Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black diamond hotel in Tignes le lac?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helping a mate out….. anyone being? Or got any on the ground reports? What’s the access to the snow like, should be good if it’s where I think it is ?

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you sure there is a Black Diamond Hotel in Lac?

A quick Google only showed Hôtel Le Diamond Rock

There is a Black Diamond Lodge at St Foy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does he mean the Diamond Rock?

It's where the Alpaka was. It opened last season so I don't know of its reputation. But it was due to be v high spec. There will be access to the piste that runs from the Maison to Lavachet. Or 100m down the road to the main snow front.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway wrote:

It's where the Alpaka was.

I'll bet it won't have as much character as the Alpaka (or an Irish Wolfhound called Oscar). Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, indeed not. When the Alpaka became a colossal hole, I did go looking for some brain cells but only found Sanders!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes apologies, diamond rock......
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ajc2260626 wrote:
Yes apologies, diamond rock......

It looks very nice: https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/le-diamond-rock.en-gb.html

It's much smarter than where we often went (Hotel Lavachey) as a family, when the kids were small ......which is on the road that leads up from the main snow front, to the Diamond Rock.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[quote="Old Fartbag"]
ajc2260626 wrote:

It's much smarter than where we often went (Hotel Lavachey) as a family, when the kids were small ......which is on the road that leads up from the main snow front, to the Diamond Rock.

And that was knocked down last Autumn! And been replaced by something much bigger. Not sure whether it's a hotel or aparthotel.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chocksaway wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:

And that was knocked down last Autumn! And been replaced by something much bigger. Not sure whether it's a hotel or aparthotel.

Blimey, I better stop staying in places in Lac.

It's been a while since I was in Tignes....I think the last time was shortly after the Aeroski Bubble had been replaced.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Old Fartbag,
Quote:

It's been a while since I was in Tignes....I think the last time was shortly after the Aeroski Bubble had been replaced.

About 2014 then. You'll notice a lot of changes if you visit again.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PeakyB wrote:
@Old Fartbag,
Quote:

About 2014 then. You'll notice a lot of changes if you visit again.

I think it was a couple of years after that...so I could easily be mixed up. I've been going to EK since '92 - so 2016 counts as "shortly after" in my head. Toofy Grin

When was the new bubble that replaced the Solaise Chair put in, as I was definitely on that?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Old Fartbag,
Quote:

When was the new bubble that replaced the Solaise Chair put in, as I was definitely on that?

That started running beginning of 16/17 season. I had the privilege of being one of just 4 people, including the lift operator, to ride up on the very last run of the old Solaise cable car. It ran for 74 years and we joined in the small party at the top, to mark the liftie's retirement and end of the cable car, after over 30 years.

Even after just 4 seasons away from Tignes, you'd still notice quite a few changes.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PeakyB wrote:
@Old Fartbag,
Quote:

That started running beginning of 16/17 season. I had the privilege of being one of just 4 people, including the lift operator, to ride up on the very last run of the old Solaise cable car. It ran for 74 years and we joined in the small party at the top, to mark the liftie's retirement and end of the cable car, after over 30 years.

Even after just 4 seasons away from Tignes, you'd still notice quite a few changes.

What a lovely thing to have done. I remember both that old Cable Car and the one that went up Bellevarde.

The first time I was in the area, was just before the '92 Olympics. We stayed in La Daille, specifically to access the newly built Funicular - which due to a technical fault in its propulsion system, didn't turn a wheel rolling eyes . It was a fantastic week - sunny, great snow and very empty, as it was so close to the Olympics, people stayed away, thinking it would be crowded. They were building The Face downhill course - and Helicoptering snow up in a large net, to construct the first big jump.

I have many fond memories of taking my Kids up the Solaise Chair when they were young, to access those easy runs (especially Madeleine) - and having hot chocolates in the restaurant at the bottom of Madeleine (to allow recovery after they fell - though the little Toerags started to engineer falls to get a chocolate).

Having rung my memory out like a sponge, I think my history looks like this:

2013 - Back Surgery
2014 - Getting fit enough to ski
2015 - Val D'Isere (probably why I thought it was shortly after the demise of Solaise Chair)
2016 - Val Claret
2017 - Val Claret (Last time I was in the area)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy