Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The FIS Ski WC 2021/22 Thread + Winter Olympics Beijing 2022

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx wrote:
@JamesHJ, had to be supported on leaving the tent by 2 of her team, taken to Milan by heli for a nMRI

poo-poo- I saw only a very brief clip of it, and it was all in Italian Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
swskier wrote:
robboj wrote:
A snowy course and heavy snowfall wont suit Dave Ryding though Sad

This aged well Laughing Laughing

Yep! Delighted it has. I shall be predicting the same for Dave at every subsequent slalom!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JamesHJ, knee sprain, partial tear of Acl, minor fib fracture. Straight into physio and aiming to be at Beijing for the DH on 15th Feb Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just watched a report on Sky News about the Jamaican Bob Sleigh team for this Olympics - they sound very British and were training in Bath ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holidayloverxx, according to gazetta dello sport she will miss the opening ceremony but will fly on the 8th of feb and hoping to take part in the downhill. Women’s skiing really needs people like Sofia. Finger crossed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
albob wrote:
Just watched a report on Sky News about the Jamaican Bob Sleigh team for this Olympics - they sound very British and were training in Bath ?

Surely not! A member of the Jamaican team called Bob Sleigh!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@davidthornton, Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well well we heard the rumours, then the decision of FIS that they were pushing ahead, and now we have confirmation that we are going to see 2 Mens and 2 Womens speed races held in Zermatt-Cervinia as early as next season following the Soelden opener!

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/alpine-skiing/alpine-news-multimedia/news-multimedia/news/winter-2022/zermatt-cervinia-included-in-alpine-world-cup-calendar-2022-23
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@barracuda, it's a good job that both Switzerland and Italy are in the Schengen Zone, it means that the racers won't have to stop at the border to show their passports..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just the womens speed events in Garmish to go before the olympcis and some of the ski teams have started to make their way out to Beijing.

The schedule for alpine events:

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@barracuda, thanks, good info.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One year subscription to Discovery+, which includes Eurosport, available for £29.99:

https://promo.discoveryplus.co.uk/promo/all-sports/watch-eurosport-on-discoveryplus?utm_campaign=UK-EU-D1-EU-C7-ESP-BAU-DR-W-AllSports-Undefined-210101-NA&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=eurosportplayer.com&utm_content=home-navbar-button-subscribe
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Press reports this weekend confirm earlier posts that a World Cup Zermatt downhill, men's and women's, will take place this Autumn. Dates are Oct 29th/30th Women and Nov 5th/6th men according to reports.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
An interesting overview for snowboard events from Ed Leigh over on Whitelines is worth a read.

Take aways are, IMV, fair - Mens Big Air is spin-to-win unless the judging is overhauled - Slopestyle has the most to offer - pipe is on its limits - the women's events will probably be more varied than the mens.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
One year subscription to Discovery+, which includes Eurosport, available for £29.99:

https://promo.discoveryplus.co.uk/promo/all-sports/watch-eurosport-on-discoveryplus?utm_campaign=UK-EU-D1-EU-C7-ESP-BAU-DR-W-AllSports-Undefined-210101-NA&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=eurosportplayer.com&utm_content=home-navbar-button-subscribe

Or if you just want it for the olympics £6.99 for the month incl Eurosport.
ski holidays
Ah, the cringeworthy articles start appearing as the Olympics approach:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/02/at-last-the-inventors-of-modern-skiing-have-something-to-cheer-dave-ryding
snow report
Pleased that they are showing the moguls qualification live on the bbc website, but disappointed with the production from China. They keep showing the side angle throughout the run, which makes it impossible to tell who's skiing well or badly.
ski holidays
Just watched ‘Free spirits’ on I player. Great film on what it takes to get to the olympics. Sad to see my old Sheffield ski village totally gone now though.
ski holidays
davkt wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

Or if you just want it for the olympics £6.99 for the month incl Eurosport.

Or free for 6 months if you're a vodafone monthly customer!
snow report
twoodwar wrote:
Just watched ‘Free spirits’ on I player. Great film on what it takes to get to the olympics. Sad to see my old Sheffield ski village totally gone now though.

Yep Sheffield is a tragedy both personally as it was my closest slope and for UK sport given how many brilliant skiers it turned out over the years.
snow report
JamesHJ wrote:
Ah, the cringeworthy articles start appearing as the Olympics approach:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/02/at-last-the-inventors-of-modern-skiing-have-something-to-cheer-dave-ryding

A pity they haven't been cheering Dave (and all our other world class skiers and boarders) on before that win!
snow report
Nobody's mentioned the opening ceremony - I thought it impressive. Other than that, only had a chance to look at the GB v Australia mixed pairs. Which we won. Just.
ski holidays
I love watching the slopestyle, I am soooo jealous.It is far, far, far beyond my capabilities. Sadly Katie O didn’t qualify, but listening to her interview I think she was just glad to be there. Commentators suggested she could have done more and felt she was holding back. Who knows? As far as I’m concerned, she is blinking brave to even start.

Watching to moguls now, my knees and back hurt just watching.
snow report
Watching the moguls, what is the dirty dark coloured debris on the surface of the course around the jumps?

Just cut-up dirty snow or bit of the underlying course poking through, surely not the latter??
snow report
Pine twigs on the surface to show the bumps up. Like the blue line on the downhill
snow conditions
The son of a former local business man (now resident of, and running a Pension in Westendorf) has been selected for the Snowboard Cross event.

Back in 2018 Huw Nightingale skipped his age group category to win the senior event in Laax. More experienced and stronger now he could spring a surprise.

https://www.inthesnow.com/the-brits-day-1-youth-wins-the-day-as-hill-and-nightingale-scoop-first-titles-of-brits-18/
latest report
Weather permitting we will have M down hill and F giant slalom. I predict Kilde and Tessa Worley .
snow report
Embarrasing watching Chemmy last evening on BBC trying to explain mogul skiing and not! She had some sort of blue bouncy thing and was jumping from side to side on it and boxing with her poleplants. As someone who used to judge world cup mogul skiing the top skiers are carving the bumps and there is only wrist movement in pole plants. Jumping from bump to bump is marked right down - we look for ski/snow contact. Pivot and slide techniques and wild arms (boxing) also marked down. She is an alpine racer not a freestyler and should stick to what she knows!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In fairness, at least she is a skier/olympian/wintersportsperson, which cannot be said for some of the other 'commentators' on the BBC coverage of the Games.
ski holidays
So, enter controversy and Max Parrots missed grab... LOTS of questions being asked out in the community about the judges call on MPs gold-awarded run. Debate as to whether the judges even got to see Feat.4 properly from the TV feeds being sent to them from the IOC/LOC producers.
snow report
Given the lack of British interest, keep an eye out for Joan Verdu representing Andorra. Bib 40 in tonight’s Super G (3am wink ). I work with his little brother.

His preferred discipline is GS though - current Europa Cup leader and won at the weekend.
ski holidays
Nice to have Emma Carrick Anderson back on the Eurosport feed.
snow report
The 1000 mt short track result doesn’t feel right. In the semis they yellow card all the S Koreans, in the final the Hungarians, The host country was def helped, Just don’t get what the favorite SK did wrong.
ski holidays
The absolute state of this!

This image alone sums up what a terrible location that Beijing is. Snow sports for me isn't just the course, run, event. It is the location and ambience - this games has no atmosphere at all. Terrible.

Can't wait for Italy, back to a real Winter Games location.
ski holidays
NoMapNoCompass wrote:

This image alone sums up what a terrible location that Beijing is. Snow sports for me isn't just the course, run, event. It is the location and ambience - this games has no atmosphere at all. Terrible.

Like trying to re create the Sheffield Ski Village and re building the Tinsley Towers.
snow conditions
Good to see Nina O'Brien tweeting after her tib/fib compound in yesterdays race, bad crash that one. Part of racing but awful to watch.

And huge thumbs up to Kirsty for her Fab Fifth - really well done, super proud.
ski holidays
endoman wrote:
NoMapNoCompass wrote:

Like trying to re create the Sheffield Ski Village and re building the Tinsley Towers.

You couldn’t have had a much worse looking shot if it were photoshopped (its not is it?).
snow report
Not photoshopped!

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/2/7/22922448/winter-olympics-beijing-big-air-cooling-towers-steel-mill-photos
snow report
NoMapNoCompass wrote:
Not photoshopped!

https://www.sbnation.com/2022/2/7/22922448/winter-olympics-beijing-big-air-cooling-towers-steel-mill-photos

Grim!

And all the photos of those slender ribbons of snow really say this isn’t the right place. Fancy having the winter olympics somewhere where it doesn’t snow (let alone the nature of the regime)! As they say, you couldn’t make it up.
ski holidays
It's China trolling the world and the climate change movement isn't it? Look at us, holding a winter Olympics on man made snow next to a coal fired power station!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy