Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pila - HB or B&B??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, we're debating between 2 hotels in Pila for our half term break next year. One is on B&B basis (approx 1400 euros for our family of 5) or a HB (2000 euros). Just wondered if we went B&B what the restaurants in the resort are like, if there's plenty of choice and how expensive they tend to be? Our kids all have adult appetites so I'm guessing the HB option will probably save us money!!

The hotels in question are Hotel Della Nouva (B&B) and Hotel Etoile de Neiges (HB)

Thanks for any input!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@surferrosa, been a long while since I was in Pila but Etoile de Neiges has had a v good reputation for its food both in quality and quantity. From memory there weren't that many places at resort level to eat outside of hotels. Loved Pila, cracking place for a family holiday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @Bombardino. We've gone with Etoile de Nieges as looks ideal and not having to worry about dinner is a real plus!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Works out at around €17ppnt. There are a few restaurants in Pila and a whole bunch more down in Aosta, but I reckon you'd struggle to feed a growing family for that amount in a sit down restaurant. Maybe takeaway Pizza or McDonalds, but you can't do that every night! I think you made the right choice, nice to saunter down to the dining room of your hotel after a hard day on the slopes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just seen this post. We regularly stay at the Etoile de Neige & highly recommend. It’s a great 3*, exceptionally clean & incredibly welcoming. Anything you specifically want to know, ask away.

Our friends did a week at the Della Nouva a couple of years ago & loved it. They prefer to eat their main meal at lunchtime so it suited them perfectly to do B&B on that trip as they went as a couple rather than our usual small group.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry just seen you’ve booked the Etoile - good choice.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy