Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2021/22 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Its amazing how the Hecherhuette survives being halfway down a piste that is closed for half the season

@Chick, ... or even most of the season. Jarmila tries very hard to compensate during the summer. Her food and weekly all you can eat barbecue evenings are renowned. Also her swimming pool is a great spot to while away a sunny afternoon in summer.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What an excellent couple of days. Cold temps and sunshine making for excellent skiing. Hochalm area still proving to be fantastic and better snow than most other parts of the valley, coupled with deserted pistes. Winkler Alm served the best burger I think I've ever had yesterday. Off piste looking very bare however on piste conditions are just awesome
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@boabski, agreed, spent all afternoon on the Kohlmais, testing a pair of new skis, and the piste conditions don’t get any better.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tatmanstours, what were you testing?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Cacciatore, Elan GSX Race
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tatmanstours wrote:
@Cacciatore, Elan GSX Race

We going to see you on the Saalbach seniors GS race tour…? Toofy Grin wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Cacciatore, watching, maybe
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Were they any good?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tiefschneetaucher, excellent
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Are fffp2 masks readily available in saalbach
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@kb36, I believe so, in supermarkets and the chemist (although I seem to have acquired mine from other places).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kb36, 59 cents in Mpreis, if you are flying you will need them for the flight and for the terminal building as well as any transport

You can also get them from Boots 5 in a packet, forgotten the price
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@kb36, they were giving them out at Salzburg airport too
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You can get them in many different forms at Amazon. I’m trying to find some that fit a big head with ears a long way back (I can only wear those straight armed glasses as my ears are too far back… only Oakley do them!)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

if you are flying you will need them for the flight and for the terminal building as well as any transport

Three friends arrived from the U.K. today. At the U.K. airport they were told “no FFP2 mask, no flight”. They were glad I’d passed on the above piece of advice.
snow report
Got a selection sorted
ski holidays
TomBH wrote:
tatmanstours wrote:
Sorry if this pisses anyone off, but the skiing conditions today were just fantastic, as good as I’ve ever known them: sunny, cold, powdery pistes, and gloriously uncrowded. @radar, would you concur?

Fingers crossed it's as good in 2 and a bit weeks' time when we are due to arrive! Like a kid and Christmas counting down the sleeps......

I'm excitedly counting down the weeks too! You're a week ahead of me, i'm going in 3 weeks now. I hope the lovely conditions continue for you all, but mostly for me Laughing Razz
snow report
@bobcat, snow on its way this week, the weather forecast says tomorrow and Thursday.
ski holidays
@bobcat, suspect I'll post a few updates on here so if I'm a week ahead of you hopefully gives you an idea what conditions are like.

Tbh after two years of pandemic and numerous cancelled plans as long as we make it I'll be taking that as a win!
ski holidays
Wonderful wonderful, i'll be very interested in your experience of course but ABSOLUTELY i'll be happy to just GET there Laughing
snow report
is there any night skiing in Saalbach at the moment?
snow conditions
conor256 wrote:
is there any night skiing in Saalbach at the moment?

Not according to Saalbach's website

https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/infrastructure/floodlit-slopes_a_1690
latest report
A few pages back someone asked about the new link on the Bernkogel to the Shattberg X-press, we did it a couple of days ago, its a good addition avoiding the walk through town and makes getting the bus or connecting to the X-press a lot easier, though the snow was firm the first section was fine, the bottom section was staring to have a channel forming, in spring its going to get quite churned up, I can imagine that beginners will find it a challenge and experienced skiers will need to take care, the end is interesting with the drinks hut next to the exit.

snow report
Quote:

someone asked about the new link on the Bernkogel to the Shattberg X-press

I think that was me @radar thanks for the info, much appreciated!
snow conditions
@snorks, came down it again today, a different experience as it was later in the day, 3.30pm very rutted in the las 50 meters and the bend was interesting, we stoped for a drink at the little bar at the bottom (quite a nice experience ) there was a bang as someone lost control and headed into the barrier in the photo, not sure if it was lack of skill or too much Apre, it was around 4 by this time. speaking to the bar owner Christmas and new year was interesting! I do think its a good addition makes getting the bus a lot easier.
latest report
There is a better solution, just snowboard, makes walking much easier. Lights the blue touch paper and steps back.
ski holidays
Quote:

There is a better solution, just snowboard,

Desperate measures!
latest report
@tatmanstours, sometimes desperate times call for them. Looking forward to seeing you in a few days.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@kb36, we’re in for some cold, snowy weather, so best bring something to wear under your kilt Very Happy
snow report
@tatmanstours, hopefully a bit of snow and then some blue skies, wishful thinking
snow report
kb36 wrote:
@tatmanstours, hopefully a bit of snow and then some blue skies, wishful thinking

Not wishful thinking at all if the current forecast is anywhere near correct.

Over half a metre of snow tomorrow through Sunday (heaviest on saturday which could be fun if transferring) followed by full sun as far as the forecast goes

https://www.bergfex.com/saalbach-hinterglemm-leogang/wetter/berg/
snow report
@buchanan101, arriving on the 29th for a solo trip, sounds lovely......
ski holidays
buchanan101 wrote:
kb36 wrote:

Not wishful thinking at all if the current forecast is anywhere near correct.

Over half a metre of snow tomorrow through Sunday (heaviest on saturday which could be fun if transferring) followed by full sun as far as the forecast goes

https://www.bergfex.com/saalbach-hinterglemm-leogang/wetter/berg/

I'll happily take that if it comes to be
snow report
How long does it take from Saalbach to Zell Am Zee on lifts / skis?
snow conditions
Any recommendations for kids ski school in Saalbach please? Looking for half day lessons for a week for a 7 year old, all I am being offered by tour operators are full day only.

Any help would be appreciated.
snow conditions
@TopGooner, much depends on current snow conditions and whether piste 168 to Viehhofen is open. That piste takes you directly to the Zell am See Xpress gondola and would probably take around 45 mins from Saalbach (3-4 lifts, depending on route chosen).
If piste 168 is closed, as it often is (being the lowest in the Ski Circus and having no snow-making on it), you would get to the Zell am See Xpress by a short (8 minute) ski bus ride from the Schönleitenbahn lift station. That bus runs every 10 minutes throughout the skiing day.
To reach the Schönleitenbahn lift station from Saalbach, you would either go up the Schattberg Xpress gondola and ski down pistes 2/2a (total about 30 minutes), or go up the Kohlmaisbahn gondola, followed by piste 156, then the Magic 6er chairlift, then pistes 165 and 161a (total about 40 minutes).
The Zell am See Xpress gondola itself is quite a long ride, so about another 15 minutes to get to the top of the Schmittenhöhe above Zell am See.
ski holidays
@scoman, full day is the norm for group lessons, and Furstauer is the only ski school in Saalbach that offers group lessons. The alternative might be a couple of days or half days of private lessons (in which case I might be able help).
snow conditions
tatmanstours wrote:
@TopGooner, much depends on current snow conditions and whether piste 168 to Viehhofen is open. That piste takes you directly to the Zell am See Xpress gondola and would probably take around 45 mins from Saalbach (3-4 lifts, depending on route chosen).
If piste 168 is closed, as it often is (being the lowest in the Ski Circus and having no snow-making on it), you would get to the Zell am See Xpress by a short (8 minute) ski bus ride from the Schönleitenbahn lift station. That bus runs every 10 minutes throughout the skiing day.
To reach the Schönleitenbahn lift station from Saalbach, you would either go up the Schattberg Xpress gondola and ski down pistes 2/2a (total about 30 minutes), or go up the Kohlmaisbahn gondola, followed by piste 156, then the Magic 6er chairlift, then pistes 165 and 161a (total about 40 minutes).
The Zell am See Xpress gondola itself is quite a long ride, so about another 15 minutes to get to the top of the Schmittenhöhe above Zell am See.

Thanks, this is good to know!
snow report
tatmanstours wrote:
@scoman, full day is the norm for group lessons, and Furstauer is the only ski school in Saalbach that offers group lessons. The alternative might be a couple of days or half days of private lessons (in which case I might be able help).

Thanks for the reply, have taken the offer from Crystal ski 6 full days of tuition of £200, will generally take her out of lessons in the afternoon so we can ski as a family which is what it is all about Very Happy
snow report
We’re a group of 3 Dads who like to party… (cringe factor = off the chart) and our 3 usually embarrassed lads who are 17/18 years old. We’re booked into a hotel on a half board basis about midway between Saalbach and Hinterglemm. First time to the area.

We’ve done Skiwelt and the Dolomites for the last few years.

Hoping to up the ante on the apres ski front this year, so a few beers in the afternoon before dinner at the hotel and then heading out for a couple of hours.

For those who know the area and current covid rules, where would you suggest which is as lively as permitted?

I’m asking as I assume we’ll need to reserve a table in advance to get into most places and will therefore want to get booking.

Thanks all!

So much nicer asking this sort of question instead of border entry requirements
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy