Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No skiing (or drinking or eating) unless you're double-jabbed in CH?

Poster: A snowHead
@martinperry, it's invalid because they aren't vaccinated, most if not all of Europe are fully vaccinating teenagers. Join the people at the end of this thread and start kicking up a fuss about it.
https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156480&highlight=
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone else having no luck with the Swiss apps?
Mine say my certificate has expired. Have reinstalled and refreshed everything, downloaded new NHS vaccine Cert (double jabbed) and it’s “Valide” on the French TAC Verif.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Worked for me with my fresh pass. Does the app need an update?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, no, everything is newly installed and refreshed. Husband’s works but not mine (nor randomly my mum’s)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mine worked fine - downloaded a new NHS pass on 1st as PDF and added it - all good (assuming the "only valid with an ID doc! isnt a problem
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@martinperry, ID doc is just a form of photo ID, driving licence, passport etc. No real problem.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Including my resolution here in case anyone else seems to have a problem. The iPad I was using for the Swiss checker app was a bit elderly, although it was blaming my certificate being invalid. Once I ditched the old iPad and used my phone, everything validated fine. Phew!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can add other people's certificates to the swiss app too- i have mine and husband’s. Still need ID but good back up in case the phone dies etc
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
You can add other people's certificates to the swiss app too- i have mine and husband’s. Still need ID but good back up in case the phone dies etc

Top tip! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@telford_mike, and did you see the Migros news? I think I am an Oracle! And i predict a good winter snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@telford_mike, and did you see the Migros news? I think I am an Oracle! And i predict a good winter snowHead snowHead

I thought the same when I read it! Very Happy Very Happy Keep dancing!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Its all rather unfathomable - particularly the actual Swiss authorities websites which are gibberish. This is the best I can find:

https://www.skiclub.co.uk/info-and-advice/covid-restrictions-202122/switzerland
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Which I presume means all the cantonal 30CHF pass blah blah stuff is all redundant.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, the Swiss checker app will now happily read an NHS barcode. There’s no need to get a Swiss one.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
telford_mike wrote:
Yes, the Swiss checker app will now happily read an NHS barcode. There’s no need to get a Swiss one.

I am going to presume that you are miss using NHS when you actually mean NHS England. Does anyone know if it accepts the NHS Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland codes?
snow report
As a sample here says yes: https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-19-vaccination-certification/

I still havent figured out what to do with a 17yo with incomplete vaccination. Implication is get a PCR test on the ground in CH and then you will be able to show it on Swiss covid app.
ski holidays
mcgroa wrote:
As a sample here says yes: https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-19-vaccination-certification/

I still havent figured out what to do with a 17yo with incomplete vaccination. Implication is get a PCR test on the ground in CH and then you will be able to show it on Swiss covid app.

A quick Antigen test will do fine for 48 hours, and yes, you get a barcode which the Swiss app will accept.
ski holidays
jabuzzard wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

I am going to presume that you are miss using NHS when you actually mean NHS England. Does anyone know if it accepts the NHS Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland codes?

Gosh you are so defensive. I am not presuming anything about where you live in the U.K. Just trying to help. How the hell would I know about anywhere else, since I live in Switzerland. How much help do you need? If you had access to the internet, you could probably find the answers yourself.
ski holidays
Quote:

I am going to presume that you are miss using NHS

@telford_mike, he's also calling you a girl.
snow conditions
Just had this from HM Gov alert, that looks like Xmas off the table.

“Updated entry requirements for arrivals from the UK. From 8pm on 27 November 2021, you must have proof of vaccination and proof of a negative COVID-19 test result to enter Switzerland. On entry, you must also self-quarantine for 10 days. This is an emerging issue and more detail will be provided as the Swiss Government make further announcements.”
snow report
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/liste.html
ski holidays
@ster, yep. Unless you live in French border zone I doubt they will let you in. Just sobbing as my family visits are off.
ski holidays
Hi @Nadenoodlee,
Yes my family don't think they can come back to the UK for Christmas Crying or Very sad
latest report
I was supposed to be going on the Pre Season Bash via GVA next Saturday,
Don't know about that now Puzzled
snow report
@DrLawn, I strongly doubt FR or IT will let you in by next weekend either and so sorry to hear about your family not getting back. Shitty Saturday.
ski holidays
From the FOPH site 17:03 this evening:

'En Tchéquie, dans les Pays-Bas, dans le Royaume-Uni, en Égypte et au Malawi, le variant Omicron a été détecté. Les personnes entrant en Suisse doivent présenter, à l'embarquement dans un avion et à l'entrée en Suisse, un test COVID-19 négatif et se placer 10 jours en quarantaine.'

Which I translate as 'upon boarding a 'plane and entering Switzerland'.

Originally as a tweet from the OFSP the Federal Office of Public Health (on the right side of the FOPH landing page, half way down).

The FOPH's useful AI Travelcheck Q&A system (which asks you a series of questions and then delivers a specific answer on entry requirements) is being updated, it says. So that's worth checking later when it comes back online to see if the rules allow overland arrivals or not.

So as I said, this is all reminiscent of the previous Delta episode, when there was a lot of confusion initially about the quarantine requirement and then it turned out that it only applied to people arriving by 'plane. It was fine if you arrived by rail, boat or car from an adjacent country (tautology anyway, as if you aren't flying you must be arriving by rail, car or ferry from an adjacent country). But of course, it could be different this time and the 'l'embarquement dans un avion' might just be someone using the same phrase as before. We'll probably need a few days of intra-federal coordination before the definitive details are clear.

Obviously, my sympathies to anyone already tied to flying into GVA as the quarantine requirement is bad news for them. And even for the likes of us, booked to drive down, it doesn't bode well: I'm thinking it's entirely likely that it'll either get extended, or the French will impose quarantine on all Brits anyway. It's not as if we've engineered a benign cordiality with them in the last week.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 27-11-21 23:00; edited 7 times in total
latest report
How does it work flying home from Geneva?

We’re going Val Thorens to Geneva and home to U.K. via Brussels
snow report
So, is it going to be possible to fly to Geneva on Dec 18th? And if so, is any country going to let us in? And even if we get in, are we going to be able to ski?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DrLawn wrote:
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/liste.html

Thing is that list is pointless. That is only the list of countries where it has been detected. Based on past experience the new variant is almost certainly already in Switzerland along with most if not all other countries in the EU.

Of course it doesn't help the joker in charge in the UK restricts travel at some point in the future rather than with immediate effect. The definition of insanity is repeatedly doing something that doesn't work expecting different results.

Oh well looks like my ski holiday to Switzerland at the end of February is not going to happen now Sad
ski holidays
james75 wrote:
So, is it going to be possible to fly to Geneva on Dec 18th? And if so, is any country going to let us in? And even if we get in, are we going to be able to ski?
according to this https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#2005127624 "Is it still be possible to travel through Switzerland?" section "It is only possible to enter Switzerland from a high-risk country in order to travel on to another Schengen state for a short stay of up to 90 days if you can prove that you have been vaccinated (see “How can I prove that I am vaccinated?”). Persons under 18 may enter Switzerland if they are travelling with an adult who has been vaccinated.
Otherwise the normal requirements for entering Switzerland apply.".

So I read that as a yes : it will be possible to use Geneva airport for French ski holidays (as long as the French don't also panic obviously)..
snow report
@jabuzzard, exactly.
ski holidays
I think a 3 day pause on worrying about anything after next week would be appropriate. 10 flights from South Africa landed at Zurich last week, daily from Joburg and 3 from Cape Town. Omicron will be in Switzerland.
We just have to wait and see how much worse it is for health outcomes than Delta, then we will know how much to worry.
snow conditions
@chocksaway, agreed, have all jabs, wear a mask, be sensible, and otherwise carry on as normal. A lot of people are getting to the stage that sensible risk, is a reasonable thing in order to have a life. The emphasis is on sensible.
ski holidays
Had an email from Swiss(air) - we're flying tomorrow:

'Only the following passengers are allowed to board direct flights from the United Kingdom to Switzerland:

Nationals of Switzerland and EEA members states and their families
Residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein
Residents of Schengen Member states, returning to their country of residence
Holders of a Visa Type D for Switzerland'.
snow report
@telford_mike, well that is quite finite.
snow conditions
All very bizarre. A plane load of Swiss nationals positive with omicron could happily disembark at GVA...surely PCR negative within 48hrs would be a much better precaution than nationality alone?
ski holidays
@Dravot, they have to test negative to enter and quarantine for 10 days.
snow report
Dravot wrote:
All very bizarre. A plane load of Swiss nationals positive with omicron could happily disembark at GVA...surely PCR negative within 48hrs would be a much better precaution than nationality alone?

As far as I understand it, Swiss nationals and residents travelling from UK to switz have to test negative within 24 hrs and quarantine for 10 days, irrespective of vaccine status.

I'm about to cancel my UK trip in 10 days' time, though it might well change by then when they realise Omicron is ubiquitous.
latest report
@telford_mike, so that's geneva out of the skiing equation then !
ski holidays
So driving to CH is OK then??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy