Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead
skichampcouk wrote:
@richey810, It's just the high altititude villages opening on the 11th December.
The lower altitude villages of Les Coches, Montchavin, Montalbert and Champagny wil not have the lifts running until the 18th December.

OK thanks. Will look for somewhere else to stay!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quick weather update
Weather warning issued

#vigilanceorange
Type of event. : Snow/Ice - snow episode notable enough to cause traffic difficulties and disrupt certain economic activities.
Event Kickoff: Saturday, November 27th at 9pm
Event End: Monday, November 29th at 7pm
5 departments: Puy-de-dome, Ain, Haute Savoie, Savoie, Isere
More info: https://vigilance.meteofrance.fr/fr
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely picture just now on Plagne Centre webcam of 3 guys with skis on shoulders walking across the snow
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin wrote:
La Plagne branded buffs that also meet face mask standards for Gondolas and lift queues

https://boutique.la-plagne.com/en/en-attente-de-nom/souvenirs-de-la-plagne/tour-de-cou-covid-la-plagne

I tried this and they had a 12.90 Euros delivery charge. Don't know if I'm doing it wrong or they've finally cottoned onto the fact that sending items out for free means that you're operating at a loss.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mine were free postage ~2 weeks ago (which definitely surprised me) so assume they've figured it out by now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jonpim, Even lovelier picture today. A piste basher is out in Plagne Centre, the snow cannons are running and another metre of snow is forecast before the end of the week.
We're planning to go up on the 8th December so will no doubt see you soon.
It would be earlier had we not booked a dental appointment and vaccine booster for early next week.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah! And here's me in the dental car park waiting for my appointment (follow-up to tooth extraction).
Like you, been watching webcams and forecasts most obsessive-compulsively.
Omicron permitting, see you next week - I understand you might be driving round . . . ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just had a jolly email from Fédération Française de Ski referring me to this:
http://www.ffs.fr/news/mise-a-jour-des-protocoles-sanitaires-ffs-3-64964
And of course this is aimed at competitive skiers rather than recreational.

Mostly what we knew already, but i'm amused by Ski touring (without access to the ski lifts) is listed as not requiring a Health Pass. Who would have thought it . . . Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La plagne in resort covid regs
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/Charte-engagement?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SAP_21_12_EN_CA_COM_OUVERTURE_J-7?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boredsurfin, thanks for that, nice to see everything written down very clearly.

Interesting to see that if you don’t have a Health Pass from one of the recognised countries that an approved pharmacy can provide you with a PS for 36€ by inspecting your vaccination certificate from your home country. I wonder if they will do that for UK teenagers who have 1 jab plus an NHS email confirming a recent (last 6 months) positive PCR test?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@rob@rar, Yes I was intrigued by the recovered from covid in last 6 months certificate seemingly being accepted in same way as a vaccination- not heard of that before -maybe a French thing?

Presumably the same rules for all Paradis ski - although this year some passes give slightly different ‘privileges’ depending on where issued - a first since Paradis ski was invented (see Perso Plagne forum for details)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes, info from La Plagne helpful and reassuring.

And in case i'm not the only Noddy that discovers things long after the rest, a little fun aspect on the Webcam site only found yesterday.
If you click on the "X" at bottom left of the picture another page loads with 3 new icons on the lower left side. Click on the upper one "Live►YouTube" and you get a live movie of what's going on.
Just now saw someone walking their dog. Now there are skiers setting out, presumably on skins. Brilliant.
And if everyone out there knew about this already, that's not unusual for me rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin wrote:
@rob@rar, Yes I was intrigued by the recovered from covid in last 6 months certificate seemingly being accepted in same way as a vaccination- not heard of that before -maybe a French thing?
AIUI, in France you are eligible for a Pass Sanitaire if you have a confirmed infection plus one dose of vaccine. For 12-15 year olds who have a confirmed infection within the last six months plus their first vaccine dose they would meet the criteria for a PS. What I'm not sure about is whether an approved pharmacy in France will accept as proof of infection the NHS email noting a positive PCR result, as a number of people are reporting problems in getting confirmation of infection from their GP. If the NHS email reporting a positive PCR test plus a vaccine certificate for the first dose was enough to satisfy a French pharmacist that a teenager was entitled to a PS that would save the hassle of daily lateral flow tests when families are on holiday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, all over this forum the main problem seems to be taking kids with you.
You, and all the other parents have my sympathies.
It's bad enough sorting out teenagers at the best of times - this added uncertainty and stress must be making life hell.
Your situation seems clear: PS valid.
But as we have seen all over, the interpretation of the rules varies from place to place, and time to time.
I wish you all the best in your quest.
(and for once quite glad i'm an oldie and kids long since grown up)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim wrote:
You, and all the other parents have my sympathies.
I don't have kids, so this is a theoretical interest for me right now. Under current rules I'll be heading to Les Arcs later this week, with some minor hassles to overcome rather than the major hurdles that some families face. It's very frustrating for them.
latest report
@Jonpim, You are the first to notice I think! The 'lives' are on You Tube for some time now, but the link must be quite recent.

As for taking teenagers, like you, I'm glad that is behind us! Although we are transporting some of Grandsons (18 months in Jan!) 'kit' with us in December to ease their visit in January! (Dads Chambery Transfer Taxi service as well ...). Very Happy

That is a serious amount of snow in Plagne Centre isn't it!
latest report
Ah! rob@rar, no kids. Very sensible snowHead
We met a hundred years ago at one of the first Easter Val Thorens bashes. It would be good to meet again (assuming i behaved myself back then), if only for a coffee and a chat.
We do go over to Les Arcs (got full Paradiski pass). Are you working or holiday?

boredsurfin, yes, i've been watching the webcams almost hourly rolling eyes
Its looking good, and more to come snowHead
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
Ah! rob@rar, no kids. Very sensible snowHead
We met a hundred years ago at one of the first Easter Val Thorens bashes. It would be good to meet again (assuming i behaved myself back then), if only for a coffee and a chat.
We do go over to Les Arcs (got full Paradiski pass). Are you working or holiday?
Yes, I remember. I'm in Les Arcs on holiday this season and it would be good to catch up. We could meet up for a coffee in the first week the Vanoise Express is operating, or later in the season. I'll be in Les Arcs for at least a week or two from January to April, unless things get really crazy with Covid restrictions.
ski holidays
rob@rar, excellent!

And following on from boredsurfin's link to La Plagne covid regulations, there is a useful FAQ on the website that includes where you can get tested in La Plagne - 8th down in the list.

Webcam shows its finally stopped snowing - so much for "Quelque flocons", as suggested by most weather forecasts (La Plagne one included).
latest report
Hi

Just waving hello to you all as we will be arriving in Champagny on 22nd December for 10 days (unless any more stringent restrictions are imposed) - hoping to keep in touch with you all on snow conditions, testing and pass sanitaire checking...

We will have the teenager issue - 14yo daughter has been double jabbed, but can't prove it, pharmacy in Courchevel has promised to make us a pass sanitaire (but suspect they may renege on that, as they have spoken to "higher authorities" since my email, who told them No) and so we may have to drive to Bozel daily to get her tested (apart from Christmas Day and Sunday Boxing Day as the pharmacy is shut - so no skiing or eating out for her on 26 and 27th December. If we could get up the Champagny gondola and Verdons Sud, we may be able to test in whatever they are planning in Plagne Centre, so would be interesting to hear what they put in place. Son is 12+1month and so is (I believe) just outside the pass sanitaire requirements....its all a big mess (un bordel - my favourite French word at the moment...)

Despite all this we are desperate to come and see our tiny apartment again and ski when we can. We have Ski A La Carte and are pleased to see that it includes 3 Valleys this year, so we may nip over to Meribel one day (for a change, usually do Courchevel) - even if we will be wearing our La Plagne buffs...

A bientot
snow conditions
Joyceycat, hope everything works out for you.

Lovely day in Plagne Centre, according to webcams. The sun is shining and its snowing again. Extra excitement as the lifts (including new lift) are running (I know they are only testing them, but a cheery sight all the same), the snow canons are blowing, and there are piste bashers out bashing.

Here in London its drizzling. But we have managed to sort out our Antigen tests OK - results came back within the hour from C19! We are starting to believe we may be going after all . . .
snow report
I think he needs a bigger shovel±

latest report
Montalbert doesn't open for another 10 days...

ski holidays
And Montalbert looks fine for skiing already. Get your skins on!
(I know. I know. You're not even there yet)

Just watched on the Plagne Centre livestream webcam some bloke push a ski pole into snow by Colorado lift, and it went down to the handle. snowHead
ski holidays
@Jonpim, Snow chains need in the Valley! Currently Longefoy and Montalbert have a power cut since lunchtime estimated re-connection by 18:00 But good news, they have cleared all the fallen trees and branches from the road network.
Good luck for your run up the to 1800
ski holidays
Wow! There has been a lot of snow.
Didn't know about fallen trees - you are clearly much better informed.

Done IKEA. Now relaxing in Hotel Flambée with beer and nibbles.
Journey on to La Plagne tomorrow.
Think road will be clear by then.
latest report
@Jonpim, Good for you, I hope Ikea wasn't too trying! The power is back on in Monty already. You should be ok tomorrow the forecast is only showing one snowflake for tomorrow - today it was 2 snowflakes snowHead
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Ikea: Click and Collect.
In and out in 10 minutes.
And IKEA in France always completely different experience to UK.
UK hell. In France almost enjoyable. Not crowded. Plenty of helpful helpdesks. No long queues.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jonpim, Thats good to hear, Ikea in Southampton its also chaos inside and out! Being a City Centre one its treated as a day out entertainment centre with the kids for many!
snow conditions
@Jonpim, We're just a bit ahead of you today, we're currently stopping in Albertville after a decent meal at the Shangai Wok. We arrived here around 5pm, it was snowing and just going dark so decided to wait until the morning before making the trip up the mountain to a cold apartment.
If everything goes to plan we will drive around to La Plagne on Saturday morning for the first lifts so hopefully see you then.
snow report
skichampcouk, excellent. Seems a good plan.
Weather less severe today (though cold) before next snow storm tomorrow.
Lifts might open late on Saturday. Where will you park?
Will be great to see you.
ski holidays
La Plagne Tarentaise Savoie France
1h ·
#vigilanceMétéo
Weather conditions and access to the ski resorts in La Savoie
Due to exceptional snowfall tomorrow through Friday the 10th
December, Pascal Bolot, prefect of la Savoie, calls on motorists accessing the ski stations of the department to be particularly vigilant.
From sunrise, snowfall will take place across the entire massive savvyards.
They will be intense in the morning, especially in the valleys (about 20 cm in Albertville).
The snowy episode will continue throughout the afternoon and some into the night.
Above 1,200 meters of altitude, at least 50 cm of snow is expected.
Traffic conditions will be particularly difficult on the axles serving the
ski stations.
Chaining vehicles will be mandatory to be able to drive from 1000 meters
of high altitude.
Pascal Bolot, prefect of la Savoie, invites to the highest caution and calls on them
motorists to be equipped with the necessary equipment to access the stations.
It encourages drivers who are not equipped with special equipment to postpone, 24 hours, arriving at stations, from Friday to Saturday. It is recommended that drivers keep a hotel for the night of Friday, December 10th to Saturday, December 11th before arriving at the confluence of the Tarantaise and Maurienne valleys and to get on the station at the end of the episode.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, all sensible advice.
Been snowing hard since 5am. Temperature -6C, so light fluffy stuff, no good for snowballs or snowmen. Very slippery to walk on.
Footsteps covered over in 30 mins. Snowclearers working continuously around the resort, dumping snow into lorries.
Very glad we came up yesterday when roads were clear
snow conditions
@Jonpim, I think us driving round on Sunday would be far more sensible than trying tomorrow. We normally park in the large car park at Bellecote but any better sugestions would be appreciated.

We will probably drive down to Bozel tomorrow,, take the bus up to Courchevel and see if we can get the new ski a la carte to work.
snow report
Quite understand. Lifts will probably open late while they do blasting.

When I used to stay down the mountain, usually stopped at La Roche. Free parking, fast lift straight up to 2000, so easy to meet up with us. Then at end of day it's an easy run back down to carpark, and pleasant café/restaurant there if you fancied refreshment before drive back to Champagny.
ski holidays
Also, stopping at La Roche saves you having to negotiate bends 6 and above, which can be increasingly tricky in snowy conditions.
This is the Dread Zone where I have been forced to put on chains in the past ( before 4wd and winter tyres).
snow report
For those with Teenagers I guess....

La Plagne Tarentaise Savoie France
8h ·
#DépistageCovid
The municipality of La Plagne Tarantaise informs you that a screening center will open its doors at the Plagne Centre's Hors-sac Hall starting Friday, December 10th for the whole winter season.
⏰ Friday: 6pm to 8pm
Saturday - Sunday - Monday: 8am to 11:30am and 12pm to 6pm.
Without appointment - 25 euros a test.
Days and hours may change.
Eh oh! ️ If you have symptoms, please bring you closer to the medical staff of the station.
ski holidays
Well done @boredsurfin for keeping us all well informed snowHead ³.

Today it has been quite uplifting with near continuous snow and watching the resort come slowly to life. Snowclearers. Piste bashers. Cars parking along the road discorging people and supplies. Police coming round placing tickets on said cars.

Then sorting out skis and boots and clothes, trying to remember all the stuff you need after 2 years. We only remembered Lift Passes at last moment.
We think we're ready. . .
snow conditions
@Jonpim, Situation almost normal Very Happy
ski holidays
Yes, boredsurfin, and now we can hear the booms of pisteurs having their early morning fun.
(Probably not that much fun, a responsible job, but I've long wanted a go at setting off a bang)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy