Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Right foot only XPro 120 size 26.5

Poster: A snowHead
I have a problematic left ankle but it fits in a Salomon X Pro 120 size 27 just perfect.
But my right foot is "normal" so it slops around in a 27, I'd really like to find a size 26.5 in the hope it fits as snug as its Lefty Soul Mate.

I wonder if the boot is the same length of 316mm, unlikely but one can live in hope.

Any ideas, anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Keep an eye on ebay, ski boots sell for buttons on there. Just need to be lucky in size/stiffness.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DrLawn wrote:
I have a problematic left ankle but it fits in a Salomon X Pro 120 size 27 just perfect.
But my right foot is "normal" so it slops around in a 27, I'd really like to find a size 26.5 in the hope it fits as snug as its Lefty Soul Mate.

I wonder if the boot is the same length of 316mm, unlikely but one can live in hope.

Any ideas, anyone?

The sole lengths usually go up/down by 10mm for each full size. Half sizes have a different insole/inner but no sole/shell difference.
If the 27.0 is 316 then I’d expect the 26.5 & 26.0 to be 306 - if you’re wearing different sizes, then L/R label your skis clearly!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DrLawn, go see a pucker boot fitter? From what I understand manufacturers try and reduce the boot lasts and change the liners for half sizes...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DrLawn, I naturally have a full one size difference between my feet. Ideally I would buy two sets of all footwear but of course in practice this never happens. Just for ski footwear I have downhill boots, rando boots, classic and skating cross country boots. My solution is to buy for the big foot with thin socks and then wear a thick sock on the smaller foot. I am sure there are many purists on here who will say perfectly fitting boots are essential for technique but my solution works for me.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pateman99 wrote:
@DrLawn, I naturally have a full one size difference between my feet. Ideally I would buy two sets of all footwear but of course in practice this never happens. Just for ski footwear I have downhill boots, rando boots, classic and skating cross country boots. My solution is to buy for the big foot with thin socks and then wear a thick sock on the smaller foot. I am sure there are many purists on here who will say perfectly fitting boots are essential for technique but my solution works for me.

Given the nature of modern ski boots, thats actually the wrong way round- you should size for the small foot and then get the bigger foot's boot blown/stretched to suit. Whatever works for you though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for you input guys and girls.
@kitenski, in 2019 I decided to seek out the best boot fitters...
Saved up a wad, made an appointment and set off by train on my pilgrimage to Bicester. (Do you know that the station announcements at Bicester are in Chinese!)
When the very experienced boot fitter looked at my feet, he took a sharp intake of breath,
and said, "Sorry we can help you with those feet, you'll have to go somewhere else North of Oxford and get some specially made boots."

My dodgy ankle is the left one, but the boot fit is just fantastic.

I know when you buy boots its always "Buy one get one Free".
I'm intending juts to go and try a 26.5 and see how good a fit it is.

The other alternative is to add even more insoles to that right boot to make it less of a welly.

as
@pateman99, says he has feet a whole size different.
I'm sure there are loads of us out there in the same situation.

And @Grinning, I will have to mark up my skis Port & Starboard, but I do that all the time anyway.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Theres a pair on Facebook marketplace in the size, but in the 100 flex. Don't know if you could swap the upper over .I'm sure it could be done if it's genuinely too soft ..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@DrLawn, So did you get the specially made boots from a place North of Oxford?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry Kitenski,
Nope, I didnt go for them, I didn't like the colour Very Happy
No actualy I ran out of time on that day, as I did not drive there it would have taken ages.

Then ... I got cold feet. Sad
So it all went on the "back burner"

My urgency for the perfect fitting boots ebbs and flows, then Covid got in the way, so I'm looking for an alternative and cheaper solution.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DrLawn, I'm guess he was talking about Dales boots, or Strolz?? Wouldn't custom boots made for 2 different sized feet and as recommended be a better/happier solution vs potential buying multiple boots under trial/error? Especially as you run the risk of ending up with two different sole boot lengths which could be potentially dangerous, unlesss you have your own skis fitted to two different boot lengths??
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kitenski probably, but way way more expensive. Also, he's already said he marks left/right skis anyway, and most bindings are adjustable for boot length.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Go foam injection. Due to a club foot, my right is size 9, my left is size 6, professionally made footbeds and foam injection makes up the difference in the same shell size, and have done over various boots for more than 30 years.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi @kitenski,
I visited Dales ...
I'm pretty sure the other one was something to do with Strolz .. perhaps he trained there.

If my memory serves me correctly .. the Strolz family run a "Pound Shop" in Lech ?

My wife had one of their jackets many years ago ... quite cute .. covered in tortoises, dirt cheap from their Stanton charity shop wink
I did try to get in touch with that other shop (In Covid times) but there was no answer to phone or emails Puzzled

@Roguevfr, Your right .. I would have been a rich man if it was not for skiing. Smile
@PowderAdict, The foam injection sounds an interesting solution, where did you go?
I only live down the road from you in Royston.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DrLawn, My last couple of pairs were from Profeet in Fulham, but prior to that from Snow & Rock. Profeet are on a completely different level to S&R, being up there with Solutions 4 Feet.

I didn't have any real option other than foam injected liners, but you maybe able to use one of the other options. As with everything else, the preparation is 90% of the fit. If you have really bad feet you will probably end up with Fraser who does my boots. As mentioned, I have feet 3 sizes different, my left ankle is fused (I can't hop on my left leg), and my left leg is 1" shorter below the knee. I have 28.5 shell boots which are in theory too large for my size 9 right foot, but they are required so that my left foor can be positioned effectivey floating in the middle of the left shell, with all the additional space taken up with a built up wedged foot bed and precision injected liner, and even an injected tongue. My current boots are Tecnica Zero G Pro, and I can tour in them Very Happy

When it comes to foam injection you want someone who does it everyday, not once or twice a month.

https://profeet.co.uk/sports/ski-boot-lab/custom-ski-boot-liners/
ski holidays
Thank you @PowderAdict,
I didn't realise they did that stuff still .. I thought foam injection went out of fashion way back.
Cheers!
snow report
I guess its not as 'sexy' as thermo fit systems, but it must count as the ultimate custom fit.

30 years ago each boot manufacturer had their own system (or at least a rebranded one). My first boots were Dynafit 3F in white with Dynafit foam liners.

Now the majority just use Sidas systems.

https://www.sidas.com/en/69-custom-solutions
ski holidays
Hi @PowderAdict,
The important question .. what do you think its going to cost me for an afternoon at profeet ? Smile
ski holidays
I would start with a phone call, and you will usually be able to talk to one of the boot experts and explain what you are after, but they appear to start at £150.

https://profeet.co.uk/contact/book-appointment/
ski holidays
I'm guessing costs are (based on their website)

Cost of the boot? Say £300 upwards
SKI BOOT MASTER FIT – £269.95
Cost of foam injected inner - £220 & they recommend a foam tongue but no costs
Not sure if you need an insole with a foam inner, if so that is extra

Trying to look at Strolz in the UK from https://www.glideslide.co.uk/ski-equipment/strolz/ski-boots

Can't see any costs for fitting, foam etc, just a starting price of:

Boots £695
ski holidays
Or under a £100 say, for a smaller pair that might just do exactly what you want.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy