Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2021 / 2022

Poster: A snowHead
The Lonzagne lift comes into Peissey-Vallandry on the other side of the road to the Vanoise Express and Peissey chair. The Lonzagne lift is a stand in bucket type thing. It takes a few minutes to get you to the top (and vice versa on the way back).

So, as long as the hotel is reasonably close to the bottom of the lift, it should be fine
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ok, great! The hotel looks like it is a relatively flat 300-400 metres from the lift so that should be fine (despite the lack of sidewalks). In any case, I'm only at the "shortlist" stage for now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://en.peisey-vallandry.com/open-air-gondola-lonzagne.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just received an email from Les Arcs and it has some wonderful news for those of us who fancy an evening out in one of the other villages - the navettes will run until 23:00 Smile https://en.lesarcs.com/move-around/shuttles/arc-1600-arc-1800.html#menuOnglet

Now I can persuade my son to buy me dinner in the Taj-I Mah and get home again
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Given the new running times of the navettes does anyone know if the Belliou La Fumee does an evening service?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
been looking at the webcams and have just seen two people ski past the end of the Vagere lift in 1800 and head towards the Nova building next to ESF. Feeling very envious at the moment but not long before I'll be on the eurotunnel
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
E-mail this evening from Arc 1950 Resort Club:

Good evening to all of you,
We are pleased to confirm that a PCR and antigenic testing center will be set up in the Village.
These tests will be performed by health professionals, 7 days a week.
We will give you more information on the location and opening hours in the next few days.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best wishes.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@195062, that’s good news. Well, maybe not good news but at least it’s a sensible response to a PITA situation. Useful for UK kids who can’t get their 2nd jab, and if things get really bad maybe useful for all of us if the UK decides to require a pre-departure test for everyone travelling to the UK.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
195062 wrote:
E-mail this evening from Arc 1950 Resort Club:

Good evening to all of you,
We are pleased to confirm that a PCR and antigenic testing center will be set up in the Village.
These tests will be performed by health professionals, 7 days a week.
We will give you more information on the location and opening hours in the next few days.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best wishes.

Great news!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the update, we're going there on the 21st, for Christmas with Crystal.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There will also be a Covid test centre in Arc 1800 according to a recent post on Facebook by Radio Les Arcs.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@balso, we've stayed in Peisey Nancroix numerous times (7?), often much further than that from the Lonzagne lift. It's absolutely fine.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also a covid testing centre in Plan Peisey

A Covid-19 test centre is open from Monday to
Saturday from 9am to 7pm by appointment only.
Chalet Test Covid-19 Plan Peisey
Opposite the Cabinet Médical and the Pharmacie
de l'Ours.
The only screening centre in Peisey-Vallandry.
04 79 07 92 12
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're on to the 7-day countdown to season opening. To celebrate that milestone here's a photo of Bourg St Maurice this morning, via the Mairie.

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Think I'd better go practice fitting those chains! WooHOOO!!

7 sleeps til we arrive.
latest report
Madeye-Smiley snowHead
snow report
Does anyone know if it’s possible to book restaurants in advance? We are heading over on 20th Dec. I’ve tried contacting some we have enjoyed over the past few years but no responses. Maybe It’s not possible to book until resort opens??
ski holidays
X5OT76 wrote:
Does anyone know if it’s possible to book restaurants in advance? We are heading over on 20th Dec. I’ve tried contacting some we have enjoyed over the past few years but no responses. Maybe It’s not possible to book until resort opens??
My experience of being in resort before the official start of the season is that not much happens until just a few days before the resort opens as there is nobody around and all the restaurants are closed up, then everywhere is crazy busy as everyone rushes to get ready. I’d not be surprised if this meant replies to questions went unanswered until the resort was open.
snow report
@X5OT76, I,m not sure which part of Les Arcs you are heading to or what restaurants you are trying to contact, but I have to agree with @rob@rar, IMHO it would be highly unlikely that the restaurants would respond before they have actually opened. Sdaly it is also ossible that the resatuarants may not still exist. There is a fair churn in the restaurants in 1600. Of the ones the were in 1600 when we first bought a flat there, none are in the same hands (OK Mssr Fernand moved to take over the Cairn) or have closed completely. One restaurant has had 3 seperate attempts to make a go of it and all have failed.

I am confident, however, that you will get a booking when you arrive, even for Christmas or New Year's eve.
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, @rob@rar, Keeps us informed on how it's going. I'm really looking forward to getting back out to Les Arcs. We will arrive the evening of the 22nd if everything goes to plan and at the moment it looks as if it is: tunnel booked, lift passes purchased, snow has arrived in abundance, I think I completely understand the paperwork required, I've downloaded the pass sanitaire, I now see that we can easily get a return to home test in Les Arcs. I'm even testing my ski gloves out in Northern Norway at the moment - I see I will have to apply some leather patches.

May I suggest a meetup at some point or is everyone heading home for Christmas?
snow report
@johnE, Re testing to come home, looking into it I think the easiest option is to buy a test in the UK and take it with you to do whilst there. Look at Qured,you can order the test and arrange for a video call with a doctor for when you want to do it.
ski holidays
This from Tourist Office today. Good news as we will be in 1950 with one daughter needing daily testing.

Dear Mrs Day,

Two centers will open in Arc 1800 and Arc 1950 from 11th December both offering antigenic and PCR testing.

Online booking and prices will be available shortly. Please check our website or enquire with the tourist office upon arrival for further details.

In resort three surgeries are currently providing tests Arc 1600 (next to the doctor’s surgery). Tests by appointment only.

+ Arc 1800 : All day (Docteur Wegmann in Villards and Docteur David in Charvet).

How can I make an appointment ?

+ Doctor’s surgery – Cabinet médical d'Arc 1600 : Make appointments online or by telephone : 04 79 07 78 57
+ Doctor’s surgery - Cabinet médical d'Arc 1800 – Les Villards : Docteur Wegmann ("Les Arandelières residence, Place basse des Villards): Make an appointment by telephoning 04 79 07 49 99 or online here

+ Doctor’s surgery - Cabinet médical d'Arc 1800 – Charvet : Docteur David (112 Immeuble Belles Challes): Make an appointment by telephoning 04 79 00 42 65

We look forward to welcoming you in Les Arcs

Kind regards,

Olivia Bacot

LES ARCS – BOURG SAINT MAURICE TOURISME
ski holidays
Thanks X5OT76, we're going to be in 1950 with a single jabbed daughter for Christmas.

We have until the 12th to cancel and are still unsure about going.
latest report
Joff1 wrote:
Thanks X5OT76, we're going to be in 1950 with a single jabbed daughter for Christmas.

We have until the 12th to cancel and are still unsure about going.

Totally understand your uncertainty. We are heading over (Eurotunnel and driving) on 19th, arriving in 1950 on 20th, and staying until 31st. At the moment I’m just trying to make sure we have all the (known!) bases covered. We haven’t seen our apartment for 2 years so kind of feeling determined to go.
latest report
What are people planning on doing about the requirement for masks or certified filtering neck bands in the lift queues and on lifts. I've been told that many resorts are either selling or giving away neck bands that meet the requirement with the lift passes but no mention of it from the Les Arcs lift co yet? Masks with a helmet are likely to be a real PIA to get on, so the neck band seems a sensible option. Does anyone know if/where these will be available from? Probably asking a bit prematurely as the resort isn't even actually open yet!
latest report
I ordered some of the La Plagne ones (neck-band style). €10 euros each and arrived in the Uk after about 10 days (free postage). If they aren’t accepted when we get there I’m not looking forward to the constant removal of gloves, helmet etc to get masks on & off!
snow conditions
this is from Les Arc tourist info though the link didnt work but if you find the blog section, its easy to spot

Thank you for your interest in les Arcs Bourg St Maurice. We are delighted to welcome you during your stay.

Following your request, a certified premium mask with filtration greater than 90% will be accepted on ski lifts.

Follow the link for stockists in resort

https://www.lesarcs.com/blog/port-du-masque.html

We invite you to contact us for any further information. We hope to see you soon in les Arcs Bourg-St-Maurice.

Kind regards,

Olivia Bacot

LES ARCS – BOURG SAINT MAURICE TOURISME

+33 (0)4 79 07 12 57
snow conditions
@ipken, Fantastic, thanks for the help Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking at the Webcams and the Vagere is running. Woooooooo! First time I've seen that in far too long!
snow conditions
Info now up on the Arc 1950 website about testing arrangements.

https://www.arc1950.com/en/covid-19-informations.html

Sadly I've cancelled next week and early January owing to pre-return tests and therefore possibility of being stranded in France, but have a great time all those are going out - snow looks great!
ski holidays

There has been some snow, this is in Peisey! Much of the area today was closed today I think. At the lift office I was advised to wait before buying a pass until they know what will be open.
latest report
Peisey-Nancroix not Peisey-Valandry.
latest report
It’s nice today.

snow report
@rob@rar, It makes the dodgy drive up the mountain recede into the distance.

Seeing that, is like showing a picture of a roast dinner, to a contestant of "I'm a celebrity....", who has lived off Rice and Beans for a fortnight. Toofy Grin

I am soooo envious.
ski holidays

When you haven’t skied since 2004 it’s good to pick the right day to start again. I could have done without the crowds in Peisey though …
snow report
Today was special. Plenty of laps of fresh tracks, snow pretty good, weather perfect, lots of happy faces some of which were behind masks. Not everything open yet, so still plenty of untracked lines waiting for tomorrow.

snow report
finally got here about 10.30 this morning. story in the Boris bar...

Having pre-ordered the season pass basing it on one of the myriad old passes on my account, and assumed ot be in the apartment, I chose the one that wasn't. Very nice lady at the pass office swapped it over to a new bit of plastic when I explained - and it, plus the ones that I had got right, and an a la carte renewal all worked first time through the gates

As above, snow great, conditions great, still some crowds, I mean had to queue behind, what 6 people at some lifts. Looking forward to rest of the week.
latest report
Great to be skiing again after 2 years off. Fantastic conditions - fresh snow, clear blue skies and no wind - feels like I died and have gone to skiing heaven. Very Happy
ski holidays
Anyone tried the new restaurant at the bottom of the Derby lift yet?
Looks impressive, although we skied past rather than calling in: well, conditions too good to be a wasting...
snow report
@Arctic Roll,

Given that there seems to be a number of us here, perhaps we could meet there for a coffee and take a look? Would anyone else be interested?

@Nodeamus, @rob@rar,
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy