Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eater 2022 - Touch wood

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good evening,

We've got flights booked for April 9th-16th next year. For the last 4 years, we've been to Tignes and loved it.
We're now thinking of a change but need guaranteed snow at that time of year.
Other than Val Thoren, is there anywhere else that guarantees snow at that time of year and is near'ish Geneva Airport.
There's 9 or 10 of us so good choice of accommodation would be good (mainly go for self-catering but catered chalet would be lovely)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paradiski
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Which resort would you recommend for Apre Ski. We've got a few youngsters with us, looking for a beer after the slopes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in Les Coches a could of years ago at Easter and the Pierres Blanches was a nice place to sit and have a few beers while the sun went down. You need to ski back afterwards though, which may or may not appeal. There seemed to be quite a lively crowd by Le Bonnet in Plagne Bellcote as there was a pond outside and youngsters were skiing through it, to much cheering....
I think you can do afternoon drinks at the Forperet just above Montalbert but it's been quite a few years since I went.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mjh1972 wrote:
Thanks. Which resort would you recommend for Apre Ski. We've got a few youngsters with us, looking for a beer after the slopes

Sorry, I don't do apres.

We normally stay in Les Coches because of the links to both sides and because of the tree skiing in poor weather.

If you want to know what is best for apres ask on this thread or on this one
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mjh1972, we also go during easter school hols and have been to Paradiski, Avoriaz and Val Thorens. But Easter hols are a week or two later next year so to remove any worries about snow, we're going to Val Thorens for 2022. The vast majority of skiing is above 2300m so it's as snow-sure as they come. Plus the apres-ski is fantastic. Paradiski is a great area (I'm off there in Jan), and probably your next best bet after Tignes and Val Thorens, and the likelihood is that you'll be fine but it does have more skiing below 2000m so you will naturally hit softer, slushier snow more often if the temps are warm, as they can be at that time of year.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mjh1972 - don’t you dare correct this topic name - it makes me smile Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Trois Vallees, even a low down resort like La Tania keeps the home run going until the end of the season, then quick access to the high north facing slopes of Courchevel. for Easter the slope direction is as important as height.....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy
If I don't end up skiing, that's what they will rename me
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Grinning wrote:
@mjh1972 - don’t you dare correct this topic name - it makes me smile Very Happy

I was wondering whether this topic belongs in Apres Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Les Arcs seems to offer everything except the Apres bit. Although they are trying to introduce more of it as time goes on. If the Apres is important then you probably want to be on the La Plagne side.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Les Arcs is usually good snow wise at that time particularly if you base yourselves in Arc 2000 but if you want Apres ski you are probably better off going to Val Thorens.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy