Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Daughter aged 15 got her 2nd vaccination today. The sticker issued by the vaccination centre has a QR code. I am wondering if this will suffice for the pass sanitaire?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ve been following this thread in the hope that somebody will tell me where I could and how I could go at Christmas with a recovered and single jabbed teenager.

I even subscribed to the email alert.

I’m not going through all these tests upon tests and with the possibility of having to quarantine in a foreign country.

I’ve now unsubscribed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lynsbrew wrote:
Daughter aged 15 got her 2nd vaccination today. The sticker issued by the vaccination centre has a QR code. I am wondering if this will suffice for the pass sanitaire?

Could I pls ask how you managed to get her an appointment? Waiting to get our 12yr old his second as well
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lynsbrew wrote:

I wouldn't have thought so, the QR required contains name and DOB etc, the QR from the vaccination centre probably only contains batch info etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gad, if the recovery is in the last 180 days and we come out of lockdown next week Austria will be ok with no further testing apart from the one to fly back.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rookiescot wrote:
Lynsbrew wrote:

Could I pls ask how you managed to get her an appointment? Waiting to get our 12yr old his second as well

+1. Don't think they are doing any second jabs for teens round here, so even if 12 weeks was coming up we couldn't get it. Daughters school is doing 1st jabs this week, so she reckons she is going to try and get another one by telling them she hasn't already had it.

Although hubby tested positive this morning, so her other plan is to give him lots of hugs!! Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am contemplating trying to get my teenager (single-jabbed in UK) a second vaccination in France in a walk-in centre (e.g. in Paris on our drive down). I know that there is a period (7 days I think) before it entitles you to a pass but might be useful for the future. Anyone have any info or thoughts on that? (He has Italian + UK passports and, although normally UK resident, we have a property in France so have evidence of a French residential address.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Susang73 wrote:
Rookiescot wrote:
Lynsbrew wrote:

+1. Don't think they are doing any second jabs for teens round here, so even if 12 weeks was coming up we couldn't get it. Daughters school is doing 1st jabs this week, so she reckons she is going to try and get another one by telling them she hasn't already had it.

Although hubby tested positive this morning, so her other plan is to give him lots of hugs!! Laughing

If they're due a jab, e.g. 12 weeks after the first, just go to a walk-in centre rather than trying to book an appointment. The largest one near us (30 min drive) is both a walk in centre and one you can book at. Can't get appointments for U16s for weeks, but I know lots of people who have turned up 20/30mins before closing in the evening and they've all got a jab no problem.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@7ncj, all the times I have heard about drop in vaccination clinics / buses etc, they have always been very clear that they were either plus 16 or plus 18’s only. I can’t recall exactly which but with a 15yr old and a 12 year old it made no odds to me.

My 15 yr old daughter noticed my booking confirmation message from NHS and asked me what it was about. I had to admit to her it was for my booster. “So you are getting a 3rd dose and I am still not allowed my second?” Absolutely sickening as a mother to be so selfish…. If only I was allowed to let her have mine I would do so in a heart beat.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, my son has turned 16 and currently only has 1 jab and we are due to fly to France (Avoriaz) on the 21/12/21

He has the NHS app on his phone with proof of a single jab and recovery from Covid. Does anyone know if he still needs to do the daily testing?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ,
Am with you on that, I have 3 jabs, 14year old daughter had one. I think her 18yr old brother will get a third before she gets a second.

She is claiming it is age discrimination and is not impressed. She also feels really guilty about being the one causing all the issues, and keeps saying she will stay home if it is easier. She shouldn't have to be feeling that way about a family holiday. She has enough stress with school back on part time home learning and exams etc, without this causing more Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ,

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

I've just checked and 5 out of the 7 nearest vaccine centres to us are offering walk in vaccines for 12 and overs.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
“So you are getting a 3rd dose and I am still not allowed my second?” Absolutely sickening as a mother to be so selfish…. If only I was allowed to let her have mine I would do so in a heart beat.”

Whilst I commiserate re skiing trips the v expensive vaccination programme is based on clinical risk. Your booster is clinically proven to reduce severe disease (and further costs to the nation) more than a child’s second jab.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@7ncj, reading that you need to have a letter from GP to get second dose proving they eligible due to being vulnerable. My youngest does qualify according National Autistic Society but my GP surgery didn’t!!! However 15 yr doesn’t
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
MHskier wrote:
“So you are getting a 3rd dose and I am still not allowed my second?” Absolutely sickening as a mother to be so selfish…. If only I was allowed to let her have mine I would do so in a heart beat.”

Whilst I commiserate re skiing trips the v expensive vaccination programme is based on clinical risk. Your booster is clinically proven to reduce severe disease (and further costs to the nation) more than a child’s second jab.

In my personal circumstances and my daughters the impact of risk to her is much much higher. She has far more contacts for a start, however even more is the impact to her mental health and future prospects of being ill, the data fully shows that second dose will reduce that risk at a critical time her life as she sits her mocks and approaches her GCSE exams if they are allowed to go ahead. Further they are being constantly assessed throughout this year, so that these assessments can be used their exams are stopped again.

We can take he skiing no problem… I just have to throw money at the that by testing daily. Sadly I can’t provide her with additional protection for the illness
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
@7ncj, reading that you need to have a letter from GP to get second dose proving they eligible due to being vulnerable. My youngest does qualify according National Autistic Society but my GP surgery didn’t!!! However 15 yr doesn’t

Gov.uk inc. the booking system hasn't been updated yet with the latest jvci advice. The biggest vaccine centre near us is absolutely giving 1st and 2nd vaccines to u 16s, toward the end of the day. I'm presuming it's partly because the Pfizer vaccines have a limited shelf life and it's better to get it into anyone who's eligible rather than let them go to waste. Worth a try if it's not too far?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57888429
snow conditions
But the vaccination programme is not about stopping young teenagers who are v unlikely to get seriously unwell from contracting covid (plenty of fully vaccinated getting covid and likely to rise with omnicron).

It’s to stop people getting hospitalised. Hence the prioritisation of older peoples booster first.
snow conditions
Some walk ins are offering 2nd jab for 12-15 years old as long as 8 weeks apart.
ski holidays
@7ncj, excellent thanks. Good to know, will try that
snow report
Just a thought
If you were French and needed to get to the UK you would buy a cheap 'self administered but more importantly Lab certified' rapid test kit for about €20 from an onlne test centre - Do the test before you flew, photo the negative test result, email it to them and get back an official test result that allowed you to fly. This would all be in french and it would be all above board according to French regulations. Would a french family with an unvaccintaed (for whatever reason) teenager buy these and use them i resort to get the Pass Sanitaire for them?? Can't see a 'local' being to impressed with queing every day for a €75 test in VT ??
If so could we have a pack of 6 delived to our hotel/chalet and use them instead of the pharmacy ones? A French company must be able to generate the correct QR code ??
If the are good enough to use to fly surely they are good enough for the Pass?
snow conditions
Lynsbrew wrote:
Some walk ins are offering 2nd jab for 12-15 years old as long as 8 weeks apart.

Is that in England?
In Scotland, the first jabs for non Risk 12-15 year old was on 20th September, 12 weeks takes us to 13th December.
ski holidays
Chris_n wrote:
@gad, if the recovery is in the last 180 days and we come out of lockdown next week Austria will be ok with no further testing apart from the one to fly back.

You’ve got to have a dream coz if you don’t have a dream then how you gunna have a dream come true ?

©Capp’n sensible
snow report
Bradiohead wrote:
Hi, my son has turned 16 and currently only has 1 jab and we are due to fly to France (Avoriaz) on the 21/12/21

He has the NHS app on his phone with proof of a single jab and recovery from Covid. Does anyone know if he still needs to do the daily testing?

Sounds like he should be fine. Suggest that you download TousAntiCovid (not the “verif” one) and upload his QR codes to see what happens.
ski holidays
Timmycb5 wrote:
Bradiohead wrote:

Sounds like he should be fine. Suggest that you download TousAntiCovid (not the “verif” one) and upload his QR codes to see what happens.

Thanks @Timmycb5 we downloaded the TousAntiCovid app, i got the confetti explosion when i uploaded my jabs and recovery certificate but we didn't get that when uploading my sons single dose and recovery one. 9 tests for the 3 of us seems overkill, i'd have to have my kids test every day as well.
snow report
@Bradiohead, maybe try download TAC verif on another phone and see what happens when you scan your son's QRs?

I don't think you are technically supposed to have TAC verif on your phone, so probably worth deleting it when you've tested it all.
snow conditions
Quote:

Lynsbrew wrote:

Is that in England?
In Scotland, the first jabs for non Risk 12-15 year old was on 20th September, 12 weeks takes us to 13th December.

Yes. In England although I think the NHS website says 12 weeks.
snow report
@Rednat5, La Plagne say 22 Euros for antigen

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/Charte-engagement?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SAP_21_12_EN_CA_COM_OUVERTURE_J-7?
latest report
You can book your test slots for Tignes here: https://covid-tignes.fr/

Slots are going fast.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A test center will open in Plagne Center very soon. We will give you all the details as soon as possible....from the la plagne website
snow conditions
Has anyone had any luck with the QR code for covid recovery for a 12 year old!! My Christmas Ski holiday is rapidly looking very unlikely!!
ski holidays
rachelharrisonsmith wrote:
You can book your test slots for Tignes here: https://covid-tignes.fr/

Slots are going fast.

So already for a boxing day trip, there are no slots after 3pm, so can't get one on arrival (would arrive later than that). No slots Monday 27 until after lunch. So first day of skiing screwed. All of that week no slots after lift close. And you'd have to plan your skiing everyday to make sure you are in Le Lac for the time of your appointment, unless you happen to be staying in Le La (fine for a one test for return home, not practical for daily testing).

It just confirms what I have thought - that the resorts are simply not in the slightest geared up to handling the practicalities of the volume of tests needed, and I have to say Tignes are more advanced than most in having this online booking service. Most other resorts just have a useless information page with a couple of local pharmacy numbers to telephone.

No way am I risking booking anything at this stage to drop 000's on travel, accommodation and passes unless resorts are better set up. Every (or most) main croisette/centre point in main resorts needs a pop up walk-in antigen test centre, that you can swing by without an appointment and use as you happen to be passing, or it's not going to be viable for daily testing.
ski holidays
I know the majority of poster are based in England & I am not sure how the English system works but in Scotland they are now offering the 12-15 year old's the second jab & the 12 week window opens up on 13th December (Initial jabs were offered from 20th Sep). I am also hearing (unofficially) that some mass walk in centers are allowing it after 8 weeks due to spare capacity.
So worth a few phone calls or even a trip to chance your arm before cancelling or signing up to multiple expensive daily tests.
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:
I know the majority of poster are based in England & I am not sure how the English system works but in Scotland they are now offering the 12-15 year old's the second jab & the 12 week window opens up on 13th December (Initial jabs were offered from 20th Sep). I am also hearing (unofficially) that some mass walk in centers are allowing it after 8 weeks due to spare capacity.
So worth a few phone calls or even a trip to chance your arm before cancelling or signing up to multiple expensive daily tests.

That age group will be offered it in England soon too. The problem here is, we can't get access to the data to prove it.
snow report
Front page of the i newspaper today- qr codes for 12-15s
snow conditions
@Gazzza, This is the main reason why we binned our trip next week. Les Menuires gave no confidence that they would get a system in place which could be guaranteed to fulfil the demand. Emailed their Tourist Office who just gave me the number of the medical centre who had no plan in place.
snow conditions
Perhaps this thread title should be changed to “Not taking teenagers skiing this winter?”?
ski holidays
Pierresel wrote:

HALLELUJAH!!

https://inews.co.uk/news/nhs-covid-letter-travel-vaccinated-12-15-christmas-holidays-1335800
snow report
@Jonny996, This is what the guidelines say:
"...a second dose of vaccine should be offered after an interval of 12 weeks. This interval reflects the strong evidence of high levels of protection against severe disease from the first dose, although could be shortened to eight weeks in periods of high incidence or where there was concern about vaccine effectiveness (for example a new variant). "

I can see scope to argue that we are in a period of high incidence and we have a new variant, officially there's no local autonomy on this (i.e. all sites are supposed to behave the same). However, the mass vaccination sites were the most likely to re-interpret the rules at that time.
snow conditions
Timmycb5 wrote:
Pierresel wrote:

HALLELUJAH!!

https://inews.co.uk/news/nhs-covid-letter-travel-vaccinated-12-15-christmas-holidays-1335800

I hope they will be producing the pass for recently recovered too. I suspect at present more teens are recently recovered than double jabbed, and this will be the case for quite some months.

Doesn't sound convincing for Christmas/NY though alas.
snow report
@Gazzza, my son is single jabbed and recovered too. I think, if my calculations are correct, by the time we are due to go (half term) he'll have had his second jab with a couple of weeks to spare.

I'd be nervous if I had a Christmas/NY holiday booked. I'm guessing as not many 12-15 year olds will be fully jabbed by then, they may focus their efforts on half term, as this will effect the largest proportion of people.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy