Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel Ski Lessons/Coaching

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We're off to Meribel 14-23 January 2022 (assuming we can go with covid etc....) and the GF will be in ski school either Sunday-Friday or Monday-Friday.

While the girlfriend is in ski school, i'm looking for some kind of lessons/coaching, and I don't mind if that's in ski touring, off piste or some race training, or general piste skiing. My standard of skiing sits above the normal adult ski school groups, over the next couple of months i'll have done enough shadowing that i'll have finished my L1 instructor qualifications and probably sit more at a level 2 starting towards working to level 3.

I'm looking for something more along the lines of the coaching Warren Smith offers over in Verbier, or some race training, but not really too sure what's out there. I've looked around some websites of ski schools, and can't particularly find anything that i'm thinking of.

Don't know if what i'm after exists, except for private lessons, but if anyone with more local knowledge has any idea, i'd be glad to hear it. If I can't find anything, then I might be tempted to see if I can do some shadowing while i'm over there, as that'll go towards what I need to do for my Level 2 course.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are running an All Mountain Intro course that week, and an Off Piste Fundamentals course the week before if dates are slightly flexible

Either week sounds like it could be right up your street https://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays.html

We have two groups with a couple of L1 instructors booked on and others who ski to that level, One coach is recently retired BASI examiner with over 20 seasons in Meribel. Im sure we can give you a good run in !

any questions drop me an email at info@insideoutskiing.com

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 2-09-21 15:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess that one point of running gap year courses is that it collects together enough trainees in one resort to make it worthwhile to run lessons for high level stuff.

Whenever I have organized race training in Meribel it has been very expensive to book a piste.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@skimottaret, thanks, I did actually look at your site, and it's the exact sort of thing I was after, only it's the full days that put me off, as the GF will only be in ski school in the mornings, and we'll ski together in the afternoons. If it wasn't for that i'd have been all over it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, we used to run the All Mountain week as 1 full day and 4 mornings but now gone to full days.

Im sure we could accommodate you for mornings only, we have a few locals that live in ValThoren valley do similar.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@skimottaret, sounds promising, i'll drop you an email. Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@swskier, if @skimottaret, is unable to accommodate your needs, you could give Mike Harrison a try

https://skiinstructormeribel.com/

He has been in Meribel over 25 years, and has a great reputation. I knew him from my time doing seasons in Meribel, and recommended him to my (nervous) sister-in-law for private lessons on a family ski holiday several years ago.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@swskier, you could probably book a Level 6 group lesson with New Gen and find yourself with a private instructor because the chances of anyone else booking that level in Jan are very low.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy