Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
I don’t think it’s fully completed.. the gov page suggests you need to prove passport and a video recording of the 4 digits on screen.. but it’s not let me even login on his account before.. just doesn’t go anywhere
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am hoping i can request them from the parent account.... otherwise i need my 15 yr to do something Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
RicardoNCL wrote:
I don’t think it’s fully completed.. the gov page suggests you need to prove passport and a video recording of the 4 digits on screen.. but it’s not let me even login on his account before.. just doesn’t go anywhere

Sorry I misread your post, your were asking if anyone else managed . I thought you said you managed to do it.

I'm going to wait until later, I know some places were saying 4th Feb, maybe because the time for today was not announced.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
NickyJ wrote:
I am hoping i can request them from the parent account.... otherwise i need my 15 yr to do something Sad

I read somewhere they need to do some verification with voice or web cam.

Good luck getting a teenager to do something Laughing rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NickyJ wrote:

Maybe this is ok if you already have parent account setup, but otherwise you need to see your GP to do this, this is England only.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No our GP has already refused to enable linked profiles....."this is not a service they offer at thus time"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
NickyJ wrote:
No our GP has already refused to enable linked profiles....."this is not a service they offer at thus time"

In that case you will need your teen to setup an account, you won't be able to link this to a parent account.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dklemm wrote:
NickyJ wrote:

I read somewhere they need to do some verification with voice or web cam.

Good luck getting a teenager to do something Laughing rolling eyes

I had managed to get her to install the NHS app and kick of the process. No idea if it got validated... then phone died and now has an android phone (she had very old hand me down iPhone). I have since failed to get her to redownload. Thankfully other child is a still compliant 12yr old.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
afterglow wrote:
Due to be driving to Austria (through France/Germany) for a weeks skiing in Kitzbuhel.
My son will turn 13 the day we travel.
Also - booked for his second Vaccine on that same morning of travel!
Really struggling to find a definitive answer to this, as to whether he will be allowed travel through those countries. Of course I know about the Ninja Pass in Austria, so that's not so much of an issue.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Can he not get his second vaccine a week earlier, so it's valid for the trip? Walk in centres around us are definitely being flexible around giving 2nd jabs from 10 weeks after the 1st. One did a big push the other weekend and was happy to give them after 8 weeks. I'm planning to try and get my son his 2nd, a week before we travel, which would be a 10 week gap.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Today is the day the NHS app works for teens. I just tried with my grandsons...nothing. I manage his app by being linked, but no covid records have popped up. Anybody had success?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tried my 14yr olds this morning, still says she doesn’t have access to this service. Will try again this evening.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dedders, yes. we have a covid pass and QR code for my son. it wasnt available last night, but it is today. he has his own copy of the nhs app on his phone. we are not using proxy access via any other person. he is 15. had his 2nd jab on monday just gone. the french tous anti covid pass scans his barcode and says everything is ok except he cant start using it until 7th feb as this is 7 days after his vaccine. we had to get our gp surgery to gice my son digital access to his own records.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good news - I plan to pop into GPs later and ask for his digital access to be set up. Did you need actually son/or any proof of identity with you for that step?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've only just noticed the app update will only give 13 to 15 year olds access. 12 year olds will have to access their NHS account via a Web browser. This is apparently due to Apple / Google app store restrictions on U13s.

Hopefully this will provide a QR code that can then be scanned into the French app, for ease of use when away.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 3-02-22 9:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like it's now updated and can do it online - need to verify the person though (child at school so can't do it...)
snow conditions
Success! Using the NHS website (not app), it has stopped saying that you have to be 16 to use the service (which it was saying for me at 7am today). Instead, it is now showing two QR codes for my 13y old - one for first vaccination, the second for recovery. The second is declared valid by the TAC Verif app, so will work in France in its own right (and should also be importable into TousAntiCovid, which I'll try on his phone when he's home from school).

The site is currently giving errors when I try to download or email the QR codes, but I can at least screenshot them.
ski holidays
MHskier wrote:
Good news - I plan to pop into GPs later and ask for his digital access to be set up. Did you need actually son/or any proof of identity with you for that step?

For me, obtaining the Covid pass through the NHS site for my son was unconnected to his GP setting up digital access - in fact, the GP refused to set it up (except by way of proxy access) for an under-16 year old. So my son does not have access to his medical records through the NHS website (or app), but obtaining QR codes through the website still worked fine (didn't try the app). All you need to do is register for an NHS log-in, which if I remember rightly required taking a photo of his passport and taking a short video of him reading some random numbers that are displayed, and then waiting a short while for them to verify the credentials.
ski holidays
@yak, thats interesting, we went through the same process and I assumed that having access to digital records was a prerequisite. your experience suggests otherwise, which will be helpful to others whomneed to get this. getting the app was straightforward. we had to wait about 2 hrs to get the verification
latest report
aaargh. My grandson is 11. He turns 12 the day before we travel. Guess I may not know til then?
snow report
dedders wrote:
aaargh. My grandson is 11. He turns 12 the day before we travel. Guess I may not know til then?

Where are you going? In France rules apply form 12yr 2months.
snow report
also - if you need access to their records then the GP surgery should not refuse. if the person is deemed Gillick competent they can have access. this is open to interpretation but a receptionist/admin cant make this decision as gillick competency is a complex area and a decision should be made by a GP. however it seems that having access to records is not necessary to get the NHS app although you may wish to have access for other reasons.
ski holidays
I have my 11 year old linked to my nhs app. No covid records are visible. I tried to set up his own nhs log in. That refused as he needs to be 13. Any clues?
snow report
Austria
snow conditions
Austria
snow conditions
Little Martin wrote:
Looks like it's now updated and can do it online - need to verify the person though (child at school so can't do it...)

Relogged in and tried again... I am at the same point.. which is record a video saying some numbers - or write them down - this will be intereting exercise this eve3ning.... but good news well done NHS finally hope at end of tunnel Smile
ski holidays
backhojo wrote:
also - if you need access to their records then the GP surgery should not refuse. if the person is deemed Gillick competent they can have access. this is open to interpretation but a receptionist/admin cant make this decision as gillick competency is a complex area and a decision should be made by a GP. however it seems that having access to records is not necessary to get the NHS app although you may wish to have access for other reasons.

12 yr old aren't allowed app
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
backhojo wrote:

12 yr old aren't allowed app

Correct, but can access to download from the website

Really not sure why they’ve taken that particular approach but ho hum
ski holidays
@NickyJ, yes I realise 12yr olds are not allowed the app however the OP who said they had been refused access to records has a 13yr old and stated their GP told them under 16s cant have access to medical records. This is not strictly correct and the GP should consider all requests and offer an explanation if it is refused. It should not be a blanket "no" for all under 16s. I think in the context of this discussion thread it is becoming apparent that records access is not required to get access to the App / vax status. I was merely offering info for those who need it(background :I am a manager in a GP surgery and my wife is a GP)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dedders wrote:
I have my 11 year old linked to my nhs app. No covid records are visible. I tried to set up his own nhs log in. That refused as he needs to be 13. Any clues?

I don't think you will succeed in registering an 11 year old. Why do you need to, given that (as @dklemm pointed out) the French pass sanitaire requirements do not apply to someone <12y and 2 months?

If you need it for some other country, then it looks as though you will indeed have to wait until he turns 12. According to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/ it should now be possible to set up a log-in for a 12 year old on the website (but not an 11 year old):
Quote:
How to get a digital NHS COVID Pass
There are 2 ways you can get a digital NHS COVID Pass.

Information:
You can:
- download and use the NHS App to get your NHS COVID Pass if you're aged 13 or over
- use the online NHS COVID Pass service if you're aged 12 or over
latest report
@backhojo, thank you for the information about access to medical records generally. From various posts here, it seems that GP support for gaining electronic access is very patchy and inconsistent - I wish I were at your practice!
snow report
Just in case anybody is in the same place as me, this is what I know..

Grandson is 11 (12 next week). I have him linked on the NHS app. Apparently that is no use. He cant have his own app until he is 13 so a dead end/catch 22.

I cant request a letter until he is actually 12, and that takes a week, so that will be too late.

We have to wait until he is 12 and then get him to register and request a digital pass. Very last minute!

So if that applies to you?

Grateful of an idiots guide/pitfalls with the register process to calm my nerves at getting it done at the last minute
snow conditions
@dedders, why do you need it? I am sure fully vaccinated isn't needed until 12yrs 2months as vaccine isn't normally allowed until they are 12.
ski holidays
I believe its 12 in Austria?
latest report
dedders wrote:
I believe its 12 in Austria?

Hmm you are right i can't find any mention for austria, maybe as they have their Ninja Pass solution, they decided not to worry about allowing time for vaccines to be administered.
latest report
Think I will sleep all week in Austria. Too mentally exhausted to ski!
snow report
@dedders, insane isn't it!
ski holidays
So can anyone talk me through the registering process? Quick? What do you need to hand?
snow report
dedders wrote:
So can anyone talk me through the registering process? Quick? What do you need to hand?

from memory you will need the child's nhs number and passport - they have to be available as they read some numbers off the screen to help verify themselves (verification can take up to 24 hours i believe but our daughter's was done within a few hours)
snow report
Thanks!
ski holidays
dedders wrote:

Look at "How to prove your identity" at https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online-services/nhs-login/. For my son it was the "High level proof of who you are" that applied. This involved needing NHS number, passport and physical child in question. The procedure involved entering details, taking a photo of the passport details page, and taking a video of the child reading numbers displayed on screen. I did all this on my computer, not on a phone, and it all went smoothly. Did this in the evening, and by the next morning I had an email saying that the identity check had been passed (not sure how long the email actually took to arrive), and we could then log on using his credentials (and a code that was texted to the phone number we provided).

Assuming that what you're trying to get access to is a QR code proving past infection (in order to avoid having to go down the Holiday Ninja Pass route), then from a quick look at the Austrian rules (on which I am no expert), there looks to be an alternative for you. https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations says

Quote:
Everyone entering Austria needs to show
- Proof of full vaccination (2 jabs) OR proof of past infection (the medical document needs to show the date of recovery – (for guests from the UK: an NHS email/text of a positive test is not sufficient)
- AND a negative PCR test (valid for 72 hours) OR proof of a booster jab (booster is valid from the first day)
- See further details below (What proof is accepted?)
What Proof is Accepted?
To proof your “2-G” status you can use the NHS Covid app or the EU Covid Pass. Printed versions and medical certificates of vaccination or recovery are also accepted. If your certificate is not in English or German please download this form.

So you could obtain a medical certificate of recovery instead. There are various online outfits that will give you a doctor's certificate - think it costs in the region of £80. If you had that as a back-up, that at least should get him into the country - but what happens when you're there I don't know about. The same web page says that Ninja Pass is required only for "Teenagers (12 or over and born on or after 1 September 2006) who are not yet fully vaccinated/recovered", so if you have the medical certificate of recovery, might that be enough?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy