Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No skiing (or drinking or eating) unless you're double-jabbed in CH?

Poster: A snowHead
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Denner is bleak though. If Migros ever flogs booze their footfall will disappear overnight.
They never will, on historical grounds of anti-booze. However, they own Denner, who always sell cheap booze, and there's always a Denner next to a Migros! Go figure.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@telford_mike, Never say never.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
telford_mike wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Denner is bleak though. If Migros ever flogs booze their footfall will disappear overnight.
They never will, on historical grounds of anti-booze. However, they own Denner, who always sell cheap booze, and there's always a Denner next to a Migros! Go figure.

That explains why I was walking round Migros in Nendaz like a plank for 10 mins looking for the vin-rouge!

Out of interest, is Port or Sherry avail in Denner? It won't be xmas without these and I may have to bring some with me!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dravot wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:

That explains why I was walking round Migros in Nendaz like a plank for 10 mins looking for the vin-rouge!

Out of interest, is Port or Sherry avail in Denner? It won't be xmas without these and I may have to bring some with me!

I did the same in Migros in Meiringen a while back. Not sure about Port & Sherry in Denner.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dravot, you can get port in Aldi nearer xmas. I always ask friends to bring a bottle over
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@Dravot, you can get port in Aldi nearer xmas. I always ask friends to bring a bottle over

noted! one for the packing list then!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dravot, Port for sure. Sherry probably. Will take a look on next visit
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BobinCH wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Our double vax rate is shocking in CH. 90% of people in ICU here are not vaccinated.

This statistic says everything. I cannot fathom the arrogance of the « freedom » idiots who clearly couldn’t give a stuff about the doctors and nurses who have to deal with the consequences

The problem is there is a lack of personal downsides in choosing not to have the vaccine. My solution if you don't have a genuine medical reason for not taking the preventative medicines offered by the NHS then the NHS won't be picking up the bill for your treatment should you fall ill with said disease. I would apply it across all vaccinations not just COVID. I note in the USA insurance companies are starting to bump there premiums for those that don't get their jabs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just looking for season insurance and the BMC state
Quote:
Note: There shall be no cover if you or your travelling companion have refused or not taken up an offer of vaccination for Covid-19 (this means both doses if available to you or your travelling companion and the vaccine requires two doses) for any reason other than genuine medical grounds.

I think in relation to a covid related incident rather than no cover at all.... But they could mean it invalidates your insurance....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Back off to Täsch (near Zermatt) at the weekend. I have the Swiss Covid Cert app. I know you can get into restaurants, bars etc with your NHS certificate but I thought I might as well try to get the certificate onto the app.

I applied on Monday and it came through this morning. I am AZ vaccinated. I attached my NHS certificate as a pdf. The form asks for evidence of travel or right to be in Switzerland. I simply attached a pdf saying I was driving and that I owned an apartment - giving full address but not proof of ownership.

Website to apply for the canton of Valais (or Wallis as we would say in German) is here (in English):

https://tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat

latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
No lorry drivers, so food shortages, petrol Qs etc etc.
Note from North East England: Calm down, calm down! I've seen all that carry on on the TV but not locally. Plenty of food in the shops and haven't seen a garage with a queue or no fuel...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
No lorry drivers, so food shortages, petrol Qs etc etc.
Note from North East England: Calm down, calm down! I've seen all that carry on on the TV but not locally. Plenty of food in the shops and haven't seen a garage with a queue or no fuel...

Then you need to look a bit harder. There are definitely petrol stations in the north east of England who where out this week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First vaccine certificates in canton Bern were issued today, for folk vaccinated in U.K. Why on earth are UK fuel shortages being discussed this thread? Start another one in Apres!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was quite surprised at the diligence of checking CH certs in Zurich and Zug this week. I was checked everywhere and even in the communal lounges at work.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Nadenoodlee, I was more surprised to not be checked at GVA yesterday. Mind you, the waitress was clearly struggling to remember to breathe so maybe not so surprising.
snow report
@under a new name, arent airport eateries exempt?
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, this one had a sign outside saying "PS required inside" and she did say she'd control us when she came back and promptly forgot (this is landside), can't recall if I needed one at the cafe airside.
ski holidays
Hello friends... anybody with advice or guidance for US citizens hoping to ski Zermatt in January? The Swiss Covid Certificate app wouldn't take my US CDC QR vaccine certificate code. "Invalid." Thanks
latest report
@CJM, you need to apply for recognition in the canton in which you are staying. This is the link for Wallis/Valais, the canton in which Zermatt is located.
https://tracing-valais.ch/en/certificat
snow conditions
@Gamsbock - perfect. I filled it out and await confirmation. Appreciate the assistance.
latest report
@CJM, you’re welcome Happy
snow conditions
Thanks for all the great info from Swiss residents on this thread. In case there are any other Graubünden skiers looking, their site for conversion to the Swiss covid pass will be up and running from 11 October: https://www.graubuenden.ch/en/coronavirus-holidays#valid-certificates
Cost 30CHF per person, for 16+
However, I’m crossing my fingers for now and hoping the U.K. joins the EU scheme before too long as I think mine should then be valid without the need to further application. One less thing to worry about (for now…)
snow report
Skimum1 wrote:

However, I’m crossing my fingers for now and hoping the U.K. joins the EU scheme before too long as I think mine should then be valid without the need to further application. One less thing to worry about (for now…)

It doesn’t sound like this is too far away. Fingers crossed, otherwise UK guests are going to have all sorts of issues this winter.
latest report
FYI for the US crew, our Johnson & Johnson vaccine is the same as the Janssen, which is one of the approved options.
snow report
Submitted my application on Friday, had a phone call on Sunday afternoon to say that they couldn’t open my document and could I send it via email. Had my pass on Monday Eh oh!
ski holidays
taffvalais wrote:
Submitted my application on Friday, had a phone call on Sunday afternoon to say that they couldn’t open my document and could I send it via email. Had my pass on Monday Eh oh!

A civil servant phoned you on a Sunday? Wow!
latest report
I know, and she was very polite and friendly
ski holidays
The form to get your proof of foreign vaccination or recovery recognised as a Swiss COVID certificate has gone federal - i.e. no more applying to the individual canton. Here‘s the link to apply:
https://covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign

EDIT: And it seems it now costs 30 CHF for tourists to apply Sad

EDIT2: And you need proof that you are entering Switzerland (e.g. hotel accommodation, travel ticket) to apply.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Free in France and simply done from NHS app. 30 CHF - typically Swiss who make money from everything.
Eg Credit Suisse in the bad news from back handers in Mozambique to both sides.
snow report
@colinstone, if you download the French app and load your UK certificate into it, does it then work also in Switzerland? I think I heard somewhere that it doesn‘t, but I cannot remember where and I may have my countries confused. We have a visitor in a few weeks who would be keen to avoid the 30 Fr. fee but will need it to work in Switzerland.
ski holidays
@Gämsbock, I don't know if the French app works in CH. It would be very handy if it did. I'll ask on another Forum.
snow report
@colinstone, thanks very much.
ski holidays
@Gämsbock
Just had a quick look here:
https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/How-to-update-Covid-vaccine-certificate-to-EU-format-via-TousAntiCovid

And the updated FR certificate has a small EU flag. Mine in the TAC app has the small EU flag, plus UK flag and "Digital Covid Certificate" .
So perhaps it does.
latest report
I haven’t kept up with all the recent posts so if it’s already been answered apologies, but has anyone been successful in getting a Swiss canton covid passport to allow entrance to hotels/shops/restaurants etc (maybe its done centrally now?) with a UK covid vaccination cert?

In particular the Valais one, as may have to commit to an Xmas trip soon but would like to get a steer on how easy or not this is proving to be.
ski holidays
@ster, see my post from this morning above with link. It‘s now central, but you have to pay.

@colinstone, thanks. Unfortunately I think he‘d need to know for sure beforehand, as if it doesn‘t work then it‘s then (up to) 5 days to apply for a converted Swiss one.
latest report
@Gämsbock, cheers.

Pay? Bloody gnomes!

But has anyone got one yet, i.e. is it easy and does it ultimately work?
latest report
ster wrote:
@Gämsbock, cheers.

Pay? Bloody gnomes!

I got one from Valais (i.e. before it went federal and they started charging). When I was over there it worked fine. It took two days from application to it coming through. I also have the French one but I assumed it would not be accepted in Switzerland when they scanned it (as it is my NHS code on the French app - works fine in France of course).
snow report
ster wrote:
@Gämsbock, cheers.

Pay? Bloody gnomes!

I got one from Bern - works fine.
snow report
@telford_mike, is that using the new central system?
ski holidays
Apologies if this is elsewhere am I just haven’t seen it. This is what is being reported about yesterday’s meeting.

Quote:

The Swiss government agreed with ski resorts on Tuesday afternoon that the Covid certificate will not be required to hit the ski slopes this winter.
The agreement came after a long debate about which protective measures should be introduced in the coming season, Swiss news outlet Blick reported on Tuesday.

The main question was whether the Covid certificate would be required in chairlifts or on the slopes in general.

The government said on Tuesday that it was confident the upcoming season would be safe despite not requiring the Covid certificate.
Switzerland’s Covid certificate demonstrates that the holder has either been vaccinated, has recovered from the virus recently or has tested negative.

The Covid certificate will not be required on the slopes or to take chairlifts. Ski areas are however free to put in place a Covid certificate requirement if they deem it appropriate.  It will however be required in bars and restaurants in the ski area, although people eating and drinking on terraces and balconies will not need a valid certificate. 

Masks will be required in chairlifts and on mountain railways and cable cars, the Federal Office of Public Health confirmed on Tuesday. 
This therefore means the rules in these areas reflect those in public transport. 

When making the announcement, the government was careful to reiterate that it had the final word on whether to change, i.e. tighten, the rules on the ski slopes.  Rudolf Hauri, President of the Association of Cantonal Doctors, indicated he was uncertain about whether the decision to not require Covid certificates was the right one – and suggested it would be subject to review. 
“As of now, I can’t tell you whether it’s the right way. That remains to be seen, I think the last word has not yet been said in this case.”

At the same press conference, government spokespeople said more needed to be done to boost the country’s flagging vaccination rate. 

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy