Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2021 / 2022

Poster: A snowHead
fuzzydunlop wrote:
@Arctic Roll,

Given that there seems to be a number of us here, perhaps we could meet there for a coffee and take a look? Would anyone else be interested?

@Nodeamus, @rob@rar,
That would be good. I didn’t know there was a new restaurant at the bottom of the Derby, but I’ve not skied to Vallandry on this trip yet. Meeting for a coffee later this week would be good.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rob@rar,

Friday? While still, hopefully, relatively quiet?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fuzzydunlop wrote:
@rob@rar,

Friday? While still, hopefully, relatively quiet?
Yes, good for me, say 11am? Just need to work out where the restaurant is…
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Nodeamus, @Arctic Roll,

See above. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied past today but didn’t pay much attention as I haven’t been here for years and didn’t know it was new. I can look tomorrow and get some details.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob@rar,
The Hamsters seem to have stopped me posting an image, but the restaurant is 20m from the foot of the Derby chairlift. I’ll be there on Friday at 11.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fuzzydunlop wrote:
@rob@rar,
The Hamsters seem to have stopped me posting an image, but the restaurant is 20m from the foot of the Derby chairlift. I’ll be there on Friday at 11.
Great, will see you then. Not skied across that way yet, so keen to see the new place. When the weather is bad that's one of my favourite lifts so good to have a coffee stop on rotation.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar,
Although I went over to Les Arcs for a while it felt like I had Peisey to myself today.
Look forward to meeting you.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@fuzzydunlop, @rob@rar,

due to the unforeseen circumstances of the dead fuel pump, we’ll be on the road on Friday. At least they’ve sourced the parts, have priced the fix ( 450 euros which is acceptable, very acceptable ) and we’re ready to roll. May have to spend a day touring the champagne region rather than the les arcs slopes, but got to roll with the punches….

But please let me know how it goes.

Meanwhile, thought today’s conditions rather fine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Arctic Roll,

That’s a pity.
I hope your journey goes well and is without events.
Another time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Arctic Roll, condolences. Were you not offered a rental car while yours was being repaired.

Good luck
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is this new restaurant the place with the museum for the local animals or is that somewhere else? Seems like there are quite a few new on piste restaurants this season, looking forward to trying them soon! 13 days and counting Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wills_h wrote:
Is this new restaurant the place with the museum for the local animals or is that somewhere else? Seems like there are quite a few new on piste restaurants this season, looking forward to trying them soon! 13 days and counting Very Happy

I think the animal museum is part of the new lift station from Vallandry. 3 days and counting..
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gilly76, I'm wishing my life away, those extra 10 days are mean Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
wills_h wrote:
@Gilly76, I'm wishing my life away, those extra 10 days are mean Laughing

I feel your pain, I'm suffering with my 3 days!
ski holidays
@wills_h,
No. As @Gilly76, says that is, I think, at the top of the Valandry lift. I think it is going to come as a shock when I am no longer guaranteed a gondola cabin for my own personal use.
snow report
@fuzzydunlop, Is there a restaurant attached to that as well? As surely that's really close to Les Enfants?
ski holidays
@johnE, yes indeed, it's is the rental car we have here in Arcs. Unfortunately it has to go back when the car is fixed ( 500km north) and the garage is only open until 12 on a Saturday. So we need to be a little bit closer for Sat am...

Went to the Blanche Muree today for lunch, they've taken the opportunity of a quiet 2021 to massively expand the terrace. We all went for omelette today, which was as ever, top drawer. A favourite of the pisteurs and instructors, which in my mind is worth 1000 trip advisor reviews (just don't tell the tourists..)
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, Went there for my birthday once, one too many home made genipe and the ski back is a bit of a blur I am embarrassed to say Shocked
ski holidays
Quote:

yes indeed, it's is the rental car we have here in Arcs. Unfortunately it has to go back when the car is fixed ( 500km north) and the garage is only open until 12 on a Saturday.

@Arctic Roll, We were in a similar situation a few years ago with a hire car in Les Arcs with our car in St. Quentin. The insurance compan started off with asking us to drive all the way back to pick the car up. We spoke to them niceley and they agreed that it was best if we kept the car for another week. In fact even though it was a fairly simple the garage in St. Quentin decided that they didn't want to repair and it shipped back to the UK.

My favourite restaurant is the hotel Vanoise - I hope it is still open.
latest report
@johnE, they were clearing the terrace today!
latest report
@johnE, We've managed to get them to give us a free day, since the car will allegedly be fixed on Thursday. no F way were we returning the hire car then! But since we were due to leave Saturday anyway, it means a day exploring champagne houses rather than Les Arcs slopes.
snow conditions
@wills_h,

No. But there is a big picnic terrace with tables.
snow report
So for SnowHeads in the area, there is a meeting for coffee for anyone interested at 11.00 16 December 2021 at the restaurant at the foot of the Derby chair in Peisey-Vallandry. Not Friday as originally proposed - sorry, my bad.
snow report
Are any snowheads around next week? We are hopefully there from Sunday
latest report
@Bella2015, One, one's wife and son will be there from Wednesday evening until the evening of the 2nd. We are in 1600 if you want to meet up at any time.
latest report
@Bella2015,
Returning to UK Sunday, another time.
snow conditions
@johnE, great. We are in 1950, maybe we will meet up! @fuzzydunlop, another time indeed!

Oh guess will not be able to meet up after all! Really hope there will be another chance to ski in Les Arcs but for now our holiday is canceled for obvious reason

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 16-12-21 18:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not great travel news today so looks like family wont be joining us on 2nd Jan which is a pain as sons were bringing partners one of which had never left the UK so a trip to Les Arcs would have been fab for her.
On the bright side, having arrived in France on 11th, we are ok to stay.

I'm expecting the resort to be a bit quieter than normal but cant wait to arrive there on saturday night and walk out for a beer, see which places are open, some that have changed etc

Looking at the webcams, the resort doesnt look busy but the Vagere camera looks like its been knocked upwards

How is the new gondola out of Vallandry and for those that went, how is the new restaurant at the base of Derby ? A new place to stop on our travels is always welcome
snow report
@ipken,
Both good. Slopes at the moment are very quiet.
snow report
ipken wrote:
... how is the new restaurant at the base of Derby ?
Had a coffee on the terrace there this morning, but didn't go inside. Looks a nice place in a great location, and overall it's a welcome addition to the resort if the food is any good.
ski holidays
@rob@rar,
sorry we missed you today, we went over to Villaroger at about 11, first time it has been open. Unfortunately I forgot that this early in the season the sun doesn't get there until much , much later, so it was full of death cookies and a not very nice ski.

@ipken, however in the afternoon, got over to the Vallendry bubble, lapped Myrtille, Moray and Aigle: the resort is so quiet we managed to get a bubble to ourselves each time, and no queue at all.
its very nice!

Leaving early tomorrow thanks to car problems, ( according to garage now fixed - fingers crossed) hope to be back ... `15th Jan. We'll see.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, also due back around the 15th. Fingers crossed. I'm having to cut short this trip as Jane can't get here before the travel ban kicks in, so I'm travelling back early next week and Christmas in the UK it will be. A pox on the virus!
latest report
Just registered the Friday meeting was today - so sorry I missed you. Like @ArticRoll I was 'enjoying' the death cookies at Villaroger this morning - the rest of the area is still great.
latest report
@rob@rar[/b], @Arctic Roll, thanks for the responses. Cant wait to set off in the morning and am out to get diesel now as someone mentioned that a couple of local supermarket had run out. Was in the resort in the summer for a week but havent skied since March 20 when it all started. I remember runs down to Villaroger in the morning which we now avoid. Whatever it is, it will be fantastic to be back
latest report
After 4 hours on hold with crystal ski they have now changed my holiday to arc 1950 on the 28th of December to the 5th of February.

Have any of you been there early February?
If so what sort of snow conditions to expect and is there much going on?
ski holidays
Deanatk12 wrote:
After 4 hours on hold with crystal ski they have now changed my holiday to arc 1950 on the 28th of December to the 5th of February.

Have any of you been there early February?
If so what sort of snow conditions to expect and is there much going on?
French half terms start that week. Who knows whether that will be significant this season?!
ski holidays
Surely that’s a good thing with two 9 year olds. lots of kids having fun.
snow conditions
It's not Paris week yet, so it shouldn't be the worst crowds. Snow conditions are typically around their best.
ski holidays
Crystal have just cancelled a friends trip on the 15th January.
She is actually relieved to know now so they can book a summer holiday instead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy