Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No skiing (or drinking or eating) unless you're double-jabbed in CH?

Poster: A snowHead
[quote="Alastair Pink"]
Nadenoodlee wrote:
AZ in Europe should be fine - AZ in UK - not fine.

ouch...what about a booster from one of the others?

did anybody resolve the "invalid signature" issue on the Swiss app
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The way I am reading all the Swiss documents is that the UK vaccinations are recognised but our certificate is not currently technically compatible with the Swiss app.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/entry-requirements

FCDO website is quoting:

Children under 18 are not required to test if they are accompanied by adults.

"You will be regarded as vaccinated if you have been vaccinated with a vaccine that either:

is authorised in Switzerland and has been administered in full in accordance with Federal Office of Public Health recommendations;
or
has been authorised by the European Medicines Agency for the European Union and has been administered in full in accordance with the requirements or recommendations of the country in which the vaccination was administered;
or
has been authorised under the WHO Emergency Use Listing and has been administered in full in accordance with the requirements or recommendations of the country in which the vaccination was administered.

This includes the AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen vaccines that are available in the UK."

This appears to be different to what is being reported locally?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 14-09-21 21:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gilberts Fridge wrote:
The way I am reading all the Swiss documents is that the UK vaccinations are recognised but our certificate is not currently technically compatible with the Swiss app.

Agreed...I think its a technical issue, not a policy issue.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gilberts Fridge wrote:

UK vaccination certificates are recognised by immigration authorities. Hence your NHS app or printed certificate will mean you do not have to quarantine on entry into CH. However they are not recognised for the covid certificate that allows you to use indoor spaces (e.g restaurants).

This will be sorted. The only question is how long it takes. The tourist authorities will want to sort it out for US visitors as well. In financial terms Germans (who are fine with their certificate) are the biggest CHF number followed by US then Brits.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting article with some info on what’s taking place in parliament to address the issue. It's definitely a policy issue, rather than merely technical.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-covid-certificate-draws-boundaries/46946176
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@telford_mike, interesting article.

Tricky question. I must confess that while harmonisation with the EU (and thus, by happy circumstance US and UK) seems somewhat necessary, the WHO, driven by their own mission and political pressures have recognised some vaccines of dubious effectiveness.

I can understand reluctance on that part.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And to be fair to the WHO, they were ahead of the game in pointing out some months ago that harmonisation would be a big issue if countries' didn't start to work on the problem. Firstly, in terms of harmonising approvals (to avoid the 'Yes it's AZ, but it's your AZ, not my AZ' situation, or the US saying 'China's Sinovac is a commie plot' ... ) and second harmonising certificates - so that a cert reader in CH can read a QR generated in the USA or China etc. (albeit its the data inside the QR code that's the problem, not reading and deciphering the code itself).

I suppose we'll get there in the end, one way or another and one way to view it all is that this makes us better prepared for the next epidemic ....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@LaForet, that is definitely a good way to view it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Get a test, go to the pub Very Happy

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 15-09-21 17:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@telford_mike, Might want to have a go at blanking your DoB again.

Does that mean you have the Swiss app with a UK cert or am I missing something.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gilberts Fridge, Swiss cert, with Swiss app. It was the only thing that was going to work for me, and I want to go to the pub tonight.

Big row going on in parliament today, as the free tests that we get at the moment will have to be paid for from the beginning of October.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@telford_mike, Shame for us non Swiss based folks. Looks like we will be able to come to the apartment but beers at home or the terrace. Not an issue for us as whilst we like the odd beer or three, happy to have it at home as much as the pub. Les Collons is not exactly the party centre of the Valais either.

Hoping to get out early October to sort some admin out.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is this likely to have any effect on transiting through Geneva Airport to France?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Is this likely to have any effect on transiting through Geneva Airport to France?

No - UK vax cert fine to enter CH (indeed not been checked in 3 recent trips). This is for indoor dining (and lifts?).
ski holidays
andy from embsay wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

No - UK vax cert fine to enter CH (indeed not been checked in 3 recent trips). This is for indoor dining (and lifts?).

I was thinking more of whether it would restrict access to airport bars and restaurants. It would be a shame not to be able to hang around in the Jazz bar. And will it prevent staying in airport hotels in the Swiss side?
snow conditions
@sugarmoma666, I’m assuming they’ll have sorted it by the winter.
snow conditions
sugarmoma666 wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

I was thinking more of whether it would restrict access to airport bars and restaurants. It would be a shame not to be able to hang around in the Jazz bar. And will it prevent staying in airport hotels in the Swiss side?

It won’t prevent staying in hotels, but you won’t be able to use the hotel bar or restaurant.

Having said all that, it’s largely being ignored in our village, so you may be able to do exactly as you please snowHead
snow report
JohnMo wrote:
Gilberts Fridge wrote:

UK vaccination certificates are recognised by immigration authorities. Hence your NHS app or printed certificate will mean you do not have to quarantine on entry into CH. However they are not recognised for the covid certificate that allows you to use indoor spaces (e.g restaurants).

This will be sorted. The only question is how long it takes.

Looks like it's being sorted: https://twitter.com/dicconb/status/1438171168649928712

Quote "Good news. Canton Valais has a way for non-EU visitors to get a vaccination record turned into a Swiss Covid app certificate that can be used within Switzerland. You must be double vaccinated with an approved vaccine but it looks fairly simple to use. https://tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat? "

and "As of next week all Swiss cantons will offer the conversion of valid non-EU Covid certificates as long as the vaccine is approved by Swiss Medics and the EMA (Pfizer, BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Janssen/Johnson & Johnson)"
and "Short update: The Federal Council will meet tomorrow Friday (17/9) and the final decision how non-EU certificates will be handled will be communicated during a media conference in the afternoon."

Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
JohnMo wrote:
Gilberts Fridge wrote:

This will be sorted. The only question is how long it takes.

Looks like it's being sorted: https://twitter.com/dicconb/status/1438171168649928712

Quote "Good news. Canton Valais has a way for non-EU visitors to get a vaccination record turned into a Swiss Covid app certificate that can be used within Switzerland. You must be double vaccinated with an approved vaccine but it looks fairly simple to use. https://tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat? "

and "As of next week all Swiss cantons will offer the conversion of valid non-EU Covid certificates as long as the vaccine is approved by Swiss Medics and the EMA (Pfizer, BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Janssen/Johnson & Johnson)"
and "Short update: The Federal Council will meet tomorrow Friday (17/9) and the final decision how non-EU certificates will be handled will be communicated during a media conference in the afternoon."

Madeye-Smiley

The Valais/Wallis conversion page at present only works if you have one of the three Swiss-approved vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna/Janssen(J&J). However, as you say this looks like it is being sorted at a federal level so hopefully all fine in a few days time.
ski holidays
Just announced that from Monday, the SwissCovid certificate will also be available to vaccinated tourists, as long as the vaccination is with a Swiss or EMA approved vaccine (i.e. Pfizer, Moderna, AZ or J&J). It is not forseen to extend to all WHO approved vaccines. To get the SwissCovid certificate you’ll need to contact the office for the canton where you are staying. There will be a transition period until October 10, during which tourists may present their foreign vaccination certificate or card instead of the SwissCovid certificate.
snow report
Gämsbock wrote:
To get the SwissCovid certificate you’ll need to contact the office for the canton where you are staying. There will be a transition period until October 10, during which tourists may present their foreign vaccination certificate or card instead of the SwissCovid certificate.

Cheers. Makes sense as seemed pretty dumb that they let you into Switzerland with AZ but then wouldn’t let you into a restaurant!

Is there a link for that. Would be interested to know how you “contact” a Canton, what you provide, is there a lead time and what they give you as a cert? Maybe early days for all that given they’ve given themselves until Oct 10 to transition.
latest report
@ster, I just read it in the summary of the press conference this afternoon in my local paper online which is paywalled. It also says each canton will be responsible for providing a contact for the recognition and that there will be a federal page which summarises the links for each canton. I guess this means they have not exactly figured out the details yet. There will be a link in the coming days with the info from the press conference, I expect in English too for this one as it impacts entry.

They are also strengthening the entry rules: everyone entering will have to complete an electronic PLR form from Monday, çif vaccinated and irrespective of mode of transport (specifically including entry by bike!). Those who are not vaccinated or recovered will additionally need to do two COVID tests: one prior to entry and a further one 7 days after entry.
snow report
Been chatting to a few people about how a Covid Certificate could work for skiing. Suggested that you would need it to buy your lift pass, but not need to show it again after that
snow report
@Gämsbock, thanks. I see that there is the same info in English on the Federal Council website media release section.

Does say the docs can be “submitted electronically” but that can cover a lot of sins.

Just awaiting the details , where the devil is usually found!
ski holidays
Sounds like rather a slow and bureaucratic way to give tourists Swiss covid passes - won’t ski cantons be submerged with tourist requests in ski season? Hopefully this will also be possible in advance. In France they just tweaked their app and we (AZ/UK) could use it.
snow report
@ster, press release in English here.
https://bit.ly/3hIN0NR

@Skimum1, yeah, you would think they need a more efficient solution. I read today’s announcement as “there will be a solution, details to follow/be worked out, interim solution in the meantime”. It will be interesting to see if the pass requirement is even still in place in winter season - given it is mainly a tool to encourage vaccination uptake and that will hit a natural ceiling pretty soon. Or whether they do something like terraces only for everyone (last winter here was takeaway only).
snow conditions
Quote:
As of 20 September, anyone who has been vaccinated abroad with a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and who is resident in or travelling to Switzerland will be able to obtain a Swiss COVID certificate. This means that people who have been vaccinated abroad or have recovered abroad, such as tourists, can also participate in social activities here. Currently, only the certificates of countries using the EU Digital COVID Certificate are compatible with the Swiss system.

The documents can be submitted electronically. Each canton must designate a contact point for persons who have been vaccinated abroad. All cantonal contact points will be listed on a federal website. A federal working group (FDHA, FDFA, FDF) will oversee implementation together with the cantons and other agencies (data protection). The aim is to find a solution that is as efficient, straightforward and user-oriented as possible. In a transitional phase until 10 October 2021, all foreign vaccination certificates (e.g. WHO vaccination certificate) will be valid for access to events or facilities requiring a COVID certificate.

Fully vaccinated travellers from the UK can continue entering Switzerland without testing or quarantining and the changes just communicated mean that as of this Monday, 20 September the persons with the NHS certificate and the people vaccinated with AZ in the UK can obtain the Swiss certificate that allows them to participate in social life (eg. restaurant visits etc.)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gämsbock wrote:

@Skimum1, yeah, you would think they need a more efficient solution. I read today’s announcement as “there will be a solution, details to follow/be worked out, interim solution in the meantime”. It will be interesting to see if the pass requirement is even still in place in winter season - given it is mainly a tool to encourage vaccination uptake and that will hit a natural ceiling pretty soon. Or whether they do something like terraces only for everyone (last winter here was takeaway only).

I guess some places’ solution maybe to not even ask to see it?
snow conditions
@ster, it seems a bit chaotic here at the moment not to mention a bit random where it is needed vs where it isn’t, but hopefully should be all sorted out for the winter.
snow report
ster wrote:
Gämsbock wrote:

I guess some places’ solution maybe to not even ask to see it?

Possibly. A friend of mine has been out at his apartment in the 4 valleys this week. The restaurants have been happy to accept his NHS certificate. However a friend of his who runs a hotel/restaurant was warned in the last day to stop accepting NHS certificates. He had had to contact his British guests arriving this weekend and ask them to get tests in Switzerland to load onto the Swiss app (or get paper certificate) if they wanted to use the restaurant. Thankfully from Monday they will now of course be fine with their NHS certificates. However it does show that there is some policing of the system going on.
ski holidays
@Gämsbock, am I correct in understanding that if you have a vaccine pass on your phone for an EU country, then that will work as it is?
ski holidays
Do anti-vaxers get a double jab followed by a right cross or an uppercut?
latest report
Scarlet wrote:
@Gämsbock, am I correct in understanding that if you have a vaccine pass on your phone for an EU country, then that will work as it is?

Yes, that is already accepted no issues.
latest report
In our canton (Bern) applications for Covid certificates are submitted electronically via a web page: https://www.gsi.be.ch/de/start/themen/coronavirus/zertifikat/antrag-fuer-personen-mit-impfung-oder-erkrankung-im-ausland/zertifikat-nach-impfung-im-ausland.html

People using this report quick turnaround times - as little as 15 minutes.
ski holidays
There's also an English webpage explaining the changes here: https://foph-coronavirus.ch/certificate/how-do-i-get-a-covid-certificate-and-how-do-i-use-it/#contents1
latest report
We found that the NHS (2 of 2) certificate loaded onto the French AntiCovid app was accepted every time we were checked this week in Verbier - essentially the name matched the passport used for ID and the vaccination details were there - the minor matter of an invalid signature error appeared to be ignored.

However, https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland was updated today to say "NHS Covid Certificates will be accepted for entry into indoor hospitality, cultural activities and indoor events from 20 September".
latest report
@telford_mike,

Thanks.
I note that the Bern application vaccination section doesn't list the AstraZeneca Vaxzevria as a second jab. And has this:

A Swiss COVID vaccination certificate can only be issued if you have been vaccinated with a vaccine approved in Switzerland (as of August 26, 2021):
Spikevax ("Moderna")
Comirnaty (‘Pfizer / BioNTech’)
Janssen COVID-19 vaccine ("Johnson & Johnson")
Mix-Match 1st dose of Vaxzevria (“AstraZeneca”) with 1 dose of Spikevax (“Moderna”) or 1 dose of Comirnaty (“Pfizer / BioNTech”)

So, we are 2 initial doses AZ but will be getting a booster of Pfizer or Moderna in Dec.

In view of UK Gov website, hope this is just an error.
snow report
@colinstone, go back one page and click on the link I posted (and another snowhead before me) and you will see that AZ x 2 is ok.
snow conditions
@Nadenoodlee, link at your post of 14 Sep 1835?

Which has this:
Achtung: Vollständige Impfungen nur mit Vaxzevria («AstraZeneca») (2 Dosen) sind in der Schweiz nicht anerkannt und berechtigen nicht für ein schweizerisches COVID-Impfzertifikat.

Attention: Complete vaccinations only with Vaxzevria ("AstraZeneca") (2 doses) are not recognized in Switzerland and do not entitle you to a Swiss COVID vaccination certificate.

So, I'm not sure what you are reading??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy