Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiers in northern ireland

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there all, ive just joined up an was wondering if there is anybody or ski groups from northern ireland or ireland. Looking to meet some new friends and get back to skiing were i feel most alive. Maybe we could organise a trip for 2022.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Join a bash:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=52715

It'll be hard to form a new group, so joining an existing one is prob easiest, and the Bashes are great value too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are a few of us sloshing about here.

BTW. Welcome aboard.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might enjoy a listen to this interview from Episode 77 when I chatted to some of your compatriots who did some lockdown skiing in the Morne Mountains and Errigal - https://audioboom.com/posts/7920879-77-skiing-in-northern-ireland-olympic-spirit-patrouille-des-glaciers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah thought about joining a bash sounds like fun thanks for the advice guys.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Flights plus 23kg bag BFS - GVA return 95 quid for the PSB on 4th Dec. Why wait until 2022? Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If the skiers of NI&I are as fun and together as their professional golfers, can I join you? If I could golf with anybody from anywhere it'd be Rory, with Graeme, Shane and Darren close behind.

What is the secret? (I suspect their parents are just as nice and, being so, made sure their kids were, too). Regardless, some good dudes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@spacetrucker, makes a good point snowHead

...and Welcome to snowHeads @Itsmylifeagain32 snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As long as you drink alcohol yeah we are all pretty much the same haha
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scooter in Seattle,

My parents nice mmmm if i wasnt polite or well mannered then id get beaten with the bible hahaha Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Itsmylifeagain32, sure you're not from Texas? Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scooter in Seattle wrote:

In some regards NI isn't too far off Texas but a bit greener.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Haha yeah whichever side of the fence
Your from strict god fearing parents was always a common ground haha
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here's another newbie! Keen to hear about any NI ski trips. Missed last year.....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What's the craic with these bashes? Anyone from NI been?
snow report
Laughing yes, quite a few, but I'll let them speak for themselves Toofy Grin

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
@admin, Thanks, that's good of you!

@Piste Again I've done a few now. They're pretty full of really boring English people, but you do find the odd gem amongst them! Twisted Evil

As a member of the most fun nationality you'll find you're in great demand for apres activities, and in order to uphold our reputation you should never say no! Laughing

Slightly more seriously, they're great fun. There are lots of solo travellers so everyone is v approachable and welcoming. There's generally a good mix of abilities, and nationalities - I've met and had great craic with English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Israeli, American and a Lebanese/Cypriot.

I struggle to find friends who want to ski as many times a year as I do, and as long each day once there as well. Snowheads bashes have solved that problem, and are great value too. My skiing ability has improved a lot since I started. There are very novice skiers, cautious skiers, advanced piste skiers, novice off piste skiers and off piste addicts. Something for everyone.
ski holidays
@Tom Doc, Never say what? (hoho)

Don't be too hard on the English. I blame the 99% that give the others a bad name wink

I've been at this skiing lark on and off for over forty years now and would be classed as a stubborn non-improver!

I love cruising the reds all day with an occassional short wake-up black run thrown into the mix; would usually do Soldeu with a few lads a couple of times a year but sadly the personnel are dwindling as time goes on so maybe time to look a bit farther...

I have a mate who's mad keen but a total novice as in never even had boots on his feet; would you, as an experienced basher, consider it a suitable trip for the likes of he?
latest report
@Piste Again, The Bashes are all different, I think there are some that would suit a total beginner although I haven't been on any of them. I'd say if he did a few lessons at Craigavon then he'd be fine. You could start a new thread along the lines of 'Which Bash for a beginner?'. There's a Snowhead called Auldbugger who started as a beginner in his sixties and goes every year. I think on one of the February bashes.

There's always someone to ski with, no matter your level or ambitions. I don't think you'll regret it.
snow report
@Tom Doc, I think you're right; the only ski trips I've ever regretted are the ones I missed.

The expectation is that I'll take my mate along with me on a trip to somewhere that'll school him while I ski with the other lads so Soldeu was in the frame as the school is good whilst the resort offers 200km+ quite literally on the doorstep.

In truth we've become very lazy in recent years just going back to the same place without having to think too much so it's time to broaden the view and the bashes do sound like the dog's bits!

Would be nice to travel out with a few countrymen too if that were an option. Anyone else out there from this wee part of the world?

Thank you for your input in any case. Some serious thinking to be done now.....
snow conditions
Look at the Birthday Bashes - there's the main one, a pre one and a post one, and also the End of Season Bash. One of them will probably suit.
ski holidays
Scooter in Seattle wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy