Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2021/22 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Why don't you want to fly? Given the 48hr pcr it's probably the safest part of the travel.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@blondends,
Quote:

Quick question - does the Spar in Saalbach open on Sunday? Or any other grocery shop local to the village centre?

There isn’t a Spar in Saalbach. There is one in Hinterglemm, but I hardly ever shop there, so I don’t know its opening times.
Billa in Saalbach is open on Sunday mornings. Also there is the shop in the BP petrol station, which should be open late.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SPAR Henrik Schrümpf

Dorfstraße 374, 5754 Hinterglemm, Austria
+43 6541 6439 https://g.co/kgs/9APjRc

Open Sunday afternoons
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arrived earlier today. Very easy getting through passport/covid checks and it was probably tougher at hotel reception Toofy Grin ,
Anyway great to be back and managed an hour's skiing after 3 today. Snow was good but light was a bit flat.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kb36 wrote:
Why don't you want to fly? Given the 48hr pcr it's probably the safest part of the travel.
not sure if your question is meant inreply to my earlier post but as we live (up north) flights arnt as easy to organise plus we usually go for longer than sat-sat which makes fights more difficult to sort and then if we where to go darn south to get to fly might as well have a night on the ferry and thus the total travel time is oft less than a flight plus mrs ski for fun doesnt travel light (ho ho )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I don’t believe more than 50% of people's self-administered pre-flight travel checks have been anywhere near their nose/throat. Who wants to risk their holiday (or getting stuck abroad isolating at their own expense)?

I’m less sceptical about day 2 tests on return.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tatmanstours wrote:
@blondends,
Quote:

Quick question - does the Spar in Saalbach open on Sunday? Or any other grocery shop local to the village centre?

There isn’t a Spar in Saalbach. There is one in Hinterglemm, but I hardly ever shop there, so I don’t know its opening times.
Billa in Saalbach is open on Sunday mornings. Also there is the shop in the BP petrol station, which should be open late.

Thanks Tatman, that’ll explain why I couldn’t find opening times for a spar Very Happy

We’re getting in a little later than usual on the Saturday we arrive so we’re just trying to suss out our options to get breakfast materials in for the Sunday. Sunday morning is going to be a mission anyway with ski rental, lift passes and dropping kids at ski school.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
In Hinterglemm at the moment. Skiing is great and soooooo quiet. Pretty much business as usual and are asked occasionally to show your covid passport. Apres venues open but playing white noise as opposed to music you can enjoy yourself to. Everywhere is a lot quieter than normal but it's just so good to be here again enjoying the skiing food and drink.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Saalbach people Smile

Quick Q ... I just booked a March trip to Saalbach and was offered 2 different types of lift passes.
The one i chose was the "Ski Circus 7 day pass" which cost £270. It said that it covers Zell and Kaprun as well.
The other option was £283 and had a couple of extras, that i have forgotten.

However ... a friend has now told me that the Ski Circus pass doesn't cover Zell Am See or Kaprun - is that correct?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@magic_hat, you will have opted for the Ski Alpin card, which covers the Ski Circus, Zell am See and Kaprun. The other one you mention was probably the Salzburg Superski Pass, which covers numerous other resorts.
I have always bought the Ski Alpin card, which covers 408km of piste.
The various cards/passes are all listed and described on Saalbach.com
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@tatmanstours, Thank You!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If anyone is arriving into Szg around lunchtime on the 29th Jan and has space for 1/ wants to share a private transfer let me know. Heading to Hinterglemm for a solo week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@blondends, on visiting the Billa yesterday, I noticed a board outside, announcing new opening times. On Sundays it’s open from 14.00-18.00.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tatmanstours wrote:
@blondends, on visiting the Billa yesterday, I noticed a board outside, announcing new opening times. On Sundays it’s open from 14.00-18.00.

Thanks for the info!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@magic_hat, Who did you buy this ticket from? I don't recognise that ticket name - and all Ski Circus tickets cover the whole area.

The full 7 day pass for March is 329 euros - it includes "all the cable cars and lift systems of the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, Schmitten in Zell am See, as well as Kitzsteinhorn and Maiskogel in Kaprun".

Maybe the higher ticket was the 7 day SuperSki Card? (350 euros). This covers 86 resorts across Austria!
ski holidays
This was Saalbach yesterday morning

ski holidays
Great photo! Can’t wait.
ski holidays
Two quick questions please. Where in Saalbach/Hinterglemm/Vorderglemm can we get gargle tests from for the kids?

And where will we find the best moguls?
snow report
Tiefschneetaucher wrote:

And where will we find the best moguls?

You have to try quite hard to find decent bumps in the valley, especially if it's cold. They tend to be quite reliable on the red past the Berger Alm, so these are quite easy to keep on the magic 6er. The bottom of the blue to Vorderglemm (2b) will often be bumpy but it's not easy to get back up there again! At the other end of the valley, the bottom of the blue under the Hochalmbahn will have moguls.

If you're feeling adventurous, head off to Fieberbrunn and try the ski routes. These are excellent fun and are not pisted.
snow report
@Tiefschneetaucher, testing information https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/safe-together
latest report
Thanks both! We’re staying in Vorderglemm so get to do the 2b every evening. Routes definitely on our list.
snow conditions
@Tiefschneetaucher, We did 2a yesterday morning fabulous condition, no bumps, but that will no doubt change in the afternoon.

I can highly recommend the food at the Tiroler Baum , https://www.tirolerbuam.at/de/
snow report
Excellent. Walking distance from our apartment so thanks for the tip!
snow conditions
@Tiefschneetaucher, we make an effort to eat there at least once each trip, you can go upmarket or just have a pizza from their wood fired oven, the Liebe Heimat is also good, https://www.liebe-heimat.at/en/restaurant/restaurant-heimat/
snow report
Thank you!
latest report
Sorry if this pisses anyone off, but the skiing conditions today were just fantastic, as good as I’ve ever known them: sunny, cold, powdery pistes, and gloriously uncrowded. @radar, would you concur?
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, I'm supposed the be there right now...so no, you're not helping!
latest report
tatmanstours wrote:
Sorry if this pisses anyone off, but the skiing conditions today were just fantastic, as good as I’ve ever known them: sunny, cold, powdery pistes, and gloriously uncrowded. @radar, would you concur?

Fingers crossed it's as good in 2 and a bit weeks' time when we are due to arrive! Like a kid and Christmas counting down the sleeps......
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tatmanstours wrote:

Yes, I thought yesterday was good especially 2a, today was excellent , skiing of the Zwolferkogel was fabulous, especially 35 still corduroy and that was after 11!
latest report
A Soul House question, we are planning to go back for their excellent ribs, does anyone know what the difference is in the three areas of the restaurant “STARTUP", "MAINSTAGE" AND "HIGHEND"
ski holidays
@radar, no idea. I’ve had worrying reports about the Soul House this season. Appalling service and poor food. Staffing problems?
FWIW I had pretty good ribs at Bauer’s Schialm a couple of weeks ago. It’s certainly worth trying to find out where they do the best ones, now that they seem to be off the menu in Bobby’s and the Schattberg Stub’n, and of course the Hungry Deer has closed.
I’ve had good reports of the food at the Maisalm, but I don’t know if they do ribs.
ski holidays
@tatmanstours, Heading to Zell this weekend and was wandering if the Blue 168 is opened as it was closed the last few times we were there.
snow report
@tatmanstours, thanks the ribs at the Soul house are a bit different as they have their own smoker, will have a think
latest report
@Chick, no it’s closed; in fact it hasn’t been open yet this season. Also the Hecherhuette (restaurant halfway down and my favourite) is currently closed “through illness”.
latest report
@Chick, it’s closed at the moment, Saalbach has a live map https://www.saalbach.com/en
snow report
Thanks . Pity as would be handy getting back to Zell from Leogang.
ski holidays
@radar, a couple of years ago I was prepared to put up with the dire service at the Soul House to partake of their superlative smoked ribs... but we need you to go and sample them to see if it’s still worth it.
ski holidays
@Chick, AFAIK the ski bus runs from the Schönleitenbahn lift station (bottom of piste 161a) to the Zell am See Xpress every 10 minutes, and it’s an 8 minute ride, so not much longer - if at all - than skiing down piste 168.
snow conditions
Oh that's excellent, I hadn't spotted the connection! Adding the Schmittenhöhe to my list of things to ski in February then.
snow conditions
@tatmanstours, Thanks .Yes we got the bus the last time we were there just would be less hassle skiing down to the zell am zee express.
Its amazing how the Hecherhuette survives being halfway down a piste that is closed for half the season .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy