Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2021 / 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Me and the family are so gutted about our trip over new year with fingers crossed we hope the 5th of February goes ahead.

It’s our first time skiing and I booked it last Christmas as a present.

We have decided to keep pushing back the dates as much as possible even if it means taking the kids out of school for the week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skied in Les Arcs a lot and thought I knew every run, even those that have been renamed recently. However, when looking at the Les Arcs web page today to see what was open. I came across this list of "iteneraires ski alpinisme" and with the exception of Les Granges, which may or may not be the old Vizelle piste I have no idea where they are.

Les Granges (00:00 - 23:59)
La Pierre Blanche 1 (08:30 - 15:45)TRACE PRATICABLE
La Pierre Blanche 2 (08:30 - 15:45)
La Verdache (08:30 - 15:45)TRACE ET PRATICABLE
Les Tetras (08:30 - 15:45)TRACE ET PRATICALBE

Does anyone know?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A quick Google and here you go..... https://en.lesarcs.com/ski-touring.html
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi all! I hope everyone is having an amazing time on the slopes.

I’ve had a disaster and lost my snowboard in Les Arcs.

I’ve asked in all the ski shops in Arcs 1600, plus the esf offices, tourist offices, and the Gendarmerie, no luck Sad

Any help or advice on what I might be able to do now would be hugely appreciated! Smile

Merci,
Will
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WillyF, lost or nicked?

When was the last time you had/saw it?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I’m guessing the Les Arcs regulars hang here most.
We’re heading to France next winter and will spend 4 weeks (Christmas, New Year and the next two) in a resort. We’ve decided on Les Arcs 1800 for a number of reasons.
Is there any preferred sector within 1800? Any to avoid? I have no perspective on size. Is all the accomodation pretty accessible?
We’re a family of 4 Australians - kids 15 and 17 so no worries with a stroll.
I’m keen to book an Airbnb place in the next few days while we have decent choice.
Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Some rumours that the ban on Brits entering France might be lifted this evening. I'm not holding by breath, but I am hopeful as 2nd trip is due to commence on 27th of Jan after 1st for New Year had to be abandoned.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sbooker wrote:
We’re heading to France next winter and will spend 4 weeks (Christmas, New Year and the next two) in a resort. We’ve decided on Les Arcs 1800 for a number of reasons.
Is there any preferred sector within 1800? Any to avoid? I have no perspective on size. Is all the accomodation pretty accessible?
I’m keen to book an Airbnb place in the next few days while we have decent choice.
Thanks in advance.
I'd maybe avoid Belle Challe apartments as it tends to be where a lot of the young seasonaires are housed and can be pretty rowdy, especially over Christmas and New Year.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 5-01-22 11:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Although I've only been back for 3 days, I'm keeping everything crossed for a cheeky weekend trip on the 20th Jan...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gilly76 wrote:
Although I've only been back for 3 days, I'm keeping everything crossed for a cheeky weekend trip on the 20th Jan...
Hope you had a wonderful time and that you manage to get back, as that should mean I can go on my trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sbooker wrote:
Thanks in advance.
In 1800 most of the accommodation is accessible, typically not much more than a short walk from shops and bars. Plenty offer ski in/out accommodation as well. Which part of 1800 are you thinking of?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sbooker, check the location of your accomodation on the map; some of the apartments in 1800 are a very long way below the first lift and it is a fair trek uphill. Some people even get the navette around to the first lift.

As to size I'd be looking for a place of at least 30m2 for 4 of you but then some people like a lot of space, whereas others are quite happy being close together. The size should be mentioned on the booking website.

I don't know about Airbnb but I doubt if much acommodation for the 22/23 season will be available yet. We rent out our apartment in 1600 when we are not there and will not be asked to confirm availability until May or June for the upcoming season. Almost no bookings come in until October. However, that is 1600 where almost all the visitors are French who IMHO never think about skiing until the nights start drawing in.

We are also planning to be in Les Arcs, but 1600, over Christmas/New Year 2022/3. Hope to see you there.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@sbooker, 1800 is a great place to be based as its easy to access all areas of the Arc ski area plus Paradiski. It also has a good free bus connection between all the villages - 2000, 1950, Vallandry, Peisey - plus the funicular down to Bourg ST Maurice that runs until about 11pm this season

1800 has a good range of restaurants, bars and shops plus has piste side partying at Folie Douce and some nights at L'arpette
There is a wide range of accommodation in 1800, all with easy piste access, including the new apartments up at Edenarc/Chantel

As @johnE points out, look at the accommodation size and layout if provided, to make sure it would fit your group
Some places are very small but were designed with beds everywhere, including corridors, so the indicated beds may not work for you on a practical level
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sbooker, as per @johnE wouldn't be booking until early October.

Any reason for using airbnb rather than agencies/direct? When I've looked there isn't a wide range and prices not particularly competitive.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We stayed in Edenarc a couple of seasons ago. V good. We had a 2 bed which was decent (although 4 in for 4 weeks might feel right). The Dahu gondola into town runs early to late and you're right on the slope (30 seconds downhill to the main lifts up to 2000+).

Only issue we had was they'd had freeze / thaw for a week beforehand so it was "interesting" conditions.
snow report
Quote:

There is a wide range of accommodation in 1800, all with easy piste access

I'm not sure I would want to be in those apartments or chalets below the main road. As I see it once you get out of the building, you have to walk across the road, take the lift up to the main 1800 area, walk across that then climb up to the lifts. I suspect it would take me and my dodgy knees a good 15 minutes to get there. Not my definition of easy access. That is why you see the skiers waiting for the navette to take them around to the Jardin d'Alpine lift. Actually the same could be said for the Plan Devin apartments in 1600. Personally I would avoid them.
latest report
wills_h wrote:
sbooker wrote:
Thanks in advance.
I'd maybe avoid Belle Challe apartments as it tends to be where a lot of the young seasonaires are housed and can be pretty rowdy, especially over Christmas and New Year.

Good tip. Thanks.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
sbooker wrote:
Thanks in advance.
In 1800 most of the accommodation is accessible, typically not much more than a short walk from shops and bars. Plenty offer ski in/out accommodation as well. Which part of 1800 are you thinking of?

I don't really know to be honest. I guess somewhere that is not a great hike from the lifts. We wouldn't mind a few minutes walk but wouldn't really want it to be a daily (twice daily) chore of course.
ski holidays
@JohnE
@Layne
@ipken
Good tips. Thanks. We'll look for something at or above the main road.
We've decided on Arc 1800 for most of the reasons ipken has identified. I like the idea of tree cover for low vis days. Accessibility to Bourg for groceries etc seems decent and my kids will like the idea of some entertainment of a late afternoon and early evening. I believe there is a pool/fitness centre too which will be a bonus.

I assumed lodging would book up quickly and I had no idea there were 'agencies' that do rentals to be honest. And I didn't know that accommodation is not released until later in the year.
I got to looking on Airbnb and I was pleasantly surprised at the rates. It seems there are decent self contained places available for about $4000 to $5000aud (2150 to 2700 GBP) for the four week period. The period includes Christmas and New Year weeks. This is for an apartment that sleeps 5. (I searched for 5 even though there is only 4 of us figuring it would give us a bit more space). Does this price seem typical? Or am I missing something?
My only other experience is renting through booking.com.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/Les-Arcs--Savoie/homes?tab_id=home_tab&refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&flexible_trip_dates%5B%5D=february&flexible_trip_dates%5B%5D=january&flexible_trip_lengths%5B%5D=weekend_trip&date_picker_type=calendar&query=Les%20Arcs%2C%20Savoie&place_id=ChIJ-S4LvwVviUcR1ldlyL2j5tA&checkin=2022-12-15&checkout=2023-01-14&flexible_date_search_filter_type=3&adults=5&source=structured_search_input_header&search_type=user_map_move&ne_lat=45.57135038929506&ne_lng=6.785792856900343&sw_lat=45.566205526042104&sw_lng=6.774817257611403&zoom=17&search_by_map=true&price_max=5500

And specifically -
https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/6262976?adults=5&check_in=2022-12-17&check_out=2023-01-16&display_extensions%5B0%5D=MONTHLY_STAYS&federated_search_id=6f9a7b3a-2b4c-477b-85fe-f162eeb6f351&source_impression_id=p3_1641426063_2hHdb7vX7uABRmbN&guests=1

Any help with this stuff is appreciated. It would be disappointing to lob in France and discover we're a month in lodging that is poor.
snow conditions
Any ideas of the accommodation costs I posted above are going rate? Or too expensive?
Thanks.
ski holidays
@sbooker, how big is it? I don't seem to be able to find the information on the website. Have a look at the normal resort booking pages and take the price for the the highest quote for Febuary to find the price for the New year week. Take roughly 80% of that for the Christmas week and about half for the next two weeks of January. Plot a graph of the total price against floor area for every property you can find in 1800. Add your prospective property to the graph and see where it fits. Adjust the ratios and exchange rate for sensistivity analysis.

The trouble is you are looking so far ahead is that it impossible to come up with an accurate price.
For letting agencies see https://en.lesarcs.com/ski-accommodation-les-arcs/letting-agencies.html or simply https://en.lesarcs.com/ski-accommodation-les-arcs/
snow report
Thanks @johnE
A rough calculation suggests between 2000 and 3000 euro for something that sleeps 4 for that particular 4 week period is about right. (Depending on quality of accommodation of course).
ski holidays
@sbooker, I know you have chosen 1800 for reasons that have been well documented above, but given the length of your stay and your need to access Bourg for groceries etc. I wonder have you considered actually staying in Bourg itself? The Funicular really is a wonderful thing; I had never used it until I had to visit my wife in hospital daily following an accident one year - its literally 8 minutes from Town to slopes and it dumps you out right on the snow next to 2 lifts. You can probably find storage for your gear somewhere near to the Funi station in Bourg, meaning a long(er) walk from accommodation to the station would be less of an issue as you're not carting your gear. I don't personally know if you get more choice / space / value-for-money down in Bourg, but something to consider?

You could always split your stay in 2. Stay in-resort for Christmas and New Year and move down to Bourg in January?

I can't really comment on prices, but if you are looking for an upper-end, check-out the prices in 1950; its commonly acknowledged as the more 'up-market' resort due to being more 'pretty', so usually commands the highest prices like-for-like across the 5 resorts on mountain.

In terms of 'agencies' have you also looked on VRBO? Its an Airbnb type site for home-owners to rent out their holiday homes; used to be something called 'home away', but was taken over / rebranded. Existed way before airbnb did. Not sure whether you have it in Aus. They have a good selection around Bourg and in the various resorts.
ski holidays
sbooker wrote:
Thanks @johnE
A rough calculation suggests between 2000 and 3000 euro for something that sleeps 4 for that particular 4 week period is about right. (Depending on quality of accommodation of course).
My guess is that apartments going for the lower end of that price range for a 4 week rental, including the peak Christmas and New Year weeks, are going to be on the small side. Do you know how large and/or how many bedrooms you would be looking at in that price range?
snow report
sbooker wrote:
I assumed lodging would book up quickly

To be fair peak weeks (Feb school holidays and New Year week) it does. I don't go those weeks but even so my understanding is early October would be sufficient to book. Having said all that yours is a bit of a special case in that you are looking to book for a month and you want to be in the same place for a month rather than moving around so maybe prudent to try and sort something out early if you can.

sbooker wrote:
and I had no idea there were 'agencies' that do rentals to be honest.

List for Les Arcs here. Search for accommodation yourself here. Agencies will speak English so you can email/call. Most owners will too.

sbooker wrote:
I got to looking on Airbnb and I was pleasantly surprised at the rates. It seems there are decent self contained places available for about $4000 to $5000aud (2150 to 2700 GBP) for the four week period. The period includes Christmas and New Year weeks. This is for an apartment that sleeps 5. (I searched for 5 even though there is only 4 of us figuring it would give us a bit more space). Does this price seem typical? Or am I missing something?

https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/Les-Arcs--Savoie/homes?tab_id=home_tab&refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&flexible_trip_dates%5B%5D=february&flexible_trip_dates%5B%5D=january&flexible_trip_lengths%5B%5D=weekend_trip&date_picker_type=calendar&query=Les%20Arcs%2C%20Savoie&place_id=ChIJ-S4LvwVviUcR1ldlyL2j5tA&checkin=2022-12-15&checkout=2023-01-14&flexible_date_search_filter_type=3&adults=5&source=structured_search_input_header&search_type=user_map_move&ne_lat=45.57135038929506&ne_lng=6.785792856900343&sw_lat=45.566205526042104&sw_lng=6.774817257611403&zoom=17&search_by_map=true&price_max=5500

And specifically -
https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/6262976?adults=5&check_in=2022-12-17&check_out=2023-01-16&display_extensions%5B0%5D=MONTHLY_STAYS&federated_search_id=6f9a7b3a-2b4c-477b-85fe-f162eeb6f351&source_impression_id=p3_1641426063_2hHdb7vX7uABRmbN&guests=1

The specific example looks good value as it says 1800 Euros for the 4 weeks and I would expect to pay 500 for the first of those weeks in Les Coches in a smaller place (one double/sofa bed, 2 bunks). The place looks recently renovated and modern - and positioned reasonably well too. I've used airbnb a couple of times (in Italy and UK) but usually for shorter bespoke stays. No reason not to take this place from what I can see.
latest report
@sbooker, A quick search on the various booking sites show that a 4 person studio can be half the price of a 2 bedroom place. Size matters. Personally I'd be a tad cautious of booking somewhere that doesn't tell you how big the place is other than how many beds there are in it.

That is why I reccomend calculating rates per m2

BTW I would expect your booking agents to have worked out a fairly competative price for the booking. You will be paying to a large extent for what you get. And even though I have a place in 1600 I agree that 1800 is more or less the centre of Les Arcs. For example we catch the bus there sometime to visit the swimming pool complex. I have even been known to be seen skiing back to 1600 with the evening meals shopping stuffed into my jacket (I have no idea why).
latest report
@johnE, to be fair I can pretty much figure out stuff by eye in the photos.
snow report
yllen wrote:
@sbooker, I know you have chosen 1800 for reasons that have been well documented above, but given the length of your stay and your need to access Bourg for groceries etc. I wonder have you considered actually staying in Bourg itself? The Funicular really is a wonderful thing; I had never used it until I had to visit my wife in hospital daily following an accident one year - its literally 8 minutes from Town to slopes and it dumps you out right on the snow next to 2 lifts. You can probably find storage for your gear somewhere near to the Funi station in Bourg, meaning a long(er) walk from accommodation to the station would be less of an issue as you're not carting your gear. I don't personally know if you get more choice / space / value-for-money down in Bourg, but something to consider?

You could always split your stay in 2. Stay in-resort for Christmas and New Year and move down to Bourg in January?

I can't really comment on prices, but if you are looking for an upper-end, check-out the prices in 1950; its commonly acknowledged as the more 'up-market' resort due to being more 'pretty', so usually commands the highest prices like-for-like across the 5 resorts on mountain.

In terms of 'agencies' have you also looked on VRBO? Its an Airbnb type site for home-owners to rent out their holiday homes; used to be something called 'home away', but was taken over / rebranded. Existed way before airbnb did. Not sure whether you have it in Aus. They have a good selection around Bourg and in the various resorts.

I see the advantages of staying in the valley. We typically do just that when skiing in North America and Japan. Staying on snow will be better for the kids as they'll have the easy option of ducking back 'home' for an hour or two if they wish to.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
sbooker wrote:
Thanks @johnE
My guess is that apartments going for the lower end of that price range for a 4 week rental, including the peak Christmas and New Year weeks, are going to be on the small side. Do you know how large and/or how many bedrooms you would be looking at in that price range?

I agree they won't be huge. Typically between 30 and 40 square metres. It appears most have a room with a double bed and then another room (sometimes adjoined to the living area) with two bunks. Some have the two bedrooms. I'm happy to pay a bit more for a bigger space.
latest report
Layne wrote:
sbooker wrote:
I assumed lodging would book up quickly

To be fair peak weeks (Feb school holidays and New Year week) it does. I don't go those weeks but even so my understanding is early October would be sufficient to book. Having said all that yours is a bit of a special case in that you are looking to book for a month and you want to be in the same place for a month rather than moving around so maybe prudent to try and sort something out early if you can.

sbooker wrote:
and I had no idea there were 'agencies' that do rentals to be honest.

List for Les Arcs here. Search for accommodation yourself here. Agencies will speak English so you can email/call. Most owners will too.

sbooker wrote:

And specifically -

The specific example looks good value as it says 1800 Euros for the 4 weeks and I would expect to pay 500 for the first of those weeks in Les Coches in a smaller place (one double/sofa bed, 2 bunks). The place looks recently renovated and modern - and positioned reasonably well too. I've used airbnb a couple of times (in Italy and UK) but usually for shorter bespoke stays. No reason not to take this place from what I can see.

Thanks Layne. It gives me some comfort that someone that has experience with booking accommodation in this general area can suggest all looks good.
snow report
sbooker wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
sbooker wrote:
Thanks @johnE

I agree they won't be huge. Typically between 30 and 40 square metres. It appears most have a room with a double bed and then another room (sometimes adjoined to the living area) with two bunks. Some have the two bedrooms. I'm happy to pay a bit more for a bigger space.
At the smaller end of that size range the additional room might be just a space separated by a curtain from the main living area, with relatively little storage for clothes or skiwear. I’ve stayed in a couple of apartments that size and it would have felt a bit claustrophobic for an extended stay, but around 40m2 and I’d be comfortable for an extended stay.
ski holidays
@rob@rar, I woud agree totally with this. Personally I would avoid a studio for 4 people for 4 weeks and I even like the people I share with. Our 35m2 apartment is just acceptable for 4 people for 4 weeks, but even that is tight (a nearby laundry helps a lot and these exist in Arc1600 and I suspect 1800 as well). It is, however, the same size of apartment that some of my friends in eastern europe lived in their complete lives.

From the pictures supplied by @sbooker, it looks as if his or her perspective property has a balcony and lots of daylight which will help a lot.
latest report
Just Got back from Arc2000 today, and for a guy that always have been going to either Maurienne Valley, EK or Trois Vallee, I thought that this would be the year to try Paradiski. Boy have I been missing out. For a Big group this most be one of the best areas around, and I will be back. Had friends coming in from Paris, and the TGV straight to Bourg made it super easy.

A few notes:
Plusses:
1. Huge area that is well connected
2. A really good variety of pistes (not much offpiste due to lack of fresh snow)
3. Super easy to go from Les Arc to most places on La Plagne
4. Friendly staff in most places
5. Superb value compared to EK and 3V

Minuses:
1. Not all lifts are updated - Some really slow ones around
2. Never ever ARC2000 again - Belle Plagne or 1800/1950 next time
3. A lot of the pistes are below 1800 meters, so not ideal when in a warm period
4. Not a big variety of different kitchens
5. When warm weather, everyone decided to ski in the arc2000 bowl

Top tip: The Bulle Café in the arc2000 bowl, has exellent food on mountain, and you save at least 40% om the price in town!

Tip two: Live Music rock in The Belle Pints in 1950

I will return next year with the friends from Paris - 6 days isn’t really enough to explore this area!
snow conditions
Glad you liked Les Arcs @DanishRider. What was it you didn't like about Arc 2000? Was it the accommodation or the skiing?

I'm always amazed how busy the skiing is in the 2000 bowl, whereas the excellent red runs like Golf, Claire Blanc and Vagere, the other side of the ridge are virtually deserted. In terms of shear enjoyment Golf complete knocks the pants of the red from the Grand Col but gets perhaps a tenth of the traffic. I'm not sure why but may it long continue.

A lot of pistes being below the tree line and 1800m altitude is a plus point in bad weather. It gives more choice.

If a major plus point of Les Arcs is that you can get to La Plagne easier why not go to La Plagne?

Incidently, I don't mind the slow lifts. It's queues that I hate

A question for the regulars - what is your least favourite red in Les Arcs - mine is Secret (I much prefer its neighbour Combourciere). For obvious reasons I won't ask for the favourite.
latest report
johnE wrote:
Glad you liked Les Arcs @DanishRider. What was it you didn't like about Arc 2000? Was it the accommodation or the skiing?

I'm always amazed how busy the skiing is in the 2000 bowl, whereas the excellent red runs like Golf, Claire Blanc and Vagere, the other side of the ridge are virtually deserted. In terms of shear enjoyment Golf complete knocks the pants of the red from the Grand Col but gets perhaps a tenth of the traffic. I'm not sure why but may it long continue.

A lot of pistes being below the tree line and 1800m altitude is a plus point in bad weather. It gives more choice.

If a major plus point of Les Arcs is that you can get to La Plagne easier why not go to La Plagne?

Incidently, I don't mind the slow lifts. It's queues that I hate

A question for the regulars - what is your least favourite red in Les Arcs - mine is Secret (I much prefer its neighbour Combourciere). For obvious reasons I won't ask for the favourite.

You hit the nail on the head - 2000 is both busy, and the accomodation isn’t really updated. I spoke to an english fella at/in the elevator on the hotel, and he liked 2000 for the cheap accomodation, and from that point it makes sense. The “Mont Blanc” area between 2000 and 1800 have some really nice pistes, and also some controlled “nature” areas.

La Plagne is a Nice area to ski, but being located in 2000, I really didn’t see all of the La Plagne area.

I am not done with this area, and will return next year!
ski holidays
johnE wrote:

I went down Lac once by accident. Didn't enjoy it. Won't seek it out again!
snow report
@yllen, I can understand that. It is a narrow couloir that due to the traffic can get pretty scraped. That along side the fallen skiers and the large number of people coming down can make it a bit of a challenge. TBH most of the routes down from the Arpette to the 2000 valley are not that great. Combourciere used to be the best but due to the construction of Secret you now have a bit of uphill walking to get to it from the top of Clocherete. Bois de l'ours can be a mixed bag with very variable snow conditions. My son loves the offpiste direct from the top of lac to the bottom cutting out the dog leg.

Having complained about these route I should point out that these east facing routes soften up first on spring mornings and you can get fantastic spring snow on them. Move to the west facing routes in the afternoon.
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
TBH most of the routes down from the Arpette to the 2000 valley are not that great.

I don't know whether this is heresy, but I actually quite like edelweis, particularly the bottom section from the sharp turn and steep slope that leads to the tree lined lower bit. Perhaps this is a hangover from when the kids were learning. They used to have fun zipping in and out of the trees on either side so have good memories of that.
ski holidays
@yllen, yes that section is good fun and it seems to capture lots of snow, but it gets busy and you have to watch out for kids hurtling out of the trees straight in front of you without looking. Plan Vert from the top of col du chal down to pre st espirit non stop is quite a good blue warm up run.

If you want a good quality quiet blue run then try the combination Renard, Maitaz (as the main route from La Plagne to Les Arcs this short section can get quite busy) then Barmont. The lower section in the trees is very gentle, probably a green in most resorts, and almost always empty.
ski holidays
Quote:

Secret doesn't do a lot for me either. But I think the one we avoid most is the second half of Clair Blanc: below the steep section, after it crosses the Arpette2 - the motorway towards the snow park. [edit = just checking a piste map , looks like that part of it might be called Col de Frettes - there's a blast from the past!]

We love the parallel runs in that sector, Froide Fontaine and Carreley but for some reason that particular run is always a cut up crunchy mess. Avoid.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy