Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
JayDub, already done it in french to the pharmacy near where we are due to stay and they won’t confirm one way or other (we don’t travel till end of feb) as the rules are changing they say..

I’ve rung and emailed my GP and also asked for son to be added to my nhs login details. It’s like wading through treacle, I don’t have an issue with them other than that it’s inconsistent across the country.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RicardoNCL, it is a real pain. Hopefully 12 year olds will have the nhs app before then anyway. Exceptional times and lots of variables. I think we will be all good by ht.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
From nhs

In addition, we have continued to develop digital options to facilitate travel for eligible
children, From 3 February. 12 to 15-year-olds will be able to use the NHS App and
www.nhs.uk to access their NHS COVID Pass. This will include their COVID-19
vaccinations, and evidence of natural imnunity if they have tested positive less than 180 days prior to travel,
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Woo hoo one step closer. Junior got his second vacc at the walk in tonight. 6 days ahead of 12 weeks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MHskier, excellent
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MHskier wrote:
Woo hoo one step closer. Junior got his second vacc at the walk in tonight. 6 days ahead of 12 weeks.

My daughter also got hers this week at a walk-in, one day early, but they let her in.

I celebrated by booking some flights to Verona for HT. What have I done? Laughing

Good news on the NHS app being able to show vaccination records for the 12-15s in Feb. Super Green here we come! snowHead

Just hope Italy lifts the need for the pre-departure LFTs and goes back to just needing proof of vaccination only.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dd4, great news. It is looking good for ht.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

In addition, we have continued to develop digital options to facilitate travel for eligible
children, From 3 February. 12 to 15-year-olds will be able to use the NHS App and
vaccinations, and evidence of natural imnunity if they have tested positive less than 180 days prior to travel,

Where did you see this?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would be good to know where this came from? Do you have a link @Dd4?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

Where did you see this?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ameans wrote:
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

Where did you see this?

The punctuation isn't great so it could well be genuine govt info!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

This is good news for most, NHS Wales are still using chalk and slate.

At the moment linked (child) profiles are only available for patients registred with England GPs and the NHS App.

I wonder if this will change to include the website and NHS Wales Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://nhs-digital.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4413306162193-Can-a-12-15-year-old-get-a-digital-NHS-COVID-Pass-on-the-NHS-App- I've managed to find this but no mention of 3rd February. Fingers crossed for those of you going at HT it comes off!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dklemm wrote:
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

At the moment linked (child) profiles are only available for patients registred with England GPs and the NHS App.

Although even if England the gp surgery themselves have to allow it. Mine said “this is not a service we offer at this time. We have registered your interest”
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That’s helpful! It does sound like they’re trying to do something at least. Fingers crossed it happens before we go.
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
dklemm wrote:
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

Although even if England the gp surgery themselves have to allow it. Mine said “this is not a service we offer at this time. We have registered your interest”

Interesting the wording says 12-15 can access their pass and use th website, so fingers crossed it may work in Wales and without linked profiles setup by GPs.

I've already moved my holiday to Andorra but will still be useful for traveling though France or if we decide to change to France.
ski holidays
@dklemm, I am hoping it will work directly once they role that out but linked profiles aren’t an option for us.

My eldest is 15 and was able to install app. Youngest at 12 couldn’t due to it being 13+ Only. Fingers are crossed but I intend to request certificate on 28th Jan to cover our half term trip
snow report
Ameans wrote:
Dd4 wrote:
From nhs

Where did you see this?

It was in a letter sent from nhs yesterday in response to a query. Someone else has also posted the full pdf on fb ski group.
snow conditions
https://www.facebook.com/groups/116846678352879/permalink/4729947547042746/

Full letter someone else has posted. I just grabbed the key sentence for my post yesterday
ski holidays
RicardoNCL wrote:
Would be good to know where this came from? Do you have a link @Dd4?

Posted link to full letter further down thread
latest report
@Dd4, good work. Thank you.
snow conditions
Announcement on teens digital pass expected tomorrow according to daily mail…….

Teenagers will be able to get Covid passes for holidays abroad and testing requirements for fully jabbed travellers will be dropped early next month.

In a double-boost for half-term holidays expected to be announced tomorrow, 12- to-15-year-olds will be able to download the digital proof of vaccination, making travel in countries that require Covid certification easier. The changes will come in early February.
ski holidays
Announcement has now been made by Grant Shapps in Parliament. According to the BBC, he says that "from 3 February 12 to 15-year-olds in England will be able to prove their vaccination status via the digital NHS pass for international outbound travel". Doesn't mention proof of recovery, so hoping the letter from the vaccine minister is right that that will be included too.

Edit: video is here - but no more detail than in the quote: https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/d45b7d6b-179a-4f20-8e2b-da4c2173d40d?in=15:59:56

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 24-01-22 18:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Yes, once again some wording ambiguity. Let's hope it's the full Monty. Otherwise it's just a paper removal exercise.
latest report
yak wrote:
Announcement has now been made by Grant Shapps in Parliament. According to the BBC, he says that "from 3 February 12 to 15-year-olds in England will be able to prove their vaccination status via the digital NHS pass for international outbound travel". Doesn't mention proof of recovery, so hoping the letter from the vaccine minister is right that that will be included too.

Hope to includes Wales
ski holidays
Full gov statement includes covid recovery

Children aged 12-15 in England will be able to prove their vaccination status or proof of prior infection via a digital NHS COVID Pass from 3 February for outbound travel, making it easier for children and families to travel to countries which require proof of vaccination or prior infection to gain entry, avoid isolation, or access venues or services.

It will also enable families to plan holidays for February half term with greater confidence, as parents can be reassured they will quickly be able to evidence their child’s vaccination status or proof of prior infection for outbound travel and meet the requirements of different countries more easily.
snow report
Still going to send for the 30 day nhs vaccination letter…….it’s not like government it systems ever have launch issues is it Eh oh!
latest report
@MHskier, agreed! I am going to call them on the 27th and request. I also presume we will have to go through the identity process which involves your GP as well like we did for ours. I think that is sorted for my 15 yr old but being 15 she hasn’t tried since going through it and while I knew it didn’t give her the passport I haven’t chased her to sign in again on her new phone she had for Christmas and check. My 12yr we can go pre-do as app prevents you.

glad the girls both now have new phones. They had been using very old iPhones which kept randomly shutting down and battery lasted for an hour if you were lucky!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd definitely get prepped before 3 Feb. My son didn't even have his vaccination recorded on his medical records (found out by accident when trying to book a 2nd jab and kept being told it was his 1st). Now rectified but GP records not talking to NHS ones so still have issues. Not going until April but would be having kittens if Feb HT.
ski holidays
We've just received NHS letter for my double jabbed 12 y/o, and imported the QR code into their TousAntiCovid app. All good for half term.

However, the letter states "2D barcodes expire on: 19 Feb 2022"

This is the last day we plan to ski. So will this still be valid on that date?! Will probably need to request another letter now to be sure rolling eyes
ski holidays
You should be able to get a digital update next week Eh oh! Eh oh!
latest report
Further details on how to apply

NHS COVID Pass digital service for international travel
From 3 February, children aged 12 and over will be able to get a digital NHS COVID Pass for international travel.

A digital NHS COVID Pass will:

provide a record of COVID-19 vaccinations received
show evidence of recovery for 180 days following a positive NHS PCR test
See ‘How to use the NHS COVID Pass when travelling abroad’ above.

A digital NHS COVID Pass will be available:

via the NHS.UK website for those aged 12 and over (as a PDF you can download or print)
via the NHS App for those aged 13 and over (age restrictions apply for use of the App)
To request an NHS COVID Pass, the child will first need to register for an NHS login. They can do this themselves (or a parent or guardian can help register on their behalf). They’ll need to:

register using the child’s details (including the child’s email address)
verify the child’s identity using the child’s passport
Verifying identity can take a few days to complete (although it normally takes around 24 hours).
snow report
Hope it’s straight forward, we go on the 5th!!! Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass
ski holidays
Has anyone tried registering their children via the app or online yet? I’m wondering whether it is possible to get the nhs login ahead of Feb 3rd to speed things up/avoid the rush on the website.
snow conditions
I've had my son registered on the app more some time now. As he's under 16 it doesn't let him see or do a great deal but hopefully it will be updated soon to show vaccination record
latest report
Good to know - thanks. I’ll feel better getting one step closer!
snow report
KatiePopple wrote:
Has anyone tried registering their children via the app or online yet? I’m wondering whether it is possible to get the nhs login ahead of Feb 3rd to speed things up/avoid the rush on the website.

Just tried it also for my son who is 12 and it wont let me do it - referring back to our GP (who appear to have incorrectly set us up on the linked proxy form with the NHS also.

Also for anyone who hasnt seen it 12-13 years old will still not be able to accedd the app - but will have to access the NHS website instead as still cannot use the APP till 13 Shocked rolling eyes
snow report
I've started the process with the Dr as they need to grant access for the kids to the GP online services - knowing my GP this may take a while so have started now
snow report
About the NHS Covid Pass for kids aged 12-15 available from 3rd February. Do we yet know what prep we need to do - ie.
Is there a risk that if I ask my GP admin now to give access, they may link the 12 yo NHS number to mine, & it may cause issues in getting correct access from 3rd Feb?
Basically shall I do anything now, or just wait until 3rd Feb & hope our GP is quick.
My 15 yo has got the App on his phone, but can’t access any info yet. We are traveling to France 19th Feb.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy