Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

COVID testing for travelling Eurotunnel on Boxing Day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have arranged an independent ski trip & are booked to travel via Euro tunnel by car on Boxing Day to Val d’isere . Whilst us adults are double jabbed & can travel freely to France & can download the French COVID passport to allow us to visit restaurants etc my kids ( aged 12 & 15) will only be single jabbed by then & so will require a negative COVID test to enter France & then regular tests once we are there in order to be out & about in restaurants etc.

My first question is if anybody has found a way to test either on Boxing Day morning or Christmas Day ( as test needs to be taken within 24hours of travel) in London or nearby?

Secondly, does anybody know how we go about organising testing in the ski resort, do we/ can we book the tests in advance or is it a matter of turning up at a pharmacy?

Thanks for your help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd wait a bit! Everything will change before you go. Hopefully in a good way Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the recommendations of fellow SHs we bought antigen tests from these guys https://www.c19testing.co.uk and it worked very well for our return from France and Germany last week-effectively you take the test, photo the test cassette with the reference number on it, together with passport and email it to the company who verify and issue the certificate. Though they said they would return results within 12 hours of being submitted, we had ours certified in 3hrs. Also-if its not too far out of your way, my guess is that by Christmas Gatwick airport will have the local testing companies set up to cover the requirements for departures to France over the relevant Christmas days. We've used Expresstest there and it's all very efficient, though currently they wouldn't necessarily meet the 24 hr window.

Maybe there will be something at the tunnel by then too!

But, as others say, who knows what the requirements might be by then. In Val d., I bet they will have testing readily available too for people in your position.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Averagejoe, we are going at Christmas - kids aged 14 and 16. I haven't considered anything as yet because as others said who knows what the rules will be in 11.5 weeks time.

I assume (wrongly perhaps) provision will be made should it be required. Despite it being December 25th for most in resort it will still be changeover day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We will be keeping an eye on this also, we are looking at getting the eurostar late Xmas evening, hotel in calais and drive to Cham on boxing day. As others have said it could all change in the next 3 months testing wise so that's the bit I havnt planned for yet but whatever happens, I expect there will be companies providing the required services if there is money to be made.

The good thing with covid is, there is accommodation offering free cancelation upto 24 hrs before checkin if it all goes Pete Tong nearer the time. Silver linings and all that. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're going to be in a similar "boat", due to fly out on Boxing Day morning, with two teens.

I'm hoping that either:
a) The rules have changed by then.
b) The Randox on-site testing at Stansted is going to be staffed on Christmas Day and/or Boxing Day early enough to use it and get results back before going to Luton!
c) One of the testing providers that oversees and certifies LFD tests via a video call will be staffed on Christmas Day.
d) Something else miraculously solves this problem for me!

For the moment, it's a watch-and-wait situation though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy