Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SWISS Air: 99% discount for kids age 2–11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For travel dates: 01 October 2021 - 15 December 2021 and 10 January 2022 - 31 August 2022

https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/family-promotion?utm_medium=email&utm_source=emarsys&utm_campaign=lx_uk_en_cw2136&utm_term=newsletter

And don’t forget, that with SWISS Air, ski gear goes free. snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swiss air went bust 20yrs ago. Its SWISS.

But this is great so thank you.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 10-09-21 12:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadenoodlee wrote:

Beat me to it!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nadenoodlee wrote:

But this is great so thank you.

I know that, I was just testing you Laughing

And it’s now, officially, “Swiss International Airlines” Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

And don’t forget, that with SWISS Air, ski gear goes free.

@Poogle,

not according to their website, i was comparing costs the other week for a flight from GVA to London at xmas, and SWISS charged for skis and boards at 80chf per ski bag (and states 1no set of skis and poles per bag!!!)

the cheapest, (light) fare for a flight was around 70chf at the time (now 80chf), with no hold luggage but wit one carry on bag, size not specified!.

just looked again to see if it is the same terms for baggage, and it appears to be so. do you have to be a frequent traveler with them for this, or am i being a complete numpty?

BA was 40chf for an economy seat you get one small and one large carry on bag, but no hold luggage. but with economy plus for 60chf you get one checked bag, which can be a a ski bag, a large carry on bag and an under seat one as well.

EJ outbound worked out, £25 for the flight, £37 for the checked in ski bag, and £15 to book an upfront seat so as i can take on the max size cabin bag (along with under seat bag)

BA outbound was around £140, EJ inbound was 105chf.

it does mean flying out LGW, and return LHR, but I am happy about using public transport to access the airports so not a biggie!!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@terrygasson, the cheapest SWISS tickets don't include any hold bags. You need the next step up (Economy Classic?) to get free ski carriage (in addition to a normal hold bag). I've taken 2 pairs of skis several times, though not in a coffin-style bag that is also rammed full of other kit.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
terrygasson wrote:
Quote:

And don’t forget, that with SWISS Air, ski gear goes free.

@Poogle,

…or am i being a complete numpty?

If you are, welcome to the club! Going green

According to their UK website skis go for free:

https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/prepare/baggage/sports-equipment

But their most basic “light” fare, does not include free ski carriage.

I find Swiss quite classy, and they have wonderful free chocolates.

And it is totally worth considering all the costs for all the different airlines. I often end up with a spreadsheet!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Poogle,

Quote:

If you are, welcome to the club!

thank you for the welcome, but i do feel i have been a member for several years now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yes, you must be right, seems i was getting re-directed to the Swiss version of the website, as i was getting quoted in CHF.

i will have to look at the UK version of the website now, just to see how the fares and free ski carriage stack up against its rivals

maybe you can share the spreadsheet on SH, though saying that, it will deprive me of the hours/days, of trawling the internet to get a fare £1 cheaper than elsewhere Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@terrygasson, I actually edited my reply, due to someone else above, pointing out that the very cheapest Swiss fair, does not include ski carriage.

So that could be the reason, rather than it being the UK website.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Poogle, cheers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lufthansa have the same deal...

https://www.lufthansa.com/gb/en/family-promotion
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy