Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Paralympics

Poster: A snowHead
No thread? No sHs getting in on ClIre Baldings background at Hemel?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was out on slope during all the segments they filmed yesterday, and some of Saturday's, but as far as I could see didn't make it into the background anywhere on the final edit. Not even when I was chasing a student around who I suspect was doing his upmost to get in shot behind Lizzy Yarnold! (I, of course, was responsibly asking him to keep clear - if only because it might have been rather awkward if we'd wiped out a gold medalist Shocked )
It's good to see the stars around the place, and fantastic that Channel 4 continue to champion disability sport. I know a few of the DSUK and Snowbility instructors that teach at Hemel, they do a great job (including for my own disabled son), so great if this helps to raise their profile and help more disabled people get into snowsports.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great character this guy:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/aug/26/love-has-to-prevail-pearson-wins-gold-and-sends-message-to-lgbtq-community
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A lot of ex forces hero’s of both sexes competing to a extraordinary level.

The liberal mass media interviewing them have no self awareness of what caused their injuries and the irony of their words. Hero’s deserve better on the whims of mad people .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hero’s absolute heroes.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is an 8' 1" Iranian Seated Volley Ball player - which seems to give them quite an advantage. He has become an unlikely hero and makes Iran the team to beat. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perhaps 20 years ago now we were invited by some friends to a street party in Eccles, Manchester. There we met Sarah Storey who’d grown up on the same street. I remember her being so driven in everything she did - quite unlike the rest of us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/58417160
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Old Fartbag wrote:
There is an 8' 1" Iranian Seated Volley Ball player - which seems to give them quite an advantage. He has become an unlikely hero and makes Iran the team to beat. Toofy Grin

Even though I play standing volleyball I'd never heard of this guy. Quite a story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morteza_Mehrzad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've been watching pretty much everything I can squeeze in (to the point of watching when the coverage starts at 2am ish). I think what used to play very much second fiddle is now, for me at least is very much on a par in terms of a sporting event. I don't even consider their physical/mental impairment as I watch (though I do understand as an outsider the challenges these athletes must have to overcome).

I've loved some of the less aligned sports, such as wheelchair rugby (aka murder ball).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I do find it a bit odd that the winner of the 100m running race in the paralympics took 11 seconds. I mean, that's quite fast really.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
James the Last wrote:
I do find it a bit odd that the winner of the 100m running race in the paralympics took 11 seconds. I mean, that's quite fast really.

I'd be interested to see side by side result from both 'lympics to see how they compare in terms of outright time /distances. Suspect in some of the athletics/cycling/swimming they would be close.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know rules are rules but this seems a little harsh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58405211
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ster wrote:
I know rules are rules but this seems a little harsh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58405211

I read that but was in two minds tbh. I mean it's a bit like the British guy getting DQ'd for a false start in the 100m.

Also Leicester famously signed Adrien Silva 14 seconds after the transfer day deadline and so had to wait 4 months before he could play for them.

There has to be a rules and if you start making exceptions where does it end....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Layne, I know. But for an event which is for athletes with intellectual disabilities when its said the call announcements were not in his native language, and yes his team officials should have done better but still seems not what these games were or should be about.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ster, I'm guess the "presiding official's " hands are tied in terms of making sure that all the required rules are adhered too, and would like to think some common sense prevails if the background reasons are supported.

Very poor showing by his support staff to make sure that they weren't adhered by him as an athlete.
snow report
Can this be moved to apres?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy