Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skier sues border for severed finger

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kuwait_ian wrote:
Good points, Dan, and the reasons why I don't much like sharing a chairlift with boarders. If the queue looks like generating a mixed load, I try to use an outside seat which gives a better chance of skiing the runout safely away from any unlucky tumbling boarders. If the lady really was standing in a silly place then there is some obligation on the Liftie to tell her to get out of the way or even to slow or stop the lift until she's clear. From the little we know, this looks like a simple accident which could as just easily have had no unfortunate outcome but Sod's Law was working well that day. The only 'winners' are likely to be the lawyers.
I totally agree with your last paragraph.

As a boarder I prefer sharing a lift with skiers. I like to sit on the outside, but I find that if I hold onto the chair for a second the skiers on the chair can take off out of harms way. Then I can push myself off and there's no danger of any sort of collision, as the skiers started down the ramp earlier and are by now, moving a lot faster. However with a board it's very difficult to do anything other than go straight. Even some experienced boarders I board with still hate getting off lifts more than anything else.

In my experience if you do fall (and I used to fall a lot), or people are blocking the lift exit, the lifties will rarely slow the lift down or tell people to clear the area. In my experience that applies as much in the US as it does in Europe.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lager I usually use the same tactic (as a skier). Most people tend to zoom off chairlifts so I tend to hang a bit, ready to take avoiding action.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you two ever find yourselves on the same chair, you'd best discuss your exit strategies.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it is traditional to assume everything will be easy, but once we have tripped the safety device I expect we would have to get the UN security council involved. Of course I wouldnt dream of using my superior weaponry sorry I mean poles in an aggressive way. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
laundryman, did you ever see Les Paul playing a few years back? His arthritis has limited how many fingers he can use, yet he is still a musical genius.

WTFH, Prior to taking up the guitar, I was an opening bat and wicketkeeper in club cricket for 15 years. Both activities result in frequently mashed fingers and ex-cricketers are prone to arthritis in that area. It hasn't struck yet, but if it does, sadly I don't think I have the musical talent to compensate!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy