Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jobs in Tignes 2021/22

Poster: A snowHead
Apologies for my anti Brexit post which appears to have stirred up a Unicorns nest.

This is a really useful thread for those looking to do a season in Tignes.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yellow Snow wrote:
I can never forgive the f**kwits that voted for Brexit

Don't blame those who voted for Brexit for the current situstion - blame those who voted for the current Parliament. It was the current crop of MPs who voted through the Brexit deal.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can a mod strip out all the Brexit stuff from this thread please? It was really useful but has descended into yet another pointless argument.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@telford_mike, it really hasn't..........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GreenDay, Oh yes it has…
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fruitless rather than pointless. But back to the valuable info on the thread....?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Back on track:-
Sherpa supermarket -Val Claret (aurore.pringuet@societeprinove.com)

Intersport (intersportbypitte.com)

Alapart (pauline@alapart.com)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Not forgetting that some of the parent/grandparent generation will have had their part/early retirement dreams snatched away also.

Is there is much truth in that? Spain and Portugal - the usual places for retirement - are still desperate for the Brits - or at least the ones who have cash; and the ones who didn't have cash were never either welcome or likely to go.

shep wrote:
having to break the news to them that their parents and grandparents have stolen their dreams and opportunities. It's tragic.

And indeed, plenty of young people voted for Brexit too. Almost one third of under-25s if pollsters are to be believed.

Over half the British population voted for Brexit and one forgets that at one's peril.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@James the Last,
“Over half the British population voted for Brexit and one forgets that at one's peril.”
This just plain wrong I am sorry to say, it was approximately 38% of the electorate.
Democracy is never so clear cut as you imagine!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
appartatignes.com
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you cant get a seasonal job in Tignes....
Ski Resorts in Canada worried about staff shortages
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/ski-resort-staff-shortage-seasonal-workers-1.6204056
https://xnewsnet.com/ski-resorts-around-the-bc-are-desperately-looking-for-staff-as-seasonal-workers-struggle-to-get-to-canada/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
James the Last wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Not forgetting that some of the parent/grandparent generation will have had their part/early retirement dreams snatched away also.

Is there is much truth in that? Spain and Portugal - the usual places for retirement - are still desperate for the Brits - or at least the ones who have cash; and the ones who didn't have cash were never either welcome or likely to go.

I don't see how there can't be truth in it - buying a retirement appt anywhere in Europe that you can only stay in for 90 of 180 days and have to do complex calender mgt over rather takes the shine off it. And no chance of picking up a bit of part time local work to supplement pensions.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another:-
CIS Immobiliser Tignes

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 20-10-21 14:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
countryman wrote:

I am eternally proud to be one.

I take it you aren't in fishing, construction, haulage, farming, care provision, hospitality, hotels or any business that exports or imports to/from the EU.

There is not one single benefit from it... unless you are a billionaire with all your money hidden in a tax haven. rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another two:-
Niurou Steakhouse (contact@niurousteakhouse.com)

Apex2100
latest report
Two via Facebook:-

Tori Collins

Duncan Weisters
ski holidays
Amazingly they still keep popping up:-

The Corner
snow report
Two more:-

tignes@stayhideout.com

Julie Regnouard ( via Facebook)
snow report
Been a couple of weeks:-

Tignes Cuisine

Blue Girl

quentin.misdariis@belambra.fr

jobs@rentalrepublic.co.uk

casting@whisper.tv

simon@descentes.eu (proof-reading new off-piste guide)
snow report
Chatting with a mate in resort, they are now advertising for cleaners for Sat and Sun at €150 per day.

Now where are my marigolds?
latest report
@Kenzie,

Blue Girl?

not sure that company name has been thought through properly Toofy Grin
snow report
@terrygasson,
You haven't been there, have you?
snow report
@chocksaway,
The casting@whisper.TV looks like it could be for a seasonnaire reality TV show. Puzzled
snow report
@Kenzie, no, (well, not in nearly 25 years anyway) but my interest is piqued now Very Happy
snow conditions
Kenzie wrote:
@chocksaway,
The casting@whisper.TV looks like it could be for a seasonnaire reality TV show. Puzzled

This is on FB

snow report
@Tom Doc,
That's the bunny.
ski holidays
@Kenzie, Oh no! It was bad enough when Geordie Shore was in Tignes!
latest report
@chocksaway,
I was working in Meribel when 'The Bubble' was filmed for (I think) Modern Times documentary series.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
info@tex-mex.fr

kblatcher@eurogroup-vacances com

And some of those already mentioned are still recruiting.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy