Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti superski 2021/2

Poster: A snowHead
While I think of it do you need to make sure the name on your lift pass exactly matches what is on the nhs Covid pass? Things like middle names? Does it check that when you upload it in the morning?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have posted this elsewhere but it might be useful here.

as from 10th Jan you will definitely need a super green pass to use any ski lift, info from the website below as of 7th Jan, my bold

https://www.trentinomarketing.org/it/trentino-suite/vacanze-sicure-landing-pages/travelling-safely/

What are the rules for access to cableways?
The rules for accessing the cable lifts require:

requirement to wear an FFP2 face mask on all closed ski-lift facilities (cableways, gondola lifts, chairlifts with closed windscreen domes)
possession of COVID-19 Green Certificate for 'enclosed' lifts (cable cars, gondola lifts and chairlifts, when used with the windscreens closed). - from 10 January 2022 Reinforced COVID-19 Green Certificate mandatory for all types of ski lifts
maintaining the interpersonal distance of no less than 1 metre on the way in and out
Facilities will operate at 100% for chairlifts, 80% for cable cars, gondola lifts and chairlifts, when used with the windscreens closed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

from 10 January 2022 Reinforced COVID-19 Green Certificate mandatory for all types of ski lifts

Just to be sure I understand this, I believe this means that for anyone over 12 only those who can prove they are vaccinated or have recovered from Covid will be able to use the enclosed chairlifts / gondolas. Negative testing will no longer be an option.

OOPS. I missed the 'All types of lifts' bit. So not even open chairlifts, tow ropes etc?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Petra, Interesting point. In the past, I've just added the lift pass number to my Dolomitie app. The names didn't match, and probably not cross referenced as no need.

Nobody yet reporting any problems, so assume it's not a problem.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
olderscot wrote:
Quote:

from 10 January 2022 Reinforced COVID-19 Green Certificate mandatory for all types of ski lifts

Just to be sure I understand this, I believe this means that for anyone over 12 only those who can prove they are vaccinated or have recovered from Covid will be able to use the enclosed chairlifts / gondolas. Negative testing will no longer be an option.

OOPS. I missed the 'All types of lifts' bit. So not even open chairlifts, tow ropes etc?

And staying in hotels …. We discussed this a couple of pages ago, but haven’t seen any mention of uk tour operators contacting people to notify them, so has this been interpreted differently?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In a burst of Confidence that Covid will start to reduce shortly, I have just booked a week in the Dolomites (with Crystal ) Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pejoli wrote:

And staying in hotels …. We discussed this a couple of pages ago, but haven’t seen any mention of uk tour operators contacting people to notify them, so has this been interpreted differently?

coincidentally in the last 24 hrs we've had 2 mails from Crystal for our trip in 3 weeks. Neither explicitly mention this however they link to their Covid page and in their Italy Covid table it does state (my bold)

"Until 31 March 2022, Italy is using the Super Green Pass which you’ll need
to show to enter most enclosed public spaces in Italy – like hotels,
restaurants, bars, public transport and outdoor facilities including restaurants
and ski lifts
. Your Super Green Pass is proof of your vaccination status."
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@albob, where are you heading to? If it is your first time, let me tell u , you have made an excellent choice.
We are Flying tomorrow , all packed and ready to go. So excited , it snowed last week, this week should be more or less sunny, now just hoping for quiet slopes. We stopped going to the Dolomites because of the overcrowding and I really missed the views, the skiing and the food. First thing I am going to have are the bread balls in broth. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Week 7 of the Dolomite season starts tomorrow. 1486 kms of runs and 434 lifts are now open. The sun is shining, the temperature is minus 10c at 2300m and the pistes look superb on the webcams.
The GEFS weather model shows good agreement for a fairly settled and cool week. Have great fun if you are heading out !

https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c14486/

https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c14219/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Harrow lady, Errrrrr - First visit about 1995 !!!! snowHead :: going to Selva for the umpteenth time....

I have seen your posts, but cannot recall which village you are staying in..?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@albob, lovely Selva, had a nice time there ,we were based in hotel Armin and it was excellent. I am going to San cassiano in Alta badia. I have back problems and two slipped discs ,I can only do very gentle skiing, but I am determined not to give up. Have a lovely time when you are going.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stayed in the Armin several years ago -- Superb hotel ;: I also stayed in San Cass once, right on the slope (Froshinn?).

You must report back on Snow conditions and the 'Covid/Green Pass' thing .....
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quick heads up re the VerifaC19 app

Just downloaded my latest NHS QR code for the Bbash and tried to verify it in the app

The app now has a third option to scan, (specifically for the booster I think), but you need to update the app for it to work.
Straight forward. you just have to press the accept button.
Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still busy on the webcams yesterday. The week coming should be quieter as the Italians go back to work.

https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c12258/
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey

First time in the dolomites.

In selva right now. There are literally 100s of hotels and about 3 bars and one apres place.

The whole town is like a ghost town, and where are all the bars to drink at ?

Is this the usual or am I missing something?
ski holidays
Sarny wrote:
Hey

First time in the dolomites.

In selva right now. There are literally 100s of hotels and about 3 bars and one apres place.

The whole town is like a ghost town, and where are all the bars to drink at ?

Is this the usual or am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. There's La Stua for "apres" plus Bar Saltos next to the ski school and Kronstube. That's pretty much it. It's not a party town, let's put it that way...

I have to ask, though: Were you expecting something different?
ski holidays
The apres is next to kronstube yeah ?

No I wasn't expecting a party town, I guess I've just never had to search so hard for bars I guess ? Especially for such a large town, I don't ever try to go to party towns but for this size, under 5 bars is kinda weird right ?
latest report
The apres is next to kronstube yeah ?

No I wasn't expecting a party town, I guess I've just never had to search so hard for bars I guess ? Especially for such a large town, I don't ever try to go to party towns but for this size, under 5 bars is kinda weird right ?
snow conditions
Just to add : the Goalies bar (was an irish bar, now called Greens) :: The places mentioned are usually heaving ; I suspect the 'bug' has killed any apres..
snow report
This sounds about right
Luislkeller The apres is next to kronstube yeah ?
La Stua for "apres" near the glass bridge
Bar Saltos next to the ski school
Kronestube
Goalies bar (was an irish bar, now called Greens)

Then there's the hotel bars, such as;
Bar Oswald
Bar Aaritz
and restaurants and pizzerias

The virus will have quietened things down and we found the Italian influence meant people were out later and it's more restaurant based.
ski holidays
An update from Alta Badia. After having stressed with tests (timing mainly, took mine at 13.30 , landed in AT 13, no room for delays) the travelling was beyond smooth. At Innsbruck the guy only wanted to see that we were negative. Didn’t check times or dates. The lady at the check in in Gatwick was very strict , not sure if she would have accepted a lateral rather than a pcr.
The slopes are empty and the snow fantastic. We did 45km yesterday and really had good time. At one point , we were the only one on the piste. Totally amazing.
Matching COVID pass with the ski card takes a minute, really straight forward. Masks are used everywhere. Got used straightaway .
Green pass was not asked in the huts on the mountain.

Eastern European are missing this time around and we have been told that German government imposes to its citizens 5 days quarantine when coming back from Italy. They have had lots of cancellations because of this new policy and they are all hoping things will improve shortly.
Goulash soup 11 e, canerdali 9 e, bombardino 3.5 e, spritz and beers 5 e. Still very reasonable I think.
Apres ski 1 bar, is enough for us. In town they will not serve u without the pass.
Hope it helps if u are going shortly.
snow report
@Harrow lady, Nice one,,,
ski holidays
@Harrow lady, thanks for the update. Who did you fly with ?
snow conditions
@Harrow lady, Nice to get a report that mentions the skiing etc
We have decided to go for the pcr even though you can currently transit Austria with a lft just don't want the hassle.
We are heading for Arabba but will head for Alta Badia a few times
Thinking currently we will pass on the Marmolade this time just not keen on the traditional cable cars up there which I'm never a fan off even if 80%capacity they will be unpleasant I think.
OK with the normal bubbles and there is plenty places to ski
Will just be happy if we get back on the snow again.
snow conditions
albob wrote:
Just to add : the Goalies bar (was an irish bar, now called Greens) :: The places mentioned are usually heaving ; I suspect the 'bug' has killed any apres..

Went here last night 4 people in there and I was in a group of three..haven't seen more than 5 in there since Sunday.
snow report
I’m going solo to Alba this Saturday for my first visit to this area, any must do runs that I should try which won’t be too hard to find, would hate to get lost or stuck in the wrong valley Eh oh! , is the signposting fairly easy to navigate? Any advice on this area would be very much appreciated
snow conditions
So....sella Ronda, which was anti or clockwise ?

Clockwise from dantercerpies or anti from the campinoni lift ? Any real differences ?
ski holidays
Clockwise - bit more challenging and misses out the flat section through 'the city of rocks'
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rizzotherock wrote:
, would hate to get lost

I'm sure you will get lost at some point.
There are lots of signs though sometimes are a bit confusing
The thing that can cause a real problem is if the weather changes during the day and slow or close the high lifts. It has only happened to us once when we got around to Selva and had to backtrack.
Info boards at the lifts give warnings if lifts may close etc

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 10-01-22 23:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Sarny, @rizzotherock, How many days are you there? clockwise one day, anti the next. Plenty of time to take in any side shoots you want to try.

Once you've done it both ways, you will have an idea of timings, so can start to explore a little bit.

Eidelweis valley is worth a trip (Colfosco).

So is Alpe di Suisi. Drop down the run behind Comici1 lift, bus ride up the valley, tour of the area. Return via the newly reopened run down to Ortisei local bus back to St Christina, and home.

Plenty of time to get over to La Villa. Couple of nice runs over there. (red and Black) below the Grand Risa lift.

You should even have time to visit the Church at Santa Croce. lovely run back down, with a couple of nice places for lunch.

Some fantastic runs down to St Christina and Val Gardena. These are some of the steepest runs in the area, Including the Sasslong red and black.

Enjoy. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
rizzotherock wrote:
I’m going solo to Alba this Saturday for my first visit to this area, any must do runs that I should try which won’t be too hard to find, would hate to get lost or stuck in the wrong valley Eh oh! , is the signposting fairly easy to navigate? Any advice on this area would be very much appreciated

A little video guide to the area from our very own Cameron Phillips (or it could be his son...)

http://youtube.com/v/m0bjXnhGJ9Q
ski holidays
Thanks for the advice so far, great video as well, will try that first day as a warm up, I’ll be skiing for 6 days so would like to see as much as I can.
snow conditions
@albob, Thanks for that. Was planning a trip over to Viga this year.
snow conditions
rizzotherock wrote:

pop over to St Cristina, you can take the Saaslong world cup run (black) if that's your thing or there's alternative red to get there from the SR. At the bottom walk 100 m or so across the car park (there is also a magic carpet thingy), take the funicular through the hill, go up to Seceda and take the beautiful run down to Ortisei. IIRC it's ca 10km non stop and has a lovely range of skiing. Open pistes, narrower gorges and even a frozen waterfall. We're not fast skiers but did this as a side trip when doing the SR one day from Cannazei. We loved it so much we had to go back. and will definitely do it again this season

It's semi famous but not so much that it's busy ! there are videos on you tube e.g.

http://youtube.com/v/rCWWRDIkkK8

edit - just a note when you see signs to the 'alternative SR' this is via blacks, if you don't fancy that just keeping going down hill and you'll be on the standard SR. IMO that's the worst signposted element.
snow report
@Garfield, @richb67, we flew with Titan Airways. If I was with tui I would have gone for a lateral but this time around didn’t want to risk it.
Did Colfosco ( the view from the Forcelles run … breathtaking), corvara and part of arabba yesterday. Corvara n 1 run is stunning , totally forgot how good it was. Give it a go Garfield if u are coming this way. The connecting run between Alta and Arabba (sella red route) was totally spoiled by the end of the day. Really hate moguls! All other runs were nicely groomed. Corvara town was busy . people are very conscious of social distancing , naturally there are some queues but overall did not wait longer than 3 min. Did all the travelling by our self only shared 1 gondola so far and I feel very safe when compared to London Underground .

We are debating whether to go to the marmolada or not. I have never done it and I don’t know if it is too much for my capabilities .
Today we are doing Hidden Valley/Laguzoi . Will report on the costs of going and coming back.
snow report
Hi all,

Great reports thank you, keep them coming!!!

We arrive in Colfosco on saturday - can’t wait!

Couple of questions if i may, first one ski related;

Is it possible to ski on blues from Colfosco to Selva then on to Ortisei for an early intermediate (OH) - to access Alp di Susi? It looks a long way, is it worth it?

Secondly - Covid question;

The super green pass it’s been advised before on snowheads in travel to Italy thread, is not needed if you have the NHS app with QR codes, yet on this thread it seems you definitely need it?
When I last tried the green pass app it’s only in Italian?

We have the dolomiti app all loaded to link our lift passes but would really like to know definitively about the green pass app.

Thanks
latest report
Harrow lady wrote:

Today we are doing Hidden Valley/Laguzoi . Will report on the costs of going and coming back.

Thanks will keep an eye out ready for our trip.
snow report
neilkav wrote:
Hi all,

Secondly - Covid question;

The super green pass it’s been advised before on snowheads in travel to Italy thread, is not needed if you have the NHS app with QR codes, yet on this thread it seems you definitely need it?
When I last tried the green pass app it’s only in Italian?

We have the dolomiti app all loaded to link our lift passes but would really like to know definitively about the green pass app.

Thanks

The Italian green pass app : If it is VerificaC19 then that is not something that stores your records or QR code. It is the app that I understand is in use in Italy by anyone (hotel / cafe / etc) who wants to check that you are vaccinated. It scans the QR code that you have on your phone / device / paper and if all is OK then it gives a green tick.
I believe (for goodness sake don't rely on my "say so") that the NHS QR code is acceptable proof.

What I have done is to get my NHS app with QR codes (only valid for 30 days but updates every time you refresh / log in) and take a screenshot of the NHS QR code for travel (not domestic) and then sent that screenshot to a colleague. I have then used the Italian VerificaC19 app to scan the screenshotted QR code of my own. It gives me a nice green tick.

If you need assistance on what buttons to press on the VerificaC19 app then ask - I am pushed for time and can't set it out here without checking. there are different levels of "check" though - standard green pass and super green pass
snow report
@neilkav, The apps ::
NHS one is acceptable - but it takes several clicks to get to the right page
---
The Italian green pass (icon is a wallet) shows the QR code as soon as you open the app - but it is all in Italian (greenpass Italia)
---
The Eu green pass (icon is a white tick on green) shows the QR code as soon as you open the app and it is in English (greenpass)
---
The verificac19 is only for verifying that your QR code is correct and is not really needed by the tourist (but nice to know that your code works!)

=======

"Is it possible to ski on blues from Colfosco to Selva then on to Ortisei for an early intermediate (OH) - to access Alp di Susi? It looks a long way, is it worth it?"

On blues - no, and (in my opinion) not worth it ; go the other way towards Corvara and hit the 'Blue' heaven that is Alta Badia
latest report
[/quote]

We are debating whether to go to the marmolada or not. I have never done it and I don’t know if it is too much for my capabilities .
Today we are doing Hidden Valley/Laguzoi . Will report on the costs of going and coming back.[/quote]

The Marmolada is a great ski and stunning views
Only bit we find hard is the first run coming back to Arabba (under the two man chair which is a bit narrow and gets bumpy later in the day.
It's just the cable cars up that's a bit of a concern but if you are used to the underground they will feel specious. Shocked
Hidden Valley is nice but a bit of a victim of it's fame but you really can't not do it,

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 11-01-22 11:03; edited 3 times in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy