Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Tourmalet, La Mongie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a super cheap stopoff for a few weeks skiing on the way back from Spain in January. Cheap studios available ski in/out at La Mongie. Anyone know what it's like there? Is it just a few apartment blocks and dead at night, or are there some bars and shops?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surely someone amongst the Snowheads massive has been there? I can't have you all stumped surely?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My knowledge is somewhat dated - by about 30 years. It used to be good and the more youthful side of the mountain form the more traditional Bareges. Lots of bars and restaurants at the time and judging by the pictures you get from the Tour de France it has only expanded. There are actually two parts to the 'village' with the Residence in the middle of the snow and La Mongie proper at the foot of the slopes.

Lots of variety of skiing either side of the Tourmalet with some tree lined stuff in Bareges and off-piste excursions available.

I'd be surprised if there was not more up to date knowledge around here.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @Ski lots, old info is better than no info! Sounds quite encouraging, and as the season pass and accomodation is pretty cheap could well be a goer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had some great skiing below and off Pic du Midi, take a guide for the back, but from the midstation down the front, there's some great skiing. For family skiing went with the kids in Feb 2019 and plenty of decent intermediate runs.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy