Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Health Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Just discovered one of our party for Alpe D’Huez is not as bright as we thought and is not vaccinated. We know this means she will need a test to get into France but what does it mean for the health pass to get into restaurants etc? Is the pre arrival test valid for the week or would she need to get one every 72 hours in the village? Are the testing places in the village and how quick are the results for an antigen test?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Every 72 hrs, but remember the clock starts ticking from the first test.
So if the test is taken at 10am on a Friday for a flight departing from the UK on the Saturday the next test will need to be done on the Monday am then Thursday am.

Also from today all un vaccinated arrivals into the UK must isolate for 10 days on the return.
They also need a negative test result prior to arrival into the UK (the Thursday test would cover this) plus pay for a Day 2 test and Day 8 test. They can add the extra cost of a test to release after Day 5.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Posidrive, why does she not just get jabbed?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just come back from France and unlike normal the French seem to be obeying the rules strictly. Mask wearing in shops, supermarkets, motorway service stations was adhered to with non mask wearers being refused entry. Eating inside restaurants "pass sanitaire" was compulsory, eating outside was a bit more hit and miss. Camp site and hotels requested it although not certain what would have happened if we hadn't had it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

not certain what would have happened if we hadn't had it.

“Oof pfft (shoulder shrug) mumble ooof pffft la-la fookin Ingleesh !
(Roughly Takes beret off) Vive la Brexit. Fou!”
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Posidrive wrote:
Just discovered one of our party for Alpe D’Huez is not as bright as we thought and is not vaccinated. We know this means she will need a test to get into France but what does it mean for the health pass to get into restaurants etc? Is the pre arrival test valid for the week or would she need to get one every 72 hours in the village? Are the testing places in the village and how quick are the results for an antigen test?

I thought if you’re unvaccinated and from an ‘orange country’ (which includes uk), you can’t enter France unless you have pressing grounds for travel?

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The health pass will be transformed into a "vaccination" pass soon with the idea that testing will no longer be sufficient.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AL9000 wrote:
Vive la Brexit. Fou!”

le Brexit
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup. If unvaccinated, a ski hol is not a "compelling reason" to enter France.

TRAVEL TO/FROM AN AMBER LIST COUNTRY
If you are not vaccinated, you must give a compelling reason to be allowed to enter metropolitan France. The tentative list of compelling reasons features on the certificate of entry into metropolitan France that can be downloaded below.

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds like a very expensive oversight.

Thousands of unvaccinated are going to have this problem, if not for winter, then definitely next summer, when they won't be allowed into many Countries.

Unless non vaccination was on medical grounds, or due do age related mental impairment (unlikely if skiing) in which case Family members should have played a more active part, then I have no sympathy whatsoever.

You didn't say when you were intending to go, but if she's got any common sense, she should get her first vaccination today. This is possible still in some drop in centres. Second one early December, and she would be allowed to travel by Christmas.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Posidrive, if your mate isn’t vaccinated, as others have said, as it stands, she can’t go to France as she has no compelling reason to do so. Her choice. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
She might not even be allowed to get on a ski lift.
Hope that info puts a rocket up her rear and gets her down the vaccination centre ASAP.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:

I know someone who says they don't believe it has been fully tested so not having it. I am not sure it has impacted them as yet. Maybe if they want to go on holiday and they can't it may change their mind.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
under a new name wrote:

I know someone who says they don't believe it has been fully tested so not having it. I am not sure it has impacted them as yet. Maybe if they want to go on holiday and they can't it may change their mind.

Thats the reason that the one holdout I personally know would get vaccinated, so much for principles! rolling eyes
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Layne, yeah, right whatever. No sympathy Twisted Evil I have a couple of discontented French friends who didn't want a jab but wanted a beer in a bar!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Panic over. When she found out it was going to stop here from coming she has just been out to be be jabbed at a walk in center, second in 8 weeks gives enough time for our trip end January.
snow conditions
Phew. Quite an incentive!!
ski holidays
@Posidrive, good ...
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
@Posidrive, good ...

Yes, one of the reasons I’m glad travel rules like this are in place.
snow conditions
How imminently sensible the French rues seem to be! I wish our government would adopt similar without usual waffle and confusion.

Personally I would not go on holiday with an unvaccinated person. I am glad your friend has found some sense.

I think we can all agree that the vaccine has been well tested on a billions of folk now with minimal death and side-effects in comparison with mortality and illness with Covid-19.
snow report
Still confusion in France though..just back from 8 weeks there...
some bars and restaurants you don't have to wear a mask if jabbed, but staff still do..!!
Some bars and restaurants don't check your pass sanitare either
Free covid testing in France ends on the 16th October.. so as to encourage vaccination..
Should be fun skiing there..can't wait..
snow report
@Posidrive - sounds like the un-vaxed can remedy the position if they are minded to do so. If they are not minded to do so, then that should be the end of it.

Personally, I would not want someone in my group who was happy to compromise others in the group or, indeed, those the group came into contact with.

Edit- excellent news. Enjoy your trip!
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, not quite sure why you feel there's confusion in France (although, certainly some individuals may be confused ... !)

At least in Haute-Savoie, PS required in bars and restos, as of 30 Sep masks required again ... it's not too confusing to me?
ski holidays
@under a new name, I think he means there is more confusion in how they are implemented/enforced by businesses, rather than relating to what the rules actually are.
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, yes, I was signalled a week ago or so that masks weren't required in one bar. But now masks seem to be de rigeur again. Even the tiniest bar has whipped out a phone to scan my pass.
ski holidays
@colinstone, I think at least H-S had* dropped the masks in bars but re-introduced 30.9.

* was what we were being told/seeing last couple weeks in September

@snowhound, ah, I see, perhaps wink
latest report
Anyone know if the tests for the kids to travel to France count towards the pass sanitaire? We're off to the outskirts of Paris at half term and the kids want to go into Paris one day. If their test to get out there can be used for the pass sanitaire, then we'll "do Paris" at the start of the week within 72 hours of the test. I don't think we'll need it for the rest of the holiday as we can cope without using the restaurant on site, and the pool will be under 50 people.
snow conditions
These rules are fine for adults - unfortunately my two boys can’t just go and get a second jab as UK rules differ from the rest of Europe.
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Anyone know if the tests for the kids to travel to France count towards the pass sanitaire? We're off to the outskirts of Paris at half term and the kids want to go into Paris one day. If their test to get out there can be used for the pass sanitaire, then we'll "do Paris" at the start of the week within 72 hours of the test. I don't think we'll need it for the rest of the holiday as we can cope without using the restaurant on site, and the pool will be under 50 people.

Just tried scanning my teen’s c19 testing fit to fly certificate with the TAC verif app and it comes up non valide - looks like we will be off to the pharmacy. Shame really - but I guess we should be grateful to be able to travel again.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Rookiescot, is there not an offline non-app option available in France? If you have a certificate that’s within the time limit and valid for international travel, it should be good enough to get in a restaurant…
ski holidays
Scarlet wrote:
@Rookiescot, is there not an offline non-app option available in France? If you have a certificate that’s within the time limit and valid for international travel, it should be good enough to get in a restaurant…

Yes, you’d bloody well think so!
I have a pdf and printout. I could chance it and risk getting turned away but I’m guessing most cafes etc use the tac verif app.
My boy is already is aware of the added difficulties….not keen to make him feel any worse.
Quite sad for him - the kids have had a tough time this year and this seems like another kick in the teeth. Might have to buy him a new snoboard!
ski holidays
Rookiescot wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

Just tried scanning my teen’s c19 testing fit to fly certificate with the TAC verif app and it comes up non valide - looks like we will be off to the pharmacy. Shame really - but I guess we should be grateful to be able to travel again.

Ah nuts. What a pain in the backside. Not to mention a waste of money. I’m hoping that come skiing season I will only have 1 one teenager who I have to fork out for. Fingers crossed that my 16 YOs will be double jabbed by then!

Does anything happen if you try and upload it to the Tous Anti Covid app? I.e not the verif one?
latest report
Reason I ask is I think the TAC app produces its own QR code, so the one from the test might not be recognised by TAC verif, but there’s a possibility it could be recognised by TAC, which may then produce one that TAC verif accepts. Worth a shot!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 10-10-21 18:51; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Rookiescot, if the regulation says you need a certificate, then it should be acceptable – the app is just a simple way of verifying this. In Austria, if anyone bothered to check it, I’m pretty sure it would be fine as businesses are not wanting to turn away customers, but I don’t know the situation on the ground in France. Maybe @under a new name can offer reassurance?
snow report
@Rookiescot, damn right. I've got two 14, 15 year old daughters and their age range have just been hit time and time again, by restrictions against a virus at which they are personally at tiny risk.
Meanwhile their grandparents could shoot off on holiday all over Europe and the world because they've had two vaccinations, despite being 1000s of times more at risk personally.
Just seems utterly unfair.
snow report
Thanks for the suggestions. Just tried scanning into the TAC app - but it won’t scan… wrong format. Might just be a problem with the C19 certificate format… maybe certificates from other providers would have more luck.
Any rumblings of the pass sanitaire being phased out? Thank goodness not needed for ski lifts at least.
ski holidays
U.K. certificates don't work with any of the EU (or Swiss) checking apps. Here in CH our U.K. certificates have been 'swapped' for Swiss ones. U.K. government have pledged to change their certificates so that they are compatible with the continental system, but no timescales have been promised.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
U.K. certificates don't work with any of the EU (or Swiss) checking apps. Here in CH our U.K. certificates have been 'swapped' for Swiss ones. U.K. government have pledged to change their certificates so that they are compatible with the continental system, but no timescales have been promised.

Yes the do. Mrs DJL didn’t bother with TAC in France this summer. Her 2nd jab cert on the NHS app came up “valide” on the TAC Verif app in several bars and restaurants in Chatel.
snow conditions
DJL wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Yes the do. Mrs DJL didn’t bother with TAC in France this summer. Her 2nd jab cert on the NHS app came up “valide” on the TAC Verif app in several bars and restaurants in Chatel.

I tried it in September with the same 2 apps - not a chance. Weird? We also tried the Italian, German and some generic 'green pass' thing. Out of interest, which jab did Mrs DJL have? I had AZ which wasn’t used in many EU countries (wasn’t used in CH either). I wonder whether that might have been the difference.
snow conditions
@telford_mike, AZ for both
latest report
DJL wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

We haven't been able to add our codes to the French Covid app for travel; also just downloaded the TAC Verif app and scanned it on an updated UK certificate - again rejected as non valide. Its the same with the Portugal app and with the Swiss one.

I noticed that NI (UK) certificates can be be now added to the Ireland green pass for those with Irish passports and from rest of UK (and other countries) from 21 October, for those fortunate to have such a passport. Maybe compatible codes are being reissued?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy