Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip to PDS via Geneva - covid

Poster: A snowHead
I want to visit our apartment in the PDS this October to inspect it, do some work, and meet a couple of contractors to arrange refurbishment work.

My reading of covid regs is that there is no testing impediment to such a trip in Switzerland or France if double vaccinated? Just some form filling for CH and FR. Correct?

UK side requires PCR test on return but rumoured to be likely dropped in uk review?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@paddyDT, exactly. Much as normal.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@paddyDT, Currently

Quote:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list-rules
Before you travel to England you must:
take a COVID-19 test – you must take the test in the 3 days before you travel to England
book and pay for COVID-19 tests – to be taken after arrival in England
complete a passenger locator form

But likely to change
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Correct for now, unlikely to change coming into CH. Use the Swiss Travel check site for accurate info https://travelcheck.admin.ch/
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks. Anyone know a pharmacist in les gets, morzine, montriond or St jean where you can definitely get an appropriate pre return uk travel test with certificate?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@paddyDT, no, but there will be one, I'd bet.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@paddyDT, we had the pre return tests done at the pharmacy in Les Gets on a Saturday afternoon, around 3.15 and got the negative result and paperwork about twenty minutes later. We didn’t have to book. But this was at the very end of July when the place was busy, it might be different now.s
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pamski, thanks. I'll try to find out if they are still offering
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Morzine Source magazine listed all the options earlier this summer
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@paddyDT - we had 2 weeks at our house in Morzine last month (we drove) but I picked up my adult offspring in Geneva Airport during that time.

paperwork all dead easy

1) No test required to enter France/Switzerland- just proof of Vaccination (Double dose >14 days ago)

2) Form to fill in to have at entry into Switzerland- https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular

3) an attestation from the French government website needs filling in and keeping with you during transit

3) When I drove across the French/Swiss border (four times) nobody stopped or checked anything

4) The pharmacy next to the Marie's office offers the antigen test needed -to be taken no more than 72 hours before departure - you can prebook a slot and they give you results in 10 mins - paperwork given and you can download the result to your phone-costs 29euros

5) currently need to prebook a test for day2 return which you have delivered to your house awaiting your return and you need to put the reference on the uk passenger locator form.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The main pharmacy in Morzine does tests, you just show up when you need it and results are within 10 mins.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
until there is a new mutation/variant to contain, everything is pretty much normal.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@paddyDT, announcement likely on return to UK measures this week that’ll be in place for October. Strong suggestion PCR on return replaced by lat flow, and Telegraph today suggesting pre-flight lat flow dropped too - which would be good as we paid the same for return PCRs as lat flow this week (£2Cool, so 2 LF tests would cost the same as current arrangement.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@paddyDT, but if pre-flight LF is still required, can recommend taking your own from C19 testing (or a cheaper option via Jet2 website) - £29 (or £22), take the test at home and send a photo off. Easier than finding a pharmacy.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@paddyDT, just had mine done in pharmacie in St Jean D'Aulps for 29 euros. Have heard it was about 50 euros in Les Gets. No need for appt. Just need to provide name, smartphone number and DOB. Sit on bench outside and get nasal swab taken. Result via link sent in text within 30 mins which after password text gets you direct to certificate downloadable as PDF or transferable to french covid app. Do not think it is open on sundays and it shuts for a long lunch.
ski holidays
@bobhitch, @pateman99,

And all.....thanks.

This is really useful.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy