Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Last run down from Paznauner Taja hutte

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got really bored when it was rainning, so I tried the windows 10 video editing app.

Here you go,

http://youtube.com/v/g5z5g6doNks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stopped watching the video after seeing all the ski's and boards lying around.
Ischgl....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You may want to add a bit of exposure compensation. It may have actually been dark, but it
would still work better with +1 stops or so dialled into the camera.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You’ve had a similar thought to me, but I used iMovie on my MacBook. Never had a stab at it before.

Is there a stabilising function on the app? There is on iMovie and I can’t help thinking it make it a bit easier on the eye, though you will lose a few mil on the edges of the screen.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah yes, not a great run home when inevitably busy and typically icy, much better earlier in the day ... have you tried the sneaky toboggan run alternative?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
('@Timmycb5, ')

couldn't see anything to stabilise, but this was my first 'stab' at using any app.
I think it is based on a photo editing app with extra bits added in. The original clip was quite a lot longer, as it included another run down from Planinkopf and walking in and out of the restaurant. I ended up cutting/trimming/slicing etc to make it a short as I could.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pisteoff wrote:
Ah yes, not a great run home when inevitably busy and typically icy, much better earlier in the day ... have you tried the sneaky toboggan run alternative?

Odd, can't say I've ever found 37 own from Paznauner Thaya to be either that busy or that icy. OK the very bottom bit from middle station down where you join 1 can be but hardly shocking that the lowest part of the run back to the village, right above the village is both icy and busy at the end of the day - and applies to most valley village resorts (certainly Le Stade in Morzine or Vieux Chene in Les Gets can get like that).

That said we don't tend to do 37 very often because of that blooming flat section above middle station. Not what you really need at any point in the day, least of all at the end when the legs are feeling it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pisteoff wrote:

What sneaky toboggan run bit - lower down the road separates briefly from the piste - is that the bit you mean (he/she went that way)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

What sneaky toboggan run bit - lower down the road separates briefly from the piste - is that the bit you mean (he/she went that way)

oops, I was clumsy / hasty / dumb in my note. thinking about run 1 down from Idalp, rather than 37 from PT (which as pointed out above does have a long flat section)
The toboggan run is off limits for skiers ... but the piste 1 can get horrendous at 4pm, hence the sneaky alternative.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pisteoff wrote:
Quote:

oops, I was clumsy / hasty / dumb in my note. thinking about run 1 down from Idalp, rather than 37 from PT (which as pointed out above does have a long flat section)
The toboggan run is off limits for skiers ... but the piste 1 can get horrendous at 4pm, hence the sneaky alternative.

I've hardly ever skiied down piste 1 at the end of the day for that reason - either download (if at a hotel near a lift) or go down 37 (with its T bar) - lots of hotels near the ends of its 4 tentacles

Ah - I see the toboggan run next to 1 now
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I almost always ski down and can't say I've had any real issues - at least not since progressing from 'intermediate' to 'good' skier.

Yes it can get busy - but I'd say that applies to most resorts with basically road runs home (I seem to remember the home run into Sauze d'Oulx being similar).
Yes it can get ice, especially lower down and at the end of the season when you get daytime melt/night-time refreeze - but again same for other resorts in a similar situation/time of season (Le Stade in Morzine for example).

The main issue in Ischgl is that, despite being clearly graded a red the people who've spent the whole day only skiing blues because they don't like reds decide to ski home - and when it's cut up at the end of the day 1 and the bottom of 1A are actually quite dark reds.

Generally if you're a good skiier drop in to the wide steep sections early on as less confident skiiers tend to slide along the top looking for a flat section (that hasn't existed since 2pm). And when faced with the choice of following the red or taking one of the black corner cuts, take the black (where you can sometimes still find corduroy from last night's bashing at 4pm so easier to ski than the busy, cut up red).

As for ice, well that's what your edges are for!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All of Ischgl's runs to the village can get a little hazardous at the end of the day (maybe it the on-mountain hospitality at Taja, and Idalp, Vider alp). To be honest, I don't really mind, as helps me focus and in fact often enjoy the runs back down. There are enough ways down to offer variety so that it doesn't become a chore.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
See had a really good rundown to the village, it is always enjoyable.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy