Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Small group of female/ mixed solo skiers for short budget ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a female solo skier (intermediate but a bit rusty) based in Manchester looking to partner or group up with other solo females or a mixed group for a budget short ski trip in Europe in March. I challenge anyone who has knowledge and experience of organising ski holidays to find a decent cheap trip including transfers and lift pass ! I have a limited budget but as I've not been skiing for 3 years I don't want to miss out again. Any ideas and suggestions for prices welcome
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @Girlagogo, snowHead
Check out action-outdoors.com, the UK agent for UCPA.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Very Happy . This is really helpful - only downside is there doesn't appear to be many breaks on there for over 45s which I am!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what's ya budget @Girlagogo, ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Girlagogo, You rarely hear the words "short" and "budget" in the same sentence when talking about ski holidays.

How short is short and how big is budget and what type of trip do you want: hotel, self catering, bunk house, camping? (see other thread on budget ski holidays.

I've had fairly inexpensive weekends in Borovets, Zakopane, Les 7 Laux, Gressoney (though on that one we saved a lot of money because my wife was working in Italy and had a car at the time). Consider other Italian resorts such as Aosta and the commute upto Pila as well. Have a look at the Carpathian resorts as well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
you might be interested in this thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156256#4823990
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know... "budget" and "short" aren't often familiar words when it comes to skiing holidays. Budget is more important than length of stay, around £500-£600 all in (accommodation, food, lift pass, flights/ transport) but not even sure if that's do-able? Camping is definitely a no-no.

I've been skiing in France 3 times and only Italy once so would be happy to look at other locations. Borovets, Zakopane... where are they? Anyone ever taken a ski holiday in Scotland by the way?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Girlagogo, You are going to have to work at it to get the price down to get the price down to £500 or £600.

Zakopane is in Poland and is actually a nice resort even if the skiing is somewhat limited. Look for Ryanair or Wizz flights to Krakow. We got Ryanair flight from Birmingham at about £50 return. Though we got a taxi from the airport to Zakopane, there are busses and I beleive a train service. Borovets is in Bulgaria. Look for flights to Sophia. The Carpathian resorts, other than Zokopane, are in Slovakia. Try getting a flight to Kosice.

At your budget you will be looking at hostels rather than hotels. https://www.hostelworld.com/ would be a good place to start.

Lift passes are a reasnoble price in these resorts, as is eating on the mountain.

We were able to hire decent equipment in Zakopane.

Oh! I liked Zakopane as a town and we spent an extra day sightseeing in Krakow. I could easily have spent 2 or 3

Hope this helps
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Girlagogo, it’s in April not March and not quite in budget (that budget is very tight) but the EoSB is fantastically good value.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=155089

EoSB (includes self-catering accommodation in room share with appropriate roommate and lift pass) £484
Snowheads transfer (optional extra) £56 return last time.
Ski/boot hire (optional extra) cheapest was 44€ last time.

So that’s under £600 not including flights and food, but self-catering you can eat pretty much as cheap as at home. You would need to add on flights to Geneva which I guess is about another £100-150 including luggage?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Girlagogo, The under 45 thing isn't actually a rule - it's just so that you can't complain if you find the young 'uns a bit rowdy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@johnE, If you're looking at Slovakia, you'd be far better off flying into Poprad.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mikeycharlton, yes. Thank you,
Looking at it more detail. Direct flights to Bratislava are much cheeper. I cannot see how you get to Kosice or Proprat without changing at least once. Ryanair fly direct to Bratislava
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnE wrote:
@mikeycharlton, yes. Thank you,
Looking at it more detail. Direct flights to Bratislava are much cheeper. I cannot see how you get to Kosice or Proprat without changing at least once. Ryanair fly direct to Bratislava

Bratislava to Jasna (biggest ski resort in Slovakia, and the only one really worth going to for a week from the UK) is a proper shlep. Like more than 3 hours by road.

In non covid times there was a direct Wizzair from Luton to Poprad - certainly during winter months at least.

edit - Just had a look on Wizzair and there are 2 Luton <> Poprad flights a week.

As for Kosice, Wizzair and Ryainar fly there directly from Luton/Stanstead and Doncaster.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mikeycharlton, Ah! I suppose the OP could get across to Doncaster from Manchester. I never thought of looking at Luton, which with the M6 as it is a the moment is about 3 hours by road from Manchester.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy