runs, everything was as you would want it, and our hotel was perfection, with food to die for. The kids (aged 25/28 ) thought the aprè was actually better in Hinterglemm, which is contrary to most brochures, so that was a bonus. My only regret is that I am not a confident enough skier to appreciate most of what was available - the blue’s felt a little on the red side for me! If I can get to grips with myself, I would like to do the whole trip again.

As we had gone DIY our little mini bus picked us up bang on time, and did a shortcut to Salzburg airport avoiding all the traffic jams. Budget airline ‘SkyEurope’ was better than any charter flight we had used in the past (half empty) and whole trip took 5 ½ hours door to door, so having read your reports, I realise how lucky we were. The snow really did come down as were leaving so not surprised there were delays. Glad to hear you all go home safely.
hayley t, Can you suggest anywhere equal to this place with perhaps easier blues/reds but still in Austria (as we don't think they can be beaten on price or beauty)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sharon1953, hi there. You should have a look at the Ski Welt. We've stayed in Soll and the area around middle station has short blue runs which are excellent for confidence building. You can actually see all the runs from mid-station so there are no suprises. There are also some longer straightforward blues over towards Brixen, Ellmau and Scheffau. The best village for nightlife is Soll though. If you stay in the centre you will have a short walk to the lift each morning though. I would say that the hotels are good but not as good as Saal/Hint.

Another place is Mayrhofen which does have hotels to rival S/H and v.good skiing along the valley which I think you already experienced? Mayrhofen has a beginners area which is quiet called the Ahorn. There are lots of villages along the Ziller valley which you might want to look at.

We've been looking at St Anton which isn't the place for smooth runs but I've heard Lech is very well groomed - could be heavy on the pocket though but as you are happy going DIY I'm sure there are cheaper options. Could be worth starting a thread for some advice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy