Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Via Lattea 2022

Poster: A snowHead
I’m heading to Sauze from Scotland 1st week of Feb with Crystal. I’ve filled in EPLF, have lateral flow tests booked (fit to fly and uk day 2 return), have NHS certificate of vaccination (with QR codes) and a supply of FFP2 masks (phew ....... Laughing ). So I think I’ve got most of the additional Covid stuff I need (if you think I’ve missed something let me know)

However I can’t find out how to get a super green pass. Can anyone advise?

Also, if anyone’s in the area first week of Feb let me know. I’m a good piste skier (knees won’t handle off piste) and happy to meet up with others for a few runs.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You dont "get" a Super Green Pass - just think about that as a description of your vaccination status. Italian "authorities" scan your QR vaccination code using this VerificaC19 app - and if it is compliant it passes the Super Green Pass test. What I did was Install the VerificaC19 app from the Play Store or Apple Store. Its fully Italian but you can figure it out. You can use that to scan your QR code and that will let you know if your vaccination is at Super Green Pass level.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PGammage, as @ado, says use VerificaC19, I printed out the QR a ode in pocket size and laminated it, works fine and saves having to get my phone out, use of FFP2 masks are being checked, with piste patrol on some lifts ensuring everyone is wearing them.

And on to today’s snow report, pretty much the same as yesterday, beautiful blue skies, cold until noon, them cold again about 3, the snows holding up really well, there are a few bare patches appearing during the day, but the bathers are doing a great job overnight, I went over to Sestriere again today, where the best snow is, and in the lovely sunlight had a blast, I keep having to remind myself in so lucky to have been able to get here and get such fantastic bright days with pretty good pistes, I would be less happy if I was looking for off piste skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ado & @geofknight thanks for the info. I was considering a laminated version - good to know it works.

Really looking forward to my trip - bring on the snow!!!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@PGammage, I printed mine out at 5x7cm plus a bigger one in case.
Yes bring on the snow it’s going to be needed soon.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thursday 20/1. Cold overnight, pistes we’re hard early morning, and temp stayed below zero until about noon. Went over to Sestriere again. Wind did appear for the first time this week, so the top parts of runs were getting a little wind blown and exposing hard pack ice. Lower down the slopes are still in good condition, kudos to the piste management. Run back into Sauze under Clotes lift is skiable but narrow..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good to hear the snow is holding up well! Seems like your have a really good week!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Friday 21/1 It was below freezing overnight, and until around noon, pistes are still OK, hard pack in the morning and getting scrapped by late afternoon. Not all lifts or runs are open which has been the case all week, but I don’t think I’ve seen anything close during the week. I went over the Sestriere first thing, where the snow and pistes are best, came back towards Sansicario which was nice in the sunshine and little or no breeze, and finally back down in Sauze.@Huwsbach, yes it’s been a great week, much better than I initially thought it was going to be, once I gained my ski confidence again after the two year break, if things stay the same, good edges and ski with confidence and you’ll also have a great time.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ahhh ffab! I was boarding in Sestriere 3 weeks before Covid hit! I must say I was not impressed with their lift system or their Apres ski! Lol!.. but it might be where we’ll have to head if this snow doesn't come! Glad you’re having a good time!! Thank you for your reports! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saturday 22/1 final report from me, not much change from yesterday, other than a bit of snow harvesting has been done on a few pistes to cover the icy patches. It was cold up to 12 and from then the temps increased. It was much busier throughout with lots of local ski junior teams and locals, if that’s the right term.
There were more lifts open than in midweek, overall I only have praise for the piste and lift management .
So that’s it from me for now, happy to been of help to others, I’ll pass the baton on to whoever wishes to pick it up.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to report back to us this week!! It’s been interesting and much appreciated - And glad you had a good one! Have a safe journey home!! X
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi, if anyone is out Valentines week, would be good to know if the currently predicted snow arrives, and how much. Will be out from the 19th for two weeks….
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Webcams show light snow at the moment....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just back from our regular two week trip. Pistes are skiable, although with a few patches bare, and some large areas where its either ‘icy’ hard snow or actually ice.
On the plus side, had sun nearly every day. Was snowing hard when we left on Sunday 6th….
most of Sauzy runs are open, except the Moncrons are via Faure lift. Piste direct to Ciao Pais is closed, so a short walk from the next one along.
Sansicario is ok on the womens downhill side but all the reds on the right of the map are closed, no skiing to Champettes restaurant.
Sestriere is mostly open, including the upper black drag above the race slopes(never previously running on our trips) so now two opportunities to scare yourselves. Pragelato run to Club Med closed.
Clavier - upload on first chair, over the road, is ‘skis off’…. Second chair is skiable, all runs open.
MontG - much better on the ‘tree’ side (left as you approach). Most runs open. right side, with teh Terrasse restaurant, a few runs closed, and the black-serving drag from the top. That run was probably the best in resort, as suspect least skied. Access via the main, slow, 2 man chair.
Good news - most of the restaurants are open (sadly not the Grange Tachier), and prices dont seem to have changed in last 2 years. Extensive research confirms that La Sosta still does the best bombardinos’, although stiff competition from La Casse in Sestriere.
Offpiste…. Well, it is skiable, and at times actually nicer than the pistes…. But not what we’ve been used to in the past.
Apres. Thursdays at Gargotte in Sestriere was banging. La Grangia in Clotes on a Friday. Il Lampione for good wine… Ciao Pais or Ortiche for good food.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the update, will be good to be back on skis next week whatever the conditions
snow report
Just back too and good summary of conditions @hamilton. I would add that blue 27, or as we called it the sh**ty goat track, back to Sauze from the gondola is very very stony in places. Made us wish we had hire skis on! Better to do the black next door even if it is an experience of the bottom clenching variety. Pisteurs are doing a heroic job under the circs. Found prices also to be very reasonable on and off piste. Best mountain lunch was pizza at Mavie in Sansicario. Best dinner was up at La Marmotta on Friday night. Five courses with four different alcoholic drinks was 70 euros for both of us! Best dinner in Sauze was at Sugo’s.
snow report
Lunch ski in Claviere yesterday doing the €21 afternoon pass.

And very pleasant it was too.

When I saw and heard the very few people most were Brits.

Pistes in great condition still.

Went and saw inside and outside mates Pensione Hotel he's bought in Sagna Longa, big project, but what a position!
latest report
@Weathercam, have stopped there for lunch more than once in the past, a truly lovely location.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy