Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc for nervous skiers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Third time trying to post this. Just disappears after I post
Re Champoluc . After searching here a few mentioned that it's not suitable for nervous/beginner skiers. Opinions please.
Are there any blue slops from the town. If not is it possible to uplift to a less challenging blue slope area
4 of the group are not very confident skiers and we also have a 6yr old with just 4 days of lessons done. Are there easily accessible kid practice slopes in the town?
Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn’t recommend Monterosa for that group profile - piste map is a sea of reds and there are some tricky red links hidden in there too that are basically unavoidable, It’s is a lovely area for confident intermediates and above,
Beginner areas are all up the man and with v little / nothing (if at Crest) to progress to past the carpet lifts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@garc, depends why they're nervous I guess. Menus in foreign languages? Drving on the funny side of the road? (That's not actually a joke).

I think the comments derive, at least in part, from the fact that from Champoluc village itself, to get to any other valleys, there's one steep and narrow (a lot better than it used to be mind you, although that just means more people stuck, quivering and wailing, whereas below they wouldn't even try) pinch point.

Generally however, the skiing is pretty mellow and immaculately groomed.

The home run to town is marked red, but isn't (IMO) really that hard. Busy at the end of the day though. Anyway, all the skiing is above the town, fast telecabine. There are 2 magic carpets for the 6 year old. For less confident skiers the slopes above (other than the choke point) are mostly wide. Can't recall colour, who cares? If they wanted to go further afield, bus to the Frachey funicular up the valley and that skips the choke point.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes the choke point two lifts up above champoluc is a bit tricky for nervous beginners-lower intermediate. It’s a shame as most of the area is great. As mentioned bus to frachey and download there at the end of the day would help. Seem to remember a pretty steep run straight down towards gressoney too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MHskier, you can avoid 80% of the steep run down to Staffal by taking the path around. and coming back from Co/Gressoney you don't have the Goat-choke, so you don't need to download to Frachey.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info. 'Nervous skiers' is code for poor ability even after numerous classes. Don't think it would go down well if I landed my group to Champoluc. Any other decent resorts within easy reach of Turin which would suit our group? Cost is also a big factor for us ie food and drink prices. So probably swiss or French resorts out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cervinia?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Claviere
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Aosta valley, La Thuile is very nice authentic village and better suited to nervous beginners. The slopes above les Suches are a sea of nice wide rolling blues and reds. And the valley descend over the lower part of the Petit Saint Bernard passroad is very nice cruisy and doable for the very first beginners.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cervina looks out of our price range.
Very interested in Claviere but on first look it seems there is no proper bar in town. Not looking for mad apres or anything but just somewhere to get a nice pint. I had a look at La Thuile before but something put me off. Must check it out again. Fussy group who want the impossible perfect resort every year
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cervina looks out of our price range.
Very interested in Claviere but on first look it seems there is no proper bar in town. Not looking for mad apres or anything but just somewhere to get a nice pint. I had a look at La Thuile before but something put me off. Must check it out again. Fussy group who want the impossible perfect resort every year
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Serre Chevalier might be worth a look. It is in France but only a 2 drive from Turin. Its probably one of the cheaper French resorts but still a decent sized ski area. There are good beginner slopes up the mountain (Serre Ratier and Grand Alpe) above Chantermerle that are good for nervous skiers.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Or Montgenevre (in France but not too bad a transfer from Turin). Lots of bars and restaurants in town, compact village, brilliant leisure centre/spa (Durancia), a long luge, lots of blues, nursery area.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy