Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
we are working through this process and have got as far as my 15yr son getting a working NHS app on his phone. We had to register for online services with the GP (Systmonline at our surgery). this is the regular online services that i use for repeat prescriptions and access to medical records etc. They generated a user name and password from their regular clinical system (Systmone). we then used this to register for the NHS app. We then had to go through ID verification which was straightforward - photo of passport upload and record a short video of my son reading out some numbers from the screen. this allows them to match the person to the passport photo. we then had to wait for this to be approved which was about 2 hrs. We are now at the point where we have the app ready to go and hopefully on 3rd feb we will see vax records, although my son doesnt have his 2nd jab until jan31st and it way take a week to show up. at present if we click the covid pass button in the app we get a message saying you ahve to be over 16. Hoping this changes from the 3rd as promised. will update on here when we know more
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the detail on the process. If it has to involve our gp surgery then that’s a bit of a concern! I’ll be ordering the paper letter also come Monday as backup I think.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For anyone wanting to know about timescales from requesting a paper covid cert for teenagers to getting it…

I ordered a cert for my 13 year old on Sunday evening. It just arrived in the post (Thursday). It was dated on Monday so they are getting to it quite quickly

Obviously hoping the NHS app will soon provide access to the QR code but wanted a backup for forthcoming half term trip

We actually have the qr codes provided by the Val D’Isere pharmacy that still work for both teenagers, even after a month (ie no expiry unlike the UK issued QR codes) but went for a belt and braces approach
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
MHskier wrote:
Thanks for the detail on the process. If it has to involve our gp surgery then that’s a bit of a concern! I’ll be ordering the paper letter also come Monday as backup I think.

This is my fear… I’m going to have to wait till 3rd feb then it would seem, as mine isn’t fully jabbed yet and our gp will just say no rules state 16 etc… rolling eyes yet he has 1 +recovered.. hoping the system will update in time for our trip with our gp system which has just been rated requiring improvement!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did a walk in with our 14yo daughter Tuesday for her 2nd jab. Just need to let the calendar tick over to ensure the letter covers our planned trip returning 26th Feb.

Good to hear the process is reasonably efficient. Likewise will want the letter as belt and braces pending the app.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ma94jcg wrote:
For anyone wanting to know about timescales from requesting a paper covid cert for teenagers to getting it…

I ordered a cert for my 13 year old on Sunday evening. It just arrived in the post (Thursday). It was dated on Monday so they are getting to it quite quickly

Obviously hoping the NHS app will soon provide access to the QR code but wanted a backup for forthcoming half term trip

We actually have the qr codes provided by the Val D’Isere pharmacy that still work for both teenagers, even after a month (ie no expiry unlike the UK issued QR codes) but went for a belt and braces approach

That’s very useful to know the turnaround time, thank you - I might have jumped the gun applying for the letter yesterday, when I need it to still be in date on Sat 26th Feb!

Honestly finding all this stuff so stressful (yes first world problems, I know - but this is SnowHeads, right?!)

My 15 year old has downloaded the NHS app in readiness but we can’t work out whether she has to click through the “access my GP records” bit or not. I’m hoping not as unfortunately this is not something our surgery is likely to engage with Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TyroleanWaltz wrote:

That’s very useful to know the turnaround time, thank you - I might have jumped the gun applying for the letter yesterday, when I need it to still be in date on Sat 26th Feb!

Honestly finding all this stuff so stressful (yes first world problems, I know - but this is SnowHeads, right?!)

My 15 year old has downloaded the NHS app in readiness but we can’t work out whether she has to click through the “access my GP records” bit or not. I’m hoping not as unfortunately this is not something our surgery is likely to engage with Sad

I don’t think we’ll need to do anything other than have the NHS app installed and go through the identity verification (passport photo and video saying some random numbers). This is all we have done and when my eldest turned 16 recently the QR code just started working. Presumably whatever logic in the system that looks for date of birth will just be adjusted to a wider age group. But I guess we’ll find out when it goes live!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ma94jcg wrote:
TyroleanWaltz wrote:

I don’t think we’ll need to do anything other than have the NHS app installed and go through the identity verification (passport photo and video saying some random numbers). This is all we have done and when my eldest turned 16 recently the QR code just started working. Presumably whatever logic in the system that looks for date of birth will just be adjusted to a wider age group. But I guess we’ll find out when it goes live!

That sounds promising! The two obstacles between us and Obergurgl are this and her PCR (me and the old man both boostered so no tests for us) so I’m feeling impatient to get this one knocked off the list
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The youngest has today had his second jab. With the news of the digital NHS pass being made available, I'm pleased to say this thread is no longer relevant to me!

It was a close run thing, his best mate's family all tested positive earlier this week and the mate I went skiing with last weekend tested positive when we got back. I've tested daily and am still -ve.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could someone confirm that there isn't a confirmation email or text following an online request for a paper pass for a 14 year old? Am I right that it's an "everything is ok unless we tell you it's not system"? It doesn't seem to be the most reassuring of systems.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pieandrun wrote:
Could someone confirm that there isn't a confirmation email or text following an online request for a paper pass for a 14 year old? Am I right that it's an "everything is ok unless we tell you it's not system"? It doesn't seem to be the most reassuring of systems.

Can't help but I hadn't realised you could request online. My plan today is to request one for my two.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Pieandrun, thanks for the steer. I have just requested them via the online form. After submitting request it offered to text me confirmation of success to my mobile number ending in XXX or not to be contacted. I will let you know if I get a text.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Am I right that this letter needs to be ordered to enable the 30 day coverage until the end of the half term so today would get us to Sunday 27th, but maybe monday safer?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ wrote:
@Pieandrun, thanks for the steer. I have just requested them via the online form. After submitting request it offered to text me confirmation of success to my mobile number ending in XXX or not to be contacted. I will let you know if I get a text.

Did you get the confirmation? I'm sure the site said we will contact xxx if we cannot process your request.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nothing yet
latest report
Final teenager got his second jab yesterday in Stirling drop-in centre. 3 days less than 12 weeks since his first jab. No problems or questions asked. The jab already shows online on NHS Scotland and can download the certificate showing both Jabs and QR codes.

I was going to take him on Sunday but noticed that pretty much all the airlines are showing incorrect requirements for entry to Italy. I checked Easyjet and it very clearly states that vaccination is only valid for entry if the course has been completed (i.e. 2 jabs) at least 14 days ago. BA shows the same. This is NOT true from my reading of the Italian regulations for Italy:
1. Minors can enter Italy without vaccination and without the need to quarantine so long as they are travelling with parents that are fully vaccinated. So teenagers can technically travel to Italy regardless of vaccine status - although they will not be able to do much once there if not fully vaccinated.
2. Vaccination is valid immediately after administration of the second jab. The 14 days refers to first jab, where it is considered valid 14 days after the first jab and until the appointment for a second dose.

The information is confusing and sometimes conflicted from the Italian Government, but it is very disappointing that airlines are adding to the confusion and imposing rules that are not based on the regulations.

We travel on Friday 11th to Italy, so getting the second dose last night means my 13 year old will be past the 14 day period avoiding any discussion or risk at check-in. For those who will be travelling on Saturday 12th in a similar position might be worth trying a drop-in centre today, or being prepared to argue at the airport!
snow conditions
MHskier wrote:
Am I right that this letter needs to be ordered to enable the 30 day coverage until the end of the half term so today would get us to Sunday 27th, but maybe monday safer?

That is what I am doing - waiting until Monday.
snow conditions
Layne wrote:
MHskier wrote:

That is what I am doing - waiting until Monday.

I have gone for today as we re travelling back on the Saturday. However if we can get a fresh generated online after the 3rd as promised, we can generate a new one with later date. I have saved pdf of my one from the app with same thought process.
latest report
Due to be driving to Austria (through France/Germany) for a weeks skiing in Kitzbuhel.
My son will turn 13 the day we travel.
Also - booked for his second Vaccine on that same morning of travel!
Really struggling to find a definitive answer to this, as to whether he will be allowed travel through those countries. Of course I know about the Ninja Pass in Austria, so that's not so much of an issue.
Any help will be much appreciated.
ski holidays
Pieandrun wrote:

That’s right. You hear nothing until the letter arrives. I believe they only contact you if there is an issue. Definitely not the best designed system. They really should just send a confirmation either way
snow report
France - currently yes, provided you are fully vaxxed and boosted (per their rules) and travelling with him then same rules apply to him as to you.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

Currently completion of sworn statement, and test in under 24hrs before you travel to France. Obviously keep checking in case it changes.

Whilst in France the pass sanitaire rules will apply to him, and pass vacinal to you. eg. if you want to stop at a restaurant an enroute through the country.

For entry to France on return, if entering from a green country which I think Germany is, then the green rules apply, so just the sworn statement from what I see on the French website pasted above.

Sorry not sure about Germany.
latest report
Not official but looks like some flexibility might be coming for teens in Italy. Single dose recognised for skiing etc

https://www.livignoskiholidays.com/covid19

Quote:

Children 12-17 travelling with their vaccinated parents only need a negative covid test to enter Italy or a PCR test within 48 hours plus a single dose of a recognised vaccine at least 15 days before arrival to access the ski lifts, restaurants and accommodation
snow report
dklemm wrote:
Not official but looks like some flexibility might be coming for teens in Italy. Single dose recognised for skiing etc

Quote:

Children 12-17 travelling with their vaccinated parents only need a negative covid test to enter Italy or a PCR test within 48 hours plus a single dose of a recognised vaccine at least 15 days before arrival to access the ski lifts, restaurants and accommodation

This is no change, and a bit misleading.
There is a somewhat vague rule where you would be considered fully vaccinated from 14 days after a first dose until the scheduled date for a second dose. As I posted earlier though, UK airlines are ignoring this and require proof of fully vaccinated.
Similarly you are considered fully vaccinated in Italy IMMEDIATELY after the second dose (and for 6 months following that). UK airlines and ignoring this and stating you must have had the second dose 14 days ago to be considered fully vaccinated.
The 15 days is frankly made up - there has never been any mention of 15 days anywhere, the only references are to 14 days.

In short - badly worded, unofficial and flawed and I would not trust it. This is clearly quite a small operator based in Livigno and not organising flights. I think you might be grabbing at straws here as the advice is inconsistent with Italian and UK Government sites and Tour Operators/Airlines.
latest report
Agree this is unofficial but its related to skiing not the country entry so it sounded like there was some new domestic flexibility. AFAIK unvaccinated teens can enter with vaccinated parents anyway.

Maybe this was previously the case but we can't get digital proof of single vaccine anyway so maybe futile.
latest report
@dklemm, I'm just saying it is a bit grasping at straws to rely on the one quite obscure source that gives the answer you want. A very brief look at this website does not give much confidence frankly. I would completely discount this as ill-informed. And my kids would tell you to verify online sources and corroborate, just the very basic rule for online information as so much is misleading or false.

Yes minors inherit the vaccine status of their parents for travel to Italy. But airlines are not reflecting this and all the official airline sites I have researched state you must have had 2 doses with the last at least 14 days old (which is NOT the regulation from the Italian Government)

And no problem in Scotland getting digital proof of vaccine for teenagers, whether after 1, 2 or 3 doses. You can download a certificate with a QR code directly from NHS Scotland. And from 3rd Feb teenagers will be able to access their status in England through the app.
snow conditions
@zikomo,

I'm not clutching, I clearly stated this was unofficial - this is normally the first to publish unconfirmed information. I'm currently waiting on 3rd of Feb to get recovery cert for teen in Wales. As with the above there is no official confirmation from Welsh gov, just letter form AM (Welsh Assembly Member). I have 3 hotels, 2 car hires, , 16 flights and a ferry booked for half-term, final plan will depend on rules and availability of pass next week.

Both my kids had COVID last week but we will ski in half term.
latest report
@dklemm, It is not "unofficial". It is a tiny company that is not a Tour Operator or airline, does not transport customers to Italy, and is the ONLY one showing this particular view of the requirements. Italian Government website, UK Government website, Easyjet website, BA website all contradict the position given by this obscure rental company in Livigno. It is irresponsible to even start to suggest that your source on this has any relevance or credibility.

At this stage, if your party are all fully vaccinated you can expect to be able to travel to Italy, and enjoy your holiday fully. There is some hope that testing on entry MIGHT be relaxed but this has only been confirmed for EU citizens to date. There is no doubt that the direction of travel is towards proving vaccine status rather than PCR/LFD testing.

I really hope that both your kids have recovered fully and test negative before you travel, so they can enjoy their ski holiday. Hopefully your party are fully vaccinated, and remain covid free also in the meantime, in which case your chances are very high that all will be well. Best of luck to you all!

Out of interest what is the letter from the AM that you refer to? What does it say?
latest report
zikomo wrote:
@dklemm, It is not "unofficial". It is a tiny company that is not a Tour Operator or airline, does not transport customers to Italy, and is the ONLY one showing this particular view of the requirements. Italian Government website, UK Government website, Easyjet website, BA website all contradict the position given by this obscure rental company in Livigno. It is irresponsible to even start to suggest that your source on this has any relevance or credibility.

At this stage, if your party are all fully vaccinated you can expect to be able to travel to Italy, and enjoy your holiday fully. There is some hope that testing on entry MIGHT be relaxed but this has only been confirmed for EU citizens to date. There is no doubt that the direction of travel is towards proving vaccine status rather than PCR/LFD testing.

I really hope that both your kids have recovered fully and test negative before you travel, so they can enjoy their ski holiday. Hopefully your party are fully vaccinated, and remain covid free also in the meantime, in which case your chances are very high that all will be well. Best of luck to you all!

Out of interest what is the letter from the AM that you refer to? What does it say?

I was clear in my first post this was local/domestic rules around skiing and access to restaurants, not international entry requirements . Entry requirement for Italy are largely unchanged (unvaccinated 12-17 can travel with vaccinated parents) best we can hope for in the next few weeks is they drop the LFT test for entry.

Domestic rules are completely separate from entry requirements on “Italian Government website, UK Government website, Easyjet website”. Even within Italy it changes by zone, yellow = green pass, orange=super green pass. Green pass allows unvaccinated 12+ to test daily, super green pass requires 12+ vaccinated or recovery. Covid zones are changing daily and IT gov announced they are reviewing the whole zone system just last week, this has no direct impact on entry requirements. I’m not sure there are any ski areas still in Yellow.

Regarding Livigno, its a special-administered territory so maybe their zone/covid rules can be administered locally.

Obviously TOs like crystal would be need to tell you all this because its a holiday but airlines and uk Gov will only give you entry requirements and maybe warn you to check local requirements yourself.

I though it was a letter but it was just someone confirming then have a reply from their Wales AM, confirming 3rd Feb change digital (QR) “proof of vaccine” and “proof of recovery” will be available for 12+ includes Wales, online at https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/ and not the App (this is the same for adults in Wales).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dklemm wrote:

Quote:

Maybe this was misinterpreted by them from info about single-dose vaccines like Janssen.

Who knows Puzzled
snow conditions
Just to add, our kids got their vaccine letters. We downloaded the TousAntiCovid app on to their phones, and scanned the QR code from the letter. Lots of balloons and streamers appeared and now both of our kids have an electronic QR code which will be accepted on the slopes.

I have just come back from Belgium, and there was strong checking of vaccine QR codes everywhere. I used my NHS print out, NHS app and TAC app and all worked.
latest report
Any Scots here? I don’t think the NHS Scotland app is going to work for 12-15. We’ve just printed off their certificates that have the QR codes on. We’re lucky that everyone us fully vaccinated . That’s allowed us to set up the TousCovid app for everyone, scanning in those printed off QR codes.

Does that sound right? Am I missing something? The printed certificate with codes is fine for international travel. Us over 18s have the NHS Scotland app too.
ski holidays
@RosieL, I've had no luck with the NHS Scotland app for the children, so have just got everyone set up on Tous Anti Covid (prefer that anyway). It worked fine when we were in France in October. For skiing I am also going to just print off and laminate the QR codes and stick them in their pockets as invariably a phone will run out of battery or get left at lunch.
snow report
trmacc wrote:
@RosieL, I've had no luck with the NHS Scotland app for the children, so have just got everyone set up on Tous Anti Covid (prefer that anyway). It worked fine when we were in France in October. For skiing I am also going to just print off and laminate the QR codes and stick them in their pockets as invariably a phone will run out of battery or get left at lunch.

So true! Daft question but which code are you laminating? The two NHS ones or just the second one or the one in the TousAnti Covid app?
ski holidays
An update on speed of processing and dispatch of NHS covid pass letter for 12-15s: 14yr old had second vaccine on Sunday, applied online for the letter Monday evening, letter arrived today (Saturday). Six days vaccine to proof, very impressive.

Another piece of the puzzle in place.
snow conditions
Gah my son got 2nd vaccine on 16th Jan, had to wait full five days to successfully apply for letter (rejection text comes within seconds btw, for those asking further up the thread) and still no letter arrived. So requested last Saturday, a full week later (and a fortnight since the jab) and still no paper pass. Bring on the digital system!
snow report
@susieq78, that is good to know... but doesn't cater for the something has gone completely wrong scenario
ski holidays
Hope the promised digital solution for England works as promised on the 3rd. I have to say our blessed government does not get a lot right, but the covid status website works really well here in Scotland. Daughter had second jab at a walk in yesterday. By the time we got home her jab was showing on the website and I could download her certificate showing both jabs and the QR codes. I have not yet tried the app for the teenagers, will try today and report on findings!
ski holidays
Wast it today we were supposed to be able to get online proof? Still telling 16+
ski holidays
zikomo wrote:
Hope the promised digital solution for England works as promised on the 3rd. I have to say our blessed government does not get a lot right, but the covid status website works really well here in Scotland. Daughter had second jab at a walk in yesterday. By the time we got home her jab was showing on the website and I could download her certificate showing both jabs and the QR codes. I have not yet tried the app for the teenagers, will try today and report on findings!

Well I’ve registered for my 12 year old son this morning but it won’t work…

To quote the website ‘you have to be 16 to use this service’ Embarassed rolling eyes

Anyone with a 12 year old (not able to use the app but have to use website instead) manage to get it to work today..

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 3-02-22 7:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
RicardoNCL wrote:
zikomo wrote:

Well I’ve registered for my 12 year old son this morning…

To quote the website ‘you have to be 16 to use this service’ Embarassed rolling eyes

Anyone with a 12 year old (not able to use the app but have to use website instead) manage to get it to work today..

Did they need to be present to complete the sign-up?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy