Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No skiing (or drinking or eating) unless you're double-jabbed in CH?

Poster: A snowHead
@midgetbiker, on this list of “where is COVID certificate required” airports are not listed. I cannot imagine that they could make a Swiss COVID certificate mandatory for entry to GVA airport without publicizing it.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat/covid-zertifikat-einsatz.html

My experience of airports recently has been that no online check-in is permitted as they do the document check at check-in. As part of this, they check you are vaccinated or tested. I wonder if your mate was checked at entry to airport to just to move that check from check-in to entry? I.e. were they just checking he was vaccinated rather than that he had a Swiss COVID certificate?

Here it says the use of COVID certificate is not anticipated for public transport or airport transit zones.
https://foph-coronavirus.ch/certificate/where-can-the-covid-certificate-be-used/#contents04
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gämsbock wrote:
@midgetbiker, note that @telford_mike tried the certificate conversion via the TAC and it did not work but also note the BAG link above by which you don’t need it (unless visiting a landslide restaurant is critical).

This could be interesting w.r.t. the PSB when ~100 SHs are gathering in Geneva airport to wait for the lardy bus. snowHead It sounds like we might not be welcome in the Jazz Cafe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sugarmoma666, I’m pretty sure they’ll be setup for takeaway and the gathering of snowheads will just move to immediately outside the Jazz Cafe. Or the terrace.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gämsbock wrote:
@midgetbiker, on this list of “where is COVID certificate required” airports are not listed. I cannot imagine that they could make a Swiss COVID certificate mandatory for entry to GVA airport without publicizing it.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat/covid-zertifikat-einsatz.html

My experience of airports recently has been that no online check-in is permitted as they do the document check at check-in. As part of this, they check you are vaccinated or tested. I wonder if your mate was checked at entry to airport to just to move that check from check-in to entry? I.e. were they just checking he was vaccinated rather than that he had a Swiss COVID certificate?

Here it says the use of COVID certificate is not anticipated for public transport or airport transit zones.
https://foph-coronavirus.ch/certificate/where-can-the-covid-certificate-be-used/#contents04

Thx, airports not being on the list is a comfort. You may well be right on the entry check being more akin to the border requirement than the pub requirement.

I've emailed GVA for a hopefully definitive answer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like from tomorrow there'll be no need for UK travellers to Switzerland to stump up CHF30 in order to get the CH Covid Certificate, as from that date the EU Digital Covid Certificate app will recognise UK vaccination certificate status, and Switzerland recognises the EU app? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/eu-gives-go-ahead-nhs-covid-pass-proof-full-vaccination?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I read that too. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gämsbock, Easyjet seem to be allowing online checkin for those with no hold luggage, but the PLF/vaccination checks for these people are all done when actually boarding the place, rather than at luggage drop off. Those dropping off luggage get a sticker (like primary school...) which shows you've had your paperwork checked when doing this, so you don't need doing again when boarding.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowhound, I did fly Easyjet over the summer and outbound we weren‘t allowed to check-in online but inbound we were, though we didn‘t as we had luggage and I only realised late anyway. If they were checking some passengers at the gate on either flight I didn‘t notice, though I probably wouldn‘t unless there was a big queue/hold-up.

@Alastair Pink, that looks positive!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Mrs and daughters just got back from Menorca last week. Were allowed online check in both ways and the documentation checked in the queue before baggage drop off at Gatwick (automated) and at the drop off desk on return.
Mind you, both checks were cursory at best...more a quick glimpse to see if they actually had the necessary forms rather than what they actually entered on them. And no check of the PLF pre-booked test numbers at all...but that's another thread!
All in all, quite a lot of wasted time and money, adding little more than yet more covid contagion theatre.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just tried reading my NHS QR code with the Swiss Covid checker app. Nothing has changed - it still fails with an 'invalid signature' message.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@telford_mike, maybe you have to go the intermediate step of getting the UK certificate accepted on the EU digital pass app, then using that?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Alastair Pink, Good thought. Imported my cert into TAC and checked it with the Swiss checker. Exactly the same result. Looks like the IT changes haven’t quite happened.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@telford_mike, has the app updated? It may be that it needs to be updated before the NHS QR code is accepted.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It seems that it goes live on Monday, and that you will need to redownload your codes after it goes live.
Thanks to @GeorgeVII who posted this in a new thread.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@pieman666, Certainly deserves its own thread Very Happy
ski holidays
midgetbiker wrote:
Gämsbock wrote:

Thx, airports not being on the list is a comfort. You may well be right on the entry check being more akin to the border requirement than the pub requirement.

I've emailed GVA for a hopefully definitive answer.

GVA never replied to the enquiry via their webform rolling eyes

On the day: No one checked anything until boarding at the gate (and then it was the UK entry requirements). Swiss Tours never asked for TAC, no one asked for anything as we entered CH at the border, as we entered GVA at the door, as we cleared security, or when we checked into either of the lounges we used. Never used a food outlet so can't speak to that.

Anyway, shouldn't we be all set on Monday, once we (UK) join the EU Covid Cert?
latest report
snowhound wrote:
@Gämsbock, Easyjet seem to be allowing online checkin for those with no hold luggage, but the PLF/vaccination checks for these people are all done when actually boarding the place, rather than at luggage drop off. Those dropping off luggage get a sticker (like primary school...) which shows you've had your paperwork checked when doing this, so you don't need doing again when boarding.

Our experience too - online checkin and straight to the gate at both MCR and GVA as we never have luggage with us. Docs checked at the gate. Flew with EJ from Mallorca where we had bikes and they checked docs at check in - then checked them again at the gate!
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
snowhound wrote:

Our experience too - online checkin and straight to the gate at both MCR and GVA as we never have luggage with us. Docs checked at the gate. Flew with EJ from Mallorca where we had bikes and they checked docs at check in - then checked them again at the gate!

EJ from GVA yesterday was online check in.

Ryanair from AGP in early Aug was check in at desk only, so they could check docs (though at least they weren't checked again at gate).
ski holidays
Re: Swiss form and getting checked. From my experience its self policing to some extent, they trust you to do it. If you don’t do it and they catch you then its a chf fine.

Same with transfer into France. Its Schengen, freedom of movement, they're not stopping cars for passports- more like electrical goods. But if they do stop you and you haven’t done it then they can ruin your day.

Do it, don’t do it. Its less paperwork than needed to book a sodding cinema ticket in the UK online.
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Re: Swiss form and getting checked. From my experience its self policing to some extent, they trust you to do it. If you don’t do it and they catch you then its a chf fine.

Same with transfer into France. Its Schengen, freedom of movement, they're not stopping cars for passports- more like electrical goods. But if they do stop you and you haven’t done it then they can ruin your day.

Do it, don’t do it. Its less paperwork than needed to book a sodding cinema ticket in the UK online.

Agreed, the French attestation and CH PLF are 1 min jobs. The UK PLF on the other hand is a pita.
latest report
Swiss App worked for me just now, using NHS certificate as PDF
Now showing QR code and "Valid in combination with an ID document"
Didnt need the EU version.
Now to see if my single vaxxed 16 year olds will be accepted!
snow report
martinperry wrote:
Swiss App worked for me just now, using NHS certificate as PDF
Now showing QR code and "Valid in combination with an ID document"
Didnt need the EU version.
Now to see if my single vaxxed 16 year olds will be accepted!

You don’t need to import it into the Swiss (or French) app either - the QR code is the same and comes up as valid when scanned by the French or Swiss validation apps.
latest report
@andy from embsay, so all you need now is the valid NHS QR (in Apple wallet, email pdf , paper version or logging into the NHS app)

And the Swiss QR reader used by the merchant to check it reads it ok?
latest report
Yep @ster - you can download both the French Tous Anti Covid Verif and the Swiss Covid Check apps from the app store (iOS, don’t know about Android) and both verify an NHS cert as valid, so you can check - but it works fine for my cert in the iOS wallet.

snow report
@andy from embsay, @ster, android have both of those apps for download as well.
snow conditions
I replaced my (non valid) QR code in the Swiss app with a new one. Now shows as valid until 27/3/22, but only "in combination with an identity document".

Won't be a problem in the Airport, as only in transit, and will have passport with me, but I don't normally carry my passport around with me on holiday.

Would a UK driving licence be acceptable?

The TAC and green pass apps accepted the code without problems.
ski holidays
@andy from embsay, top stuff.

I guess the only (v minor) thing to be aware by using the downloaded NHS QR directly is its 30 day validity period. Maybe a pain if it ran out an you couldn’t log onto the NHS App to renew.

Whereas its be commented on earlier that if you run it through the Swiss covid passport app it gives you (I think) a validity period of a year from 2nd vaccination.
latest report
@ster, good point - having learned from experience I shall be renewing my NHS certs if I ever need to send off a potentially positive PCR test, given that they disappear altogether for 10/12 days if it’s positive. And will certainly download them before any trip abroad, as I think you’ll need the NHS one to board a flight if the PLF won’t recognise your vax status (which it seems to regularly - about half our recent Mallorca lads’ trip couldn’t get it to work so had to show a certificate).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@andy from embsay, indeed, for that issue too which I have just experienced. I downloaded my cert just before doing a PCR which I thought would confirm a positive LFT and so it proved, and my cert is now gone when logging on.
ski holidays
Quote:

Would a UK driving licence be acceptable?

@brianatab, yes, assuming it is a photocard drivers license.
ski holidays
Looks like the Swiss authorities are keen to ensure restaurants etc check customers' covid certificate status. News from Zermatt: https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-police-arrest-restaurant-owners-who-refused-to-check-covid-certificates/47072366
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, there’s a bit more too it than just „refusing to check certificates“ - the owners of that restaurant are anti-vax COVID skeptics who have published their views on boards outside their restaurant and openly stated they that they will not comply with the rules for months now. They had already been ordered to close because of repeated COVID violations but had continued to open anyway.
ski holidays
The UK FCO travel advice page for Switzerland has now been updated to confirm that as of 1st November the UK NHS Covid Pass will be accepted for domestic purposes (e.g. entering restaurants etc) in Switzerland.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/coronavirus see the sub heading 'Covid-19 restrictions'

You will need to refresh the pass or print a new one if generated before 1st November for it to be accepted.
snow report
CathS wrote:
The UK FCO travel advice page for Switzerland has now been updated to confirm that as of 1st November the UK NHS Covid Pass will be accepted for domestic purposes (e.g. entering restaurants etc) in Switzerland.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/coronavirus see the sub heading 'Covid-19 restrictions'

You will need to refresh the pass or print a new one if generated before 1st November for it to be accepted.

And yes, it works Very Happy
snow conditions
Gämsbock wrote:
@Alastair Pink, there’s a bit more too it than just „refusing to check certificates“ - the owners of that restaurant are anti-vax COVID skeptics who have published their views on boards outside their restaurant and openly stated they that they will not comply with the rules for months now. They had already been ordered to close because of repeated COVID violations but had continued to open anyway.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss-police-arrest-restaurant-owners-who-refused-to-check-covid-certificates/47072366?utm_campaign=social_interactions&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=o
latest report
@colinstone, your link is to the same page that I linked to in my original comment about the situation in Zermatt. wink
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, they‘ve updated the story since yesterday to give a bit more background. To be honest, I see the story more as „how long did it take to shut them down“ rather than that „they have (finally) shut them down“!
snow conditions
@Gämsbock, yes, it does seem that the Police allowed them to flout the regulations for quite some time before arresting them.
snow report
U.K. Embassy in Switzerland just posted on Facebook and confirmed that all U.K. NHS passes now accepted in Switzerland (digital & paper), just need to be refreshed if updated before 1st November
ski holidays
Whitters wrote:
U.K. Embassy in Switzerland just posted on Facebook and confirmed that all U.K. NHS passes now accepted in Switzerland (digital & paper), just need to be refreshed if updated before 1st November

Do you know if that applies to single vaccinated 16 year olds?
They can get a UK pass, but when transposed into the Swiss app, it shows as invalid??
Thanks
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy