Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
@Rob Mackley, from what other posters have said, their 16YO's NHS app showed it all on their actual birthday.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rob Mackley wrote:
Anyone know if daughter who is 16 on the 24th Dec when she is allowed to access her NHS app will open it it up that day to find a 1 jab vaccination QR code and more importantly an recovery cert QR code she from her bout of Covid early November ?
My recovery code is on my NHS app .

Not sure about the 16th birthday bit, my twins are both 16 already.
Single vaxxed and recovered one shows in her app, and Swiss app happy with it.
Getting second one double jabbed on saturday, so hopefully all good for driving down on 16th Dec.

Ps - Davenant??
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@martinperry, Davenant yes a very long time ago snowHead I see your just as bad as I am with getting this user name thing , just go by your real name I say .

@Timmycb5, Looks like not only will she be opening presents but also her NHS app in trepidation on the 24th Dec with hope there’s a nice Covid recovery QR code on it that I hope is enough for the pass sanitaire , if not it looks like she going ski touring on the 28th !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rob Mackley wrote:
@martinperry, Davenant yes a very long time ago snowHead I see your just as bad as I am with getting this user name thing , just go by your real name I say .

@Timmycb5, Looks like not only will she be opening presents but also her NHS app in trepidation on the 24th Dec with hope there’s a nice Covid recovery QR code on it that I hope is enough for the pass sanitaire , if not it looks like she going ski touring on the 28th !

Definitely!

This is the post I was alluding to.

Might be worth asking Pejoli what was needed to be put in place so that it all just worked.

Pejoli wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
The UK can’t issue a QR code to 12-15 years here as they have only received one vaccine, and we have signed up to the EU scheme on vaccine passports which says that two doses is required for full vaccination. It seems to me that the problem is about different policies for vaccinating 12-15 year olds between the UK and some other countries, not whether the NHS is being a bit slow to update their IT systems to recognise children who have been jabbed.

It presumably must be a data protection related issue for accessing minors data, but that then determines how the IT works. Both my kids have one qr code. The nhs app allows you to see them as soon as the owners dob hits 16 (we confirmed this on my daughters 16th birthday last week) which I presume is how the app front end has been coded to decide if the buttons are visible or not. This applied to both domestic and travel version.

You have a QR code for each of your vaccinations - I assume the change to bring them into line with EU Covid pass standards was just a formatting change on how the data is represented, to follow the EU standard - but both 1/2 and 2/2 would follow that new format.

So the uk do ‘issue’ a qr code for both - but they are not really ‘issuing’ anything, they are just reporting your vaccination status details coded in qr form. It’s up to the app reading it to decide if it’s sufficient for a ‘pass’ or not in its particular jurisdiction.

The 1/2 qr code is useful in Italy, if nowhere else.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The thing with the French pharmacy is - they might say that because we’re from the UK, they will not generate a QR code because the UK should have done that already. I’ll phone a German pharmacy tomorrow too and see what they say!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The irony of all under 18s from over the world being able to come into UK regardless of vaccination status or testing is really stating to get to me!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So one of my backup plans has been trying to get some sort of certificate or output of health records from the GP that proves my 13yo has had covid/recovered. This would work for Austria (if it re-opens).

However in Googling the subject matter I stumbled upon this seemingly unhelpful GP practice who has gone to the effort of publishing on their website that they won't actually give this information for under16s !
https://www.windsormedicalcentre.nhs.uk/2021/10/25/covid-passes-for-travel-abroad-under-16s/

It is not my GP thankfully, but this is outrageous, how can they refuse to give a teen (or their parent, depending on age/consent) access to medical records. Whilst I appreciate GPs have other pressing matters, there remains a point of principle that it is a right of a patient to access their records (if they are competent and such access would not cause them harm) - it is the patients data not theres.
Also how long does it take a receptionist to print a patient record and have a doctor squiggle a signature - 30 seconds ?

This incidentally seems to goes against the GMC advice for access to patient records: https://www.gmc-uk.org/ethical-guidance/ethical-guidance-for-doctors/0-18-years/accessing-medical-records-by-children-young-people-parents
So whilst a GP I suppose can refuse to write a letter proving recovery, I can't see that they can refuse to give the medical record itself ?

This page suggests that 13 year olds should be able to access their own records or give consent for their parents to do so: https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/nhs-services-and-treatments/can-i-access-someone-elses-medical-records-health-records/

So I wonder, has anyone had any success, or indeed rejection, please of getting evidence of infection/recovery from their GP ?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 26-11-21 17:53; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our GP’s reception was very helpful- said that they’d had a number of enquiries on this matter- have sent us a headed letter with our son’s vaccine and positive pcr test result in November- have read somewhere that in France you can present this at a participating pharmacy would would turn it into pass sanitaire (used for non EU nationals) hopefully this will mean he doesn’t have to test daily- still no reply or even auto acknowledgment from our MP Matt @&£/cock- (now moved to Suffolk!)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Before our trip to Greece I got a print out of the page of of my younger son’s health record showing his positive test from our GP which she signed but they only printed out the month showing my new older son’s first vaccine not his positive test as well which was what we needed at that point. I couldn’t work out if even the print out was enough to qualify as a vaccine certificate as it didn’t have their DOB or passport numbers on so opted to do the lateral flows anyway. Their positive tests are 6 months to the day when we are going away for half term so won’t be any use then anyway. If half term was one week earlier we’d be ok Eh oh! . I had a brief reply from my equally rubbish ex-Secretary of State MP but haven’t had his response from his Health colleagues yet.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just spoken with the ski school we use in France. They have told me that, since yesterday, a new rule has been passed stating single vaccinated / unvaccinated teens must be tested in a pharmacy EVERY DAY!! This is getting ridiculous
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If anyone has boooked with a tour operator (we haven’t but slightly regretting that now) what are they saying? Surely they are going to get anyone with children this age cancelling their peak week holidays if this isn’t sorted. For Italy it was going to be every 2 days but I’m unclear if they can even use that option now with the super green pass but every day is ridiculous.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
X5OT76 wrote:
Just spoken with the ski school we use in France. They have told me that, since yesterday, a new rule has been passed stating single vaccinated / unvaccinated teens must be tested in a pharmacy EVERY DAY!! This is getting ridiculous

I agree, it is ridiculous. This is making me seriously doubt that we will be able to go to France this Christmas. Our GP won't do a "recovery from Covid" certificate or even a letter on headed paper to prove that my son has had Covid in the past 6 months and that the has been partially vaccinated. Even if he was to get his second jab before we go (which is likely he will get), I still don't think he will get a QR code which would be needed for the pass sanitaire. We have two children in the 12-15 age bracket, so Covid tests every day would be a massive hassle, extra expense and element of uncertainty. I am assuming they will announce on Tuesday that the pass sanitaire will be required for ski lifts too. We booked everything individually and will only get a partial refund if we cancel. I wonder if our travel insurance would cover this. Does anyone know?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Motherofthree wrote:
Our GP won't do a "recovery from Covid" certificate or even a letter on headed paper to prove that my son has had Covid in the past 6 months and that the has been partially vaccinated

Out of interest, on what basis has the GP given for denying a medical record ?

On your insurance you'd have to check your policy, but I am doubtful enhanced testing (even if it is a massive inconvenience and an added cost) would be grounds for cancellation.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gazzza wrote:
Motherofthree wrote:
Our GP won't do a "recovery from Covid" certificate or even a letter on headed paper to prove that my son has had Covid in the past 6 months and that the has been partially vaccinated

Out of interest, on what basis has the GP given for denying a medical record ?

On your insurance you'd have to check your policy, but I am doubtful enhanced testing (even if it is a massive inconvenience and an added cost) would be grounds for cancellation.

Our GP say that this is something they don't do. I have contacted them more than once about this, but the answer is the same. It seems unfair to me that some GP's agree to write a letter confirming that a child has been vaccinated/recovered from Covid, whereas others refuse. Even if we did get a letter confirming this from our GP on headed paper, I'm still not sure if it would be accepted in lieue of a pass sanitaire, as it wouldn't have a QR code.

I also doubt our travel insurance will cover this, sadly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
could you go private for them
something like
https://www.medicspot.co.uk/recovery-certificate
never used them don't know how much it would cost but worth looking at if you are uninsured for the loss
ski holidays
pieman666 wrote:
could you go private for them
something like
https://www.medicspot.co.uk/recovery-certificate
never used them don't know how much it would cost but worth looking at if you are uninsured for the loss

Thanks for the tip, I will look into this.
ski holidays
Got the GP to print out my kids’ vaccine records today but it looks very unofficial. Just a print out from their system, name, DOB, both jabs with date and details of vaccine. Not even on headed paper but they did put the practice stamp with address on it.

Do we think this will work? Puzzled
latest report
Although the Nu variant could of course put a final stop to all holidays..
snow report
Petition here to give teens access to the covid pass for travel etc:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/596335

Please sign!
latest report
Tiefschneetaucher wrote:

Please sign!

Signed - but for us too late I think. Crystal emailed us today about Italy and our holiday 20th Dec.

They said for the super green pass - you need to be "fully" vaccinated or recovered. So even if we could get the NHS pass for our daughter - she will only have had one jab .

They have given us the option to cancel with refund which we will sadly take - had this money tied up now for 18 months. I would rather have it back than bump to next Christmas - gives us the chance to get away in the new year somewhere if things change.
snow conditions
Tiefschneetaucher wrote:

Please sign!

Also signed (well will have if the confirm email ever comes through!) - thank you for the link!
snow report
Tiefschneetaucher wrote:

Please sign!

Signed and passed link on to friends.
snow report
sheffskibod wrote:
Tiefschneetaucher wrote:

Please sign!

Signed - but for us too late I think. Crystal emailed us today about Italy and our holiday 20th Dec.

They said for the super green pass - you need to be "fully" vaccinated or recovered. So even if we could get the NHS pass for our daughter - she will only have had one jab .

They have given us the option to cancel with refund which we will sadly take - had this money tied up now for 18 months. I would rather have it back than bump to next Christmas - gives us the chance to get away in the new year somewhere if things change.

Bump it to Easter - fantastic time to ski, and if things haven't calmed down by then, then it really will have been a write off of a season!
snow report
Done. I have also responded to MP following his letter in response to email in early November.

Quote:
Dear Robert,

Many thanks for your letter (dated 3rd November) in response to the email below, and many thanks for forwarding a copy of the correspondence with the DoHSC.

It was encouraging to learn this evening that the JVCI are recommending that all 12 - 15 year olds will be offered a second jab. This is likely to mean there will be even more families with children in limbo. I.e. fully vaccinated yet have to be treated as if they are unvaccinated to enjoy any activities in certain countries, if they cannot gain access to their vaccination status.

I know international travel is looking uncertain at present with the new variant, and I welcome the government's swift precautionary actions to slow the spread of omicron, however if it transpires that omicron isn't as much of an issue as feared, then there will be vast swathes of people looking get away, but hamstrung by current policy in England. As you are no doubt aware, 12 to 15 year olds who cannot prove their vaccine status in France need to present a negative PCR test every 24 hours to access even the most basic amenities. This makes travel prohibitively expensive, not to mention the hassle factor.

I notice that in Scotland, anyone aged 12 and over can access their covid status as a matter of course, and I hope that you will be able to keep up the pressure for 12 year olds in England to be able to do likewise.

Many thanks
snow report
Bravo, thanks for keeping them on their toes! Here’s hoping…
snow conditions
Tempted to make a provisional booking for Easter - we already have two for Xmas and one for February… it will have to be Milton Keynes otherwise!
ski holidays
Signed and forwarded.
snow report
Booked last night for Avoriaz at Easter, however I think we’re already out of time to get my 11 (soon to be 12 year old) vaccinated in time.

He tested positive on 30/10 so, although he’s 12 on 13/12, he can’t have a vaccine for 12 weeks after his positive test so 22/01 then another 12 weeks before his second takes us until after the ski trip.

Does this sound right? And if so are our choices to run the gauntlet of daily tests or cancel? …. or I guess also hold on and hope for a rule change?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
7ncj wrote:
Booked last night for Avoriaz at Easter, however I think we’re already out of time to get my 11 (soon to be 12 year old) vaccinated in time.

He tested positive on 30/10 so, although he’s 12 on 13/12, he can’t have a vaccine for 12 weeks after his positive test so 22/01 then another 12 weeks before his second takes us until after the ski trip.

Does this sound right? And if so are our choices to run the gauntlet of daily tests or cancel? …. or I guess also hold on and hope for a rule change?

My lad was vaccinated at 4 weeks after his Covid dose by his school.
snow report
Thanks. I’ll think have a chat with our GP to see what the position is. Standard guidance appears to be to wait 12 weeks after a positive test, unless they or a family member are at high risk from Covid. I guess this timeframe may be shortened too in-line with all the other changes.
snow conditions
7ncj wrote:
Thanks. I’ll think have a chat with our GP to see what the position is. Standard guidance appears to be to wait 12 weeks after a positive test, unless they or a family member are at high risk from Covid. I guess this timeframe may be shortened too in-line with all the other changes.

Proof of recovery is the same as being double vaccinated.. at least that is what I thought?
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
7ncj wrote:

Proof of recovery is the same as being double vaccinated.. at least that is what I thought?

Correct for France. The difficulty will be actually getting the proof.
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
7ncj wrote:

Correct for France. The difficulty will be actually getting the proof.

Thanks. I hadn’t realised the Covid recovery period is valid for 180 days, which would be enough for our trip. From a Google it looks like the government has acknowledged the need for a certificate, for under 16s, but no detail on when (or if.) Did find a private clinic that can apparently provide one … for £149. If that works, annoying but a lot less hassle and probably no more in total than getting an antigen test daily. Currently there isn’t a testing facility in Avoriaz so it would mean a daily trip down to Morzine.
ski holidays
I’ve just discovered .. on my NHS app, I have access to my children’s medical records via the linked profile functionality (GP surgery’s can set this up). This includes my son’s positive PCR result. All I need to now is find out if a participating French pharmacy will accept this to produce the required paperwork with QR code. Fun!
snow report
@7ncj, that is interesting! I requested GP surgery set them up as linked profiles and they responded to say “they don’t offer that service but registered my interest”. F’ing useless my surgery are.
ski holidays
@7ncj, ooh now that could be helpful. Wonder if my surgery are more efficient than @NickyJ,'s I fear not but worth a phone call.
snow report
@7ncj,

What was the website you found where they can offer certificates?
ski holidays
@L0ve2ski,

https://www.mayfieldclinic.co.uk/blog/certificate-of-recovery
latest report
7ncj wrote:
@L0ve2ski,

https://www.mayfieldclinic.co.uk/blog/certificate-of-recovery

That’s a good fallback if I can’t link my son’s recovery and double vaccinated status to my profile.
ski holidays
I’ve just heard from friends who have moved to Grenoble. They’re finding a print out of the email of their child’s positive test result (standard NHS PCR result email) is being accepted in-lieu of a QR code document.

They were relying on wording below they’ve seen used in quite a few French websites (e.g. Eiffel Tower visiting info) and fingers crossed seems AOK so far.

“Depending on your situation, your Covid-19 Certificate may be provided in the form of:
A vaccination certificate: stating that you are fully vaccinated, at least 1 week ago (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca) or 4 weeks ago (Janssen). ;
A recent negative Covid-19 test, either an RT-PCR or antigen test, from within the last 24 hours.
An old positive Covid-19 test proving that you have recovered from the virus, from more than 11 days and less than 6 months ago.”
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy