Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PdS Transfers 2021-2022 Pricing

Poster: A snowHead
I am going back to UK for a few days / long weekend in Jan, which apart from when prevented by covid I do most years.
I have a whole bunch o ways to get to the airport: Drive myself ( but pay 60 Chf parking), bribe one of my children to drive me, Mrs WoC (if not working), train, bus, taxi, bla bla car etc.. plus the wide range of transfer providers.

In previous years I have done some all or any of these.
I sent out for a quote to some of the main transfer players this year for a seat on a shared transfer.

Here's what I got back:
Mountain Drop Offs €510
Powder Cabs €430
Alps2Alps €415-354 depending on pay now or later
Mountain Lifts €400
Morzine Shuttle €360 - (not a quote, but price from website)
Skiidy. €120
Getaway Vans €93
Morzine Link €84 - (not a quote, but price from website)
Ski Lifts €80
AlpyBus €68
Cham Express €62
EasyBus - did not offer route

Bear in mind that I can get a bus to Thonon for 6 EUR each way and the Leman Express for 13 EUR (14 CHF), so €40 on Public transport.

You see COVID writ large across some websites as the reason for the price hike, and Skiidy say there service is not the same as Alpy Bus or Cham Express but paying an extra 50 quid for the privilege of having a driver with a sombrero seems extravagant to me.

Seriously though, unless you get to spend your 1 and a half hours in the company of Miss Ukraine and get some of the Powder that the name implies who pays €430 for a single place on a MORZ-GVA transfer?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 8-10-21 12:57; edited 4 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Taxi Morzine is about €190 each way for a VW caravelle, which between 6 of us, is great. I think they have smaller vehicles too, which I guess will be cheaper.

I wouldn't use anyone else if I was going to the PdS.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks as if AlpyBus/ChamExpress (aren't they sister companies selling the same minibus trip?) are the pricing you would expect for shared transfer, some of the others may be for private.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@j b, Indeed - The messaging coming through seems to be:
Because of COVID we can't run shared services (others can though ?)
But we will happily relieve your wallet of big $$$, please click the link to proceed to payment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Odd that there's a price difference between Ski Lifts and Getaway Vans...given I've used Ski Lifts many times and all bar 1 time it's been in a Getaway Vans branded van.

Personally I don't have an issue with some companies not doing shared transfers due to Covid. It's up to each company to make their own risk assessment, both to passengers and staff and run their business accordingly. Some companies have clearly decided "It'll be fine" for shared transfers so are still running them and keeping prices broadly in line with 2019. Others have decided it's a risk they're not willing to take so are only doing private. We passengers can then do the same thing - if you think the risk of a shared transfer isn't worth the cost of a private one you can use one of the shared operators, but if you think it isn't you can let your money do the talking and go with an operator only doing private ones.

Though I'm really not sure what the >€350 transfers are offering to justify their prices! Does even a Swiss taxi cost €510?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mjit wrote:
Odd that there's a price difference between Ski Lifts and Getaway Vans...given I've used Ski Lifts many times and all bar 1 time it's been in a Getaway Vans branded van.

Though I'm really not sure what the >€350 transfers are offering to justify their prices! Does even a Swiss taxi cost €510?

Even Uber is only €132 each way.

Also I don't have an issue - I was just surprised at the variance in offerings especially as they are basically all selling the same thing.

People are free to charge what they like, and ultimately it's down to us punters to pay our money and take our choice.

I think I'll probably just get a lift to Thonon and pay 14 Chuffs for the train, even though its an hour and a half all done and a good airport run is an hour and 15, it only takes some bad traffic in Douvaine, Geneva or Bardonnex to see that hour and 15 go well over 2 hours.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With apologies for the hijack @Timmycb5, is this https://taxi-morzine.com/ the taxi Morzine you recommend so highly? It sounds like just the thing for my group weekend.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skimum1 wrote:
With apologies for the hijack @Timmycb5, is this https://taxi-morzine.com/ the taxi Morzine you recommend so highly? It sounds like just the thing for my group weekend.

Yup. Exactly so. Jo and Yannick.

Jo is originally from Yorkshire too so zero probs on the communications front. We’ve been using them for the best part of a decade and they’re really good.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lancashire! Not Yorkshire. Don’t tell Jo I said that, she’ll kill me next time she picking me up from Geneva Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Timmycb5, Thanks, they sound brilliant! And your secret is safe with me! Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've used Mountain Lifts based out of Samoens quite a few times to take me from Geneva to both Samoens and Avoriaz

I'd recommend them. http://www.mountainlifts.com
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stuartknight1, Mountain Lifts are not running shared transfers this coming season, but private is €400.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At the €400/€500 level I can't help wondering how much a helicopter transfer is from Geneva. Sure it's going to be more expensive but then if you're the sort of person who will drop €500 for a road transfer you could do for €190 private/€80 shared then I'm assuming money not a significant issue for you!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When I was a driver, I once picked up a family from the Private Jet terminal at GVA and took them to a "VIP" chalet.
Just making small talk and the like, I joked about a helicopter transfer, and they said that the helicopter couldn't land very close to the Chalet (which is true as there were trees, roads, other Chalets, a big slope etc... ) and with a VIP Private transfer they would go right to the door. So @Mjit, it certainly had crossed their minds Smile

The difference between a VIP transfer and a normal one, was that the driver wore a tie, and carried all the bags rather than just picking up the 2 that looked impressively large but were hopefully relatively light.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helicopter transfers cost about 350EUR per person or 2,000EUR for a helicopter. I think they only fly during daylight though, so it does mean you loose a days skiing both sides of your holiday, if you're used to flying in at night.
latest report
+1 for Taxi Morzine!

We've used them for a private transfer Geneva Airport to Avoriaz for the last 5 years and would highly recommend them.
snow report
giddyman wrote:
+1 for Taxi Morzine!

We've used them for a private transfer Geneva Airport to Avoriaz for the last 5 years and would highly recommend them.

They’re very busy this year - I think it’s just Jo and Yannick driving so lower capacity - but agree with your assessment, our first choice for transfers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy